When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Thought biden was fine

swing voters thinking you're a methhead probably isn't ideal

I hadn’t seen that poll, an even bigger win for Biden. Although CNN viewers would probably be more likely to favour Biden anyway. Either way this definitely looks like a better evening for Biden, no banana skins here for him. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I hadn’t seen that poll, an even bigger win for Biden. Although CNN viewers would probably be more likely to favour Biden anyway. Either way this definitely looks like a better evening for Biden, no banana skins here for him. 

If you think the polls are wrong (I dont myself) I think the poll group stuff is interesting.

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

If you think the polls are wrong (I dont myself) I think the poll group stuff is interesting.

I don’t think the polls are wrong either, plenty of A+ pollsters are showing a Biden win and have been for months. The polls were also essentially correct in 2016 as well. 

Can’t believe this is the man ‘in charge’ of leading us through the biggest crisis the country has encountered since the war. The man is a fool. 
Also clearly not wearing a mask or social distancing .. wonderful example. 

Edited by st dan

4 minutes ago, st dan said:

Can’t believe this is the man ‘in charge’ of leading us through the biggest crisis the country has encountered since the war. The man is a fool. 
Also it wearing a mask or social distancing .. wonderful example. 

As someone who works with wood working machinery my first thought was you better be doing something with that tie. 

51 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This was essentially a win for Biden, both in after event polling and considering that Trump needed a game changer the Biden team will be happy that he didn’t get that. 

I'm not so sure, I think the strategy is to turn off casual voters by making it as obnoxious and alienating and confusing as possible (they default to 'all politicians are liars/politics is grim' and end up not voting) and fire up the enthusiasm among  zealots and far right wingers who didn't use to vote but do now. Trump voters are more enthusiastic and likely to vote than Biden's. Boris Johnson had the same tactics last election, I think. 

So Track & Trace got me this morning and I'm now legally required (don't worry, I was already going to) to self-isolate til 10/10.

Thing is, the app never told us anything. This came because my mate gave our contact details to them when asked. So not sure how much faith I have in the technology.

I live in a flat, though, and do have a couple of practical questions like:

1. How do I take my bins out (need to go to basement)?; and,
  2. How do I check my post (shared lobby)?

Let alone getting food in is going to be a bit annoying, but I know someone upstairs who might be able to help on that one.

3 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

So Track & Trace got me this morning and I'm now legally required (don't worry, I was already going to) to self-isolate til 10/10.

Thing is, the app never told us anything. This came because my mate gave our contact details to them when asked. So not sure how much faith I have in the technology.

I live in a flat, though, and do have a couple of practical questions like:

1. How do I take my bins out (need to go to basement)?; and,
  2. How do I check my post (shared lobby)?

Let alone getting food in is going to be a bit annoying, but I know someone upstairs who might be able to help on that one.

I imagine you're allowed to take your bins out as a bit of a health and safety issue otherwise. Maybe wear a mask and make it quick? Choose a time of day it's likely to be quiet and distance effectively.

The post I would probably sack off for a while unless expecting anything urgent. Or get the same neighbour to check when bringing food.

Hope you don't get it and that isolating isn't too bad. Are you London based? Did they just ring you up?

Edit: sorry, got you confused with another poster in London! Can see you're in Leeds.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I'm not so sure, I think the strategy is to turn off casual voters by making it as obnoxious and alienating and confusing as possible (they default to 'all politicians are liars/politics is grim' and end up not voting) and fire up the enthusiasm among  zealots and far right wingers who didn't use to vote but do now. Trump voters are more enthusiastic and likely to vote than Biden's. Boris Johnson had the same tactics last election, I think. 

I don’t disagree with you but doesn’t it work the other way too? When does it become too much for most people and those tactics end up working the other way this becoming the driver for people to go out and vote?

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Not sure I can bring myself to watch the debate (is it available anywhere now?). Having said that I have the day off and PMQs and the presser will only take so long...

Fuck if Trump wins that might be the final straw for this bullshit year. Would be very 2020 though. Hoping the polls are right.

Here you go.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I imagine you're allowed to take your bins out as a bit of a health and safety issue otherwise. Maybe wear a mask and make it quick? Choose a time of day it's likely to be quiet and distance effectively.

The post I would probably sack off for a while unless expecting anything urgent. Or get the same neighbour to check when bringing food.

Hope you don't get it and that isolating isn't too bad. Are you London based? Did they just ring you up?

Yeah good shout on both - seem like an obvious solutions. It's normally relatively quiet anyway so shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers :) Na, I'm up in Leeds. My mate gave them our phone numbers this morning and we each got a text.

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Yeah good shout on both - seem like an obvious solutions. It's normally relatively quiet anyway so shouldn't be too difficult.

Cheers :) Na, I'm up in Leeds. My mate gave them our phone numbers this morning and we each got a text.

Presumably you don't have to get a test now even if you get symptoms? Or are you still supposed to get one if you do?

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Presumably you don't have to get a test now even if you get symptoms? Or are you still supposed to get one if you do?

If I get symptoms I'm supposed to still get tested. But even if that came back negative I'd still have to finish the isolation period.

5 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Which bars were you in? Just to see if I know anyone who was there at the time. Luckily I didn’t go out this weekend 😂