Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I have no idea when the t-shirts are printed for each year, but I suspect a far way in advance of the festival.  Given that. Who would buy one with a "cancelled" stamp? "cancelled, but I have a ticket for 2021" etc?

Mentioned this elsewhere and people seem keen.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surely t-shirts containing the line up wouldn’t have been printed until the full line up was confirmed. 
 

Doesn’t mean that there isn’t other 2020 merchandise available though. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know, the Festival probably know the full line-up way before it's announced.  But as you say any merchandise would be good, support the cash flow etc.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jeffie said:

I have no idea when the t-shirts are printed for each year, but I suspect a far way in advance of the festival.  Given that. Who would buy one with a "cancelled" stamp? "cancelled, but I have a ticket for 2021" etc?

Mentioned this elsewhere and people seem keen.

How about one that says "I wanted a ticket but all I got was this bloody t-shirt"

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely...although making it economically viable might be tricky.  They would prob incur losses if they printed up all the tshirts but a limited run, perhaps at a few extra quid because of the memorabilia factor, might work.

I tweeted Emily and GF yesterday to suggest the same...although it's probably not very high on her to-do list at present.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I suggested it with the tagline The Greatest Party That Never Was with proceeds going to the charities and those small businesses and casual workers who will miss out on the money at this time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

I've seen and heard lots of people tweeting/ messaging Emily about this. I'm sure they will consider it but whether it's viable is another matter.

Suppose it depends when the t-shirts were/are printed?  Damn, out of hearts....

 

 

Edited by jeffie
Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a very good idea to produce some 2020 ‘commemorative 50th’ merchandise, and for all profits to go to those directly affected by the cancellation, by that I mean people who have lost their employment, small traders who are jeopardised by this, small acts who rely on the festival etc. 

i fancy emailing this thought to the festival- unless someone here has a more direct means of communication?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Avalon_Fields said:

It would be a very good idea to produce some 2020 ‘commemorative 50th’ merchandise, and for all profits to go to those directly affected by the cancellation, by that I mean people who have lost their employment, small traders who are jeopardised by this, small acts who rely on the festival etc. 

i fancy emailing this thought to the festival- unless someone here has a more direct means of communication?

as above there is a campaign going already ... sjsmallpage on twitter for one ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Avalon_Fields said:

It would be a very good idea to produce some 2020 ‘commemorative 50th’ merchandise, and for all profits to go to those directly affected by the cancellation, by that I mean people who have lost their employment, small traders who are jeopardised by this, small acts who rely on the festival etc. 

i fancy emailing this thought to the festival- unless someone here has a more direct means of communication?

I think people have emailed already, although maybe not about who should receive the funding.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they were to stick cancelled due to covid19 . Yea I'd have one.. 

Good thinking.. There must be loads of stuff they would have been getting done.. Every time I think of it it reminds me how serious this shit is and how much people have lost.. My daughter lost her job today.. 

I hope people get through this OK 

Kill covid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

If they were to stick cancelled due to covid19 . Yea I'd have one.. 

Good thinking.. There must be loads of stuff they would have been getting done.. Every time I think of it it reminds me how serious this shit is and how much people have lost.. My daughter lost her job today.. 

I hope people get through this OK 

Kill covid. 

Oh sorry to hear about your daughter's job. Hope it's only temporary. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Oh sorry to hear about your daughter's job. Hope it's only temporary. 

Naa unfortunately.. The company did an emergency meeting told people to sign a new contract either redundant or 0hours. Most did 0hours my daughter didn't.. Went to the work yesterday.. Shop shutting from that day.. Its a bit confusing but good job she didn't do 0 hours.. 

Bang out of order 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Naa unfortunately.. The company did an emergency meeting told people to sign a new contract either redundant or 0hours. Most did 0hours my daughter didn't.. Went to the work yesterday.. Shop shutting from that day.. Its a bit confusing but good job she didn't do 0 hours.. 

Bang out of order 

 

One thing that is clear to me we need to remember how people behaved when the chips were down and particularly large companies that acted like dicks we need to avoid them when it's all over and support those employers who behaved well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Naa unfortunately.. The company did an emergency meeting told people to sign a new contract either redundant or 0hours. Most did 0hours my daughter didn't.. Went to the work yesterday.. Shop shutting from that day.. Its a bit confusing but good job she didn't do 0 hours.. 

Bang out of order 

 

Supermarkets in desperate need at the moment ... Asda for definate ... temp contracts of 4 weeks but maybe longer .. don’t know if it’s any use ... but might help 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nope.. Cheers tho she's staying at home to look after the kids.. Best thing imo.. We've been really strick ourselves only going out for essentials and not even seen the pub for 2 weeks.. Agg.. 

We're not in isolation but extreme social distancing..... Immediate Family only.....

Might get out into the forest.. No planes etc christ real peace and quiet just put a big sign saying covid19 carrier stay away in the vans window... Park where I want lol

Be safe and happy weekend 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Nope.. Cheers tho she's staying at home to look after the kids.. Best thing imo.. We've been really strick ourselves only going out for essentials and not even seen the pub for 2 weeks.. Agg.. 

We're not in isolation but extreme social distancing..... Immediate Family only.....

Might get out into the forest.. No planes etc christ real peace and quiet just put a big sign saying covid19 carrier stay away in the vans window... Park where I want lol

Be safe and happy weekend 

To you too.  Sweet dreams out in the forest....tomorrow is a new day 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...