When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

13 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I do wonder how much more certain Tories will be able to take. 

The only thing Spaffer will care about is it went through. Although I can’t see it being too long before he removes the whip from those who disagree with him/have some morals again...

8 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Pack it in, children.

my 2 cents.

It takes two to have an argument.

And while sometimes some people might overstep the line and 'attack' someone else, there's also some people with too-precious views of their own about things which are opinions or not much more than guesses.

It's a diverse world with diverse opinions. Chill, people.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This made me chuckle. 

As horrendously as the pandemic has been handled - and those responsible should absolutely be held to account - there's also something nauseating about the incessant told-you-so-ism from various individuals and media platforms. We get it, you were right.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

As horrendously as the pandemic has been handled - and those responsible should absolutely be held to account - there's also something nauseating about the incessant told-you-so-ism from various individuals and media platforms. We get it, you were right.

I just kept thinking of the film Volcano when I read that tweet. 

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

does anyone have the full version of this from this morning? The wife caught the end of it, and it sounds like it might get worse.

If you go the BBC iPlayer and click on the Breakfast program you can scroll back through the program. If you go to 7:29 that’s just before Priti Patel comes on. 

The way Vallance is talking it sounds theirs no hope of any festivals, public gatherings etc etc for a long time. he says "the vaccine isnt a silver bullet and we can't suddenly go back to normal".

but the government don't follow the scientific advise anyway so who knows .

Edited by gazzared
rubbish grammer

She doesn’t think it’s the time to talk about miss-management because it’s been miss-management carried out by the government she is part of. She’s right every country will have handled this differently and had their own unique struggles but there will be a time fast approaching where we will have to look at the response to the pandemic in this country and I don’t think history will remember the response of the U.K. government kindly. 

17 hours ago, st dan said:

Yep, it’s madness.
I think we need the UK mega bands and artists (Muse, Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, Adele, Ed Sheeran etc) to really get behind a movement to have this reviewed as a matter of urgency. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55721729

Looks like some of them are already on the case - pretty certain that with enough pressure this will be addressed and amended. 

Just now, st dan said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55721729

Looks like some of them are already on the case - pretty certain that with enough pressure this will be addressed and amended. 

no way. Something similar to what's below is the best anyone can hope for.

Defra sets up £23m fund for UK seafood exporters hit by Brexit
Each firm can claim up to £100,000 from food and environment ministry for losses due to trade deal

The govt delivered brexit. They're not going to bend and suggest they've delivered a bad brexit.

And anyway, it's the electorate's fault. The government only did what the people asked them to.

Ho-hum.

8 minutes ago, gazzared said:

The way Vallance is talking it sounds theirs no hope of any festivals, public gatherings etc etc for a long time. he says the vaccine isnt a silver bullet and we can't suddenly go back to normal but the government don't listen or follow the scientific advise so who knows .

Govt has to take the economy into account. If Vaccines reduces the R rate enough, theyll open up

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no way. Something similar to what's below is the best anyone can hope for.

Defra sets up £23m fund for UK seafood exporters hit by Brexit
Each firm can claim up to £100,000 from food and environment ministry for losses due to trade deal

The govt delivered brexit. They're not going to bend and suggest they've delivered a bad brexit.

And anyway, it's the electorate's fault. The government only did what the people asked them to.

Ho-hum.

I hope pro Brexit Roger Daltry is pleased with himself....

9 minutes ago, gazzared said:

The way Vallance is talking it sounds theirs no hope of any festivals, public gatherings etc etc for a long time. he says the vaccine isnt a silver bullet and we can't suddenly go back to normal but the government don't listen or follow the scientific advise so who knows .

I know we've been round and round this debate in this thread, but it's mad to me how opinions can vary so much on what will be possible in the summer. I guess it is because scientists and politicians don't really agree, but that's why I'm more likely to think the politicians will just open up everything as much as they can.

I was in a work meeting yesterday and everyone was super pessimistic about business events they are planning going ahead in June, with the assumption they won't. However most people in that meeting seemed to think it would require all the attendees to be vaccinated but I don't think that will be the case at all.

2 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Govt has to take the economy into account. If Vaccines reduces the R rate enough, theyll open up

I don't think the R rate will be of much concern to the govt. Flu has a high R rate.

It's going to be all about the effect on the NHS. And hopefully that's going to fall quite sharply over the next couple of months.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

yeah its a tricky balancing act. what I didn't realise was that even once you've had the vaccine you can still catch covid and still spread the virus.

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I know we've been round and round this debate in this thread, but it's mad to me how opinions can vary so much on what will be possible in the summer. I guess it is because scientists and politicians don't really agree, but that's why I'm more likely to think the politicians will just open up everything as much as they can.

I was in a work meeting yesterday and everyone was super pessimistic about business events they are planning going ahead in June, with the assumption they won't. However most people in that meeting seemed to think it would require all the attendees to be vaccinated but I don't think that will be the case at all.

It was when Vallance said that when rules are eventually relaxed then it would still be a good idea to wear masks outside at places such as markets and crowded areas etc etc and then he started talking about taking precautions for next winter 😞

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

It was when Vallance said that when rules are eventually relaxed then it would still be a good idea to wear masks outside at places such as markets and crowded areas etc etc and then he started talking about taking precautions for next winter 😞

Yeah I can see some precautions coming in for next winter. Summer I'm less sure about. I think the government will just want to open everything up as much as possible. There was also a big difference between summer and winter last year in terms of restrictions.

I'm just talking generally rather than about Glastonbury (as I don't have a ticket it's lower on my wish list than others!). But if pushed I think it's unlikely given that they will have to make a decision quite soon and it is early in the season. Hope I'm wrong, though.

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

As an aside to that tweet, I fuggin hate how everything has become ’the discourse’, formerly known as ’the narrative’.

Also, as an aside to the other replies, is it wrong that I find Priti Patel quite sexy? She could deport me anyday 

• Upvote 2