When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

milking it. elections soon. Inevitable though, it's politics innit.

They planning on giving equal weight to making a video about the UK having the highest deaths/million of any major country in the entire world?

I know I punched you in the face but look how wonderful this bandage is...

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Not sure what to say about this...

If this guy's even part right they might have to cancel that,

https://nitter.tedomum.net/GVDBossche

"For those who may have some difficulty in understanding how mass vaccination drives viral immune escape, it will suffice to watch infectivity and morbidity rates in those countries who have now succeeded in vaccinating millions of people in just a few weeks. "
media%2FEv9u5NmXYAI9hK3.jpg%3Fname%3Dsma

He's written an open letter to the WHO warning that the vaccine rollout is a disaster and will lead to more deaths. One for an evaluation by Toilet Duck i think.

Evzvo-jWYAQpfCR.jpg%3Fname=orig

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

How many of these are the poor quality Innova tests that the government bought at a cost of almost £1billion and now have decided to use like crazy, as they've paid for them after all? 

They only recently started using LTR in those figures i believe?

Is it hard to compliment them on successlly ramping up?

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

If this guy's even part right they might have to cancel that,

https://nitter.tedomum.net/GVDBossche

"For those who may have some difficulty in understanding how mass vaccination drives viral immune escape, it will suffice to watch infectivity and morbidity rates in those countries who have now succeeded in vaccinating millions of people in just a few weeks. "
media%2FEv9u5NmXYAI9hK3.jpg%3Fname%3Dsma

He's written an open letter to the WHO warning that the vaccine rollout is a disaster and will lead to more deaths. One for an evaluation by Toilet Duck i think.

Evzvo-jWYAQpfCR.jpg%3Fname=orig

An open letter you say? Im convinced. 

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That’s just horrible, it’s so sad.

Eh?

You know the graph is tests conducted, not positive results.

It basically says that we're testing ~1% of the population each day.

19 minutes ago, incident said:

Eh?

You know the graph is tests conducted, not positive results.

It basically says that we're testing ~1% of the population each day.

Still a double edged triumph. The reason we are, and especially have had to over the past few months, having to test so many is where the negative comes in. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

They only recently started using LTR in those figures i believe?

Is it hard to compliment them on successlly ramping up?

I will compliment them if I can be gain some reassurance that the additional tests are good tests.

They've spent our money on these tests. Has it been good value for money? Is it leading to better outcomes?

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I will compliment them if I can be gain some reassurance that the additional tests are good tests.

They've spent our money on these tests. Has it been good value for money? Is it leading to better outcomes?

lol

Lateral flow tests produce fewer than one false positive per 1,000 tests, DHSC research says

The Department of Health and Social Care has published research today that it says shows that lateral flow tests produce fewer than one false positive per 1,000 tests carried out. The accuracy of these tests has become a particular concern for parents because pupils who test positive in a lateral flow test conducted on school premises have to isolate, even if a subsequent PCR test is negative.

The research is here (pdf), and the DHSC’s summary is here. Explaining the findings, DHSC said:

New analysis published today shows lateral flow tests (LFD) to have a specificity of at least 99.9% when used to test in the community and could be as high as 99.97%.

Following the roll-out of millions of LFD tests in the community which has provided real-world data, NHS Test and Trace has been able to conduct further analysis of rapid testing using LFDs. New findings on their specificity, which is a measure of how good the test is at detecting true negative cases, show that for every 1,000 lateral flow tests carried out, there is less than one false positive result.

WORLD BEATING

In evidence to the Commons women and equalities committee Nadhim Zahawi, the vaccine deployment minister, said the UK may have the highest rate of rate of vaccine positivity (support for getting vaccinated) in the word. He said:

When I took this job on back in mid-November, I think if you look at the ONS data or other published polls, vaccine positivity was in the high 70s, touching 80%.

It’s now at 94% of the UK adult population saying that they are likely or very likely to take the vaccine.

I think that is, for your committee, the best measure that the strategy is working, watching that number continue to climb - the highest probably in the world, I think, if I’m not mistaken, in terms of vaccine positivity.