The excitement building thread ....

Crazyfool01

4 minutes ago, SecretFish said:

good video. I admit I was surprised how late everything gets built. Even on the Wednesday things were being finished

I think because there was a few new spcaes this year, with IICON, Glastonbury on Sea and Pangea, along with the weather leading up to it they were a bit behind and also new builds always take a little bit longer.

I expect (if its a permenet feature?) On Sea will be up by Wednesday evening and everything else all sorted for Thursday. 

they will be ready ... they know the necessary timings better now ... last year was a learning experience ... this year that pier will be nailed :) ...they will all be there ... the blue tents around the pier are happening we just haven't had any confirmations as to how to get them though yet .... perhaps they have reserved them for the efest resale team :) 

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

they will be ready ... they know the necessary timings better now ... last year was a learning experience ... this year that pier will be nailed :) ...they will all be there ... the blue tents around the pier are happening we just haven't had any confirmations as to how to get them though yet .... perhaps they have reserved them for the efest resale team :) 

are the blue tents confirmed? i've rather have these than my campervan

9 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I think because there was a few new spcaes this year, with IICON, Glastonbury on Sea and Pangea, along with the weather leading up to it they were a bit behind and also new builds always take a little bit longer.

I expect (if its a permenet feature?) On Sea will be up by Wednesday evening and everything else all sorted for Thursday. 

I worked at the farm in 2017, which was obviously dry as a bone for ages before, and there was still plenty being built of the Monday and Tuesday.  The weather may have delayed the pier opening last year, but it's standard practice for the build to be taking place late in the day.  It's the same at every other festival I've been on site for before doors open too.

3 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I worked at the farm in 2017, which was obviously dry as a bone for ages before, and there was still plenty being built of the Monday and Tuesday.  The weather may have delayed the pier opening last year, but it's standard practice for the build to be taking place late in the day.  It's the same at every other festival I've been on site for before doors open too.

Oh no totally I've done a bit of work for very small festivals so I get that work still happens, I think it was more in relation to Glastonbury on sea being built still Thursday night and Pangea only being just finished! I'm sure as they're aware of how they build now it'll go up a bit easier. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

Oh no totally I've done a bit of work for very small festivals so I get that work still happens, I think it was more in relation to Glastonbury on sea being built still Thursday night and Pangea only being just finished! I'm sure as they're aware of how they build now it'll go up a bit easier. 

Also added to the fact Pangea is already there .... for this year at least ...

50 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

here is a clip ive not seen before .... anyway post those vids that get that adrenaline pumping and those smiles appearing in the run up .....

I had completely forgotten until watching this how paranoid we all were about the weather in the days before the festival! 

Didn't turn out too bad in the end... 👀

There was a thread started by me a few years ago that had all the BBC montages...Think we got all the way back to 1997 up to the present day...

Also there is this '40 years of glastonbury' which was shown on the big screens inbetween bands at the 2010 festival.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p008kgtc

13 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

There was a thread started by me a few years ago that had all the BBC montages...Think we got all the way back to 1997 up to the present day...

Also there is this '40 years of glastonbury' which was shown on the big screens inbetween bands at the 2010 festival.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p008kgtc

feel free to bump it ... had a quick look for similar 

4 hours ago, GrumpyRaver said:

When you're hiring infrastructure and equipment by the day, building up to doors opening keeps the costs down.

On 2/27/2020 at 11:13 AM, crazyfool1 said:

here is a clip ive not seen before .... anyway post those vids that get that adrenaline pumping and those smiles appearing in the run up .....

I've never seen that before! I remember @deebeedoobee's weather reports but seeing the rain coming down there, it's pretty amazing what we actually got! 

On 2/29/2020 at 4:58 PM, Robster86 said:

every year... 

one of my personal favourites this one, it's refreshing to have a video that's not a young cute couple reviewing the different food outlets and fashion lowdowns.. a motley crew getting together and getting twatted. relateable top viewing, cheers for sharing again and bringing my hype back up after a rough week!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

one of my personal favourites this one, it's refreshing to have a video that's not a young cute couple reviewing the different food outlets and fashion lowdowns.. a motley crew getting together and getting twatted. relateable top viewing, cheers for sharing again and bringing my hype back up after a rough week!

Yeh I agree some of them are a bit too professional like some sort of holiday programme segment and no one getting smashed! 

On 2/27/2020 at 11:23 AM, SecretFish said:

good video. I admit I was surprised how late everything gets built. Even on the Wednesday things were being finished

Yeah that happens every year. At some point they might think about starting a week earlier.