Orbital

gooner1990

5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

What are the chances of Orbital on Icon? I know they’re meant to be headlining a main stage but nobody seems to know which one as far as I’m aware.

That would make my weekend knowing I get to see them. I have a feeling they'll be headlining a stage which means I wont be able to see them as my headliners are locked. 

3 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

I’m not sure they’re big enough for Other these days

they're definitely not

Leeds on saturday is only a 2k capacity venue at most

I have to say the suggestion of IICON is perfect, so perfect that it definitely won't happen! I think IICON does need a really big crossover name or two to cement its position and announce its arrival, so to speak. It is very big and could accomodate an absolutely massive crowd.

but if it was just after the headliners i dont know if it would work at glastonbury from a crowd management point of view particularly with IICON being the field you first arrive into via the one way system

West Holts might be a shout and if theyre looking for a heritage act for the 50th that's part of the furniture so to speak they could do a lot worse.

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

they're definitely not

Leeds on saturday is only a 2k capacity venue at most

I have to say the suggestion of IICON is perfect, so perfect that it definitely won't happen! I think IICON does need a really big crossover name or two to cement its position and announce its arrival, so to speak. It is very big and could accomodate an absolutely massive crowd.

but if it was just after the headliners i dont know if it would work at glastonbury from a crowd management point of view particularly with IICON being the field you first arrive into via the one way system

West Holts might be a shout and if theyre looking for a heritage act for the 50th that's part of the furniture so to speak they could do a lot worse.

I agree with the part that IICON needs a big name act in there....went there a few times last year and I only ever saw it about 1/3 full although I didn't go at peak times.

Something like Orbital/Underworld/Chem Bros/Roni Size etc would be good or something that would usually be on in The Glade, just to get it going at say 11pm.

Saw Orbital play at the Extinction Rebellion occupation of Trafalgar Square. I dont care for the environmental cause, but you've got to give it to them, whenever they go on a mad one and start clogging up the roads etc, they do get some pretty big name acts come along and play for free (saw Disclosure the night after too).

It was quite surreal to see them playing in Trafalgar square, with lots of wooks and their dogs getting stuck in. Even though i've seen them before at festivals, this one was pretty exciting as i was half expecting/hoping the old bill at any second to come wading in with their batons and start sending people flying. that would have been a spectacle and a half, the Castlemorton of 2019 😆