When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

34 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Thanks - after a very painful experience last summer it was discovered I had 6 kidney stones.

I've passed 5 of them - no fun. The one that's left is too big to pass so needs surgery. Everything got cancelled over Christmas - understandably - but hopeful I can get it sorted soon.

ooof. Hope all goes well.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

For other people the just like twists in films and tv shows, so want there to be one in real life!

Yeah, this has def parallels with QAnon. On the Q pod I listen to, they regularly refer to it as being one big LARP (live action roleplay).

44 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

i had kidney stones a few years back. Excuse my language, but fuck that shit ever again, it was hideous 😖 

are they planning the sonic shock thingo on you? i kind of fancied that, and it also terrified me. If i remember, they pop a kind of laser rifle up your urethra and reduce the remaining stone to dust, which you can then wee out. Pretty damn cool, but then things passing up and into you is a bit umm . . . intimidating, for me at least.

Drink lots and stay hydrated, i hope you never get kidney stones again! 

I was booked for Lithotripsy, which sounds like a better, less invasive version of what you are referring to. Nothing gets put up anywhere, the stone is targeted using ultrasound tech, and they send shockwaves through you from outside - the leaflet says it feels like being flicked in the back with an elastic band, and is usually "low-to-moderate" pain.

It's meant to blast the stone into smaller fragments that you then pass naturally. Not mega fun but having passed 5 already, I'm confident I could pop some co-codamol and ride it out. Hopefully.

Looking to get it rebooked, it got canceled when covid cases flew up around Christmas.

Yeah - water bottle is practically surgically attached to me now - I got incredibly dehyrated a couple of times last year (have had Gout before also, so clearly have issues with hydration). No fun at all. Forcing me into a more healthy lifestyle so that alone is a good thing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I think I might have caused them to fdobitvcosvi now refuse to get covid swabbed.they seem to have topped the swabbing since I l kicked off about it.

Good to hear there's a dose of AZ headed your way.  Hope you'll be up and about soon.

fdobitvcosvi is now my new favourite word 👍

20 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

In a hospital setting I'd say there's a good chance you'll be getting an arm full of Pfizer.

Yeah - wouldn't like to even guess in that (low volume) scenario as it'll be based on which they've got surplus after they've delivered all the 2nd doses.

31 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

thats the field i work in so if you need any information just ask

Massively appreciated - I assume to avoid getting more, just keep drinking a shitload of water and avoid sodium/anything that causes dehydration?

29 minutes ago, Mellotr0n said:

Massively appreciated - I assume to avoid getting more, just keep drinking a shitload of water and avoid sodium/anything that causes dehydration?

Improving your life style is an important step. Staying hydrated and avoiding certain soft drinks and certain foods high in oxalate (spinach, rhubarb etc)

knowing what type of stone you've had is good to know. The most common is calcium but there are others.

like most things in life its important to be healthy, get a good rate of exercise and avoid things which can make the reoccurrence likely!

20 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

Improving your life style is an important step. Staying hydrated and avoiding certain soft drinks and certain foods high in oxalate (spinach, rhubarb etc)

knowing what type of stone you've had is good to know. The most common is calcium but there are others.

like most things in life its important to be healthy, get a good rate of exercise and avoid things which can make the reoccurrence likely!

Thanks - I'm not assuming you'd know whether it's likely I'll be able to be rebooked for lithotripsy atm....it'll be on a hospital-by-hospital basis in terms of waiting lists etc. Obviously anything more essential - cancer-screening etc, I'd rather goes ahead of me in the queue.