2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

14 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

When I was last browsing the dream of Taylor and Kendrick seemed dead, is the general consensus now that it's possible? Mainly Taylor

Kendrick moreso due to his tour dates. There’s nothing saying Taylor will or won’t do it so it’s all just people’s best guesses, and we’re basically just waiting for any activity from her next year to put her back in the game. 

2 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

When do we feel we will get our first official announcement for Glastonbury 2021? Because this time last year we had Diana Ross, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift (Self confirm) by now.

And who do we feel will be in that first announcement?

Think we will get something between Jan and March, first will be "It's on and this is how it will work" then an updated lineup very similar to last years poster but with a few tweaks. 

22 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Think we will get something between Jan and March, first will be "It's on and this is how it will work" then an updated lineup very similar to last years poster but with a few tweaks. 

I think you might be right which specific acts do you think we are going to see on the lineup.

7 hours ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

When do we feel we will get our first official announcement for Glastonbury 2021? Because this time last year we had Diana Ross, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift (Self confirm) by now.

And who do we feel will be in that first announcement?

I don't think there'll be a normal announcement for some time. They've already hinted that they're trying to get the same bill as this year, so can't see them announcing the likes of Diana Ross again when it's obvious she'll be playing assuming everything's going ahead. 

8 hours ago, henry bear said:

I don't think there'll be a normal announcement for some time. They've already hinted that they're trying to get the same bill as this year, so can't see them announcing the likes of Diana Ross again when it's obvious she'll be playing assuming everything's going ahead. 

Only obvious to those on here or who follow gig news online. A lot of people may not even know her tour has been rearranged, nevermind for Glasto week.

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Only obvious to those on here or who follow gig news online. A lot of people may not even know her tour has been rearranged, nevermind for Glasto week.

Yeah unless people actively search for this stuff they won’t see it.

Aerosmith self confirming last year seemed to miss a lot of people too.

Edited by Matt42

34 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah unless people actively search for this stuff they won’t see it.

Aerosmith self confirming last year seemed to miss a lot of people too.

Yeah some people don’t have any idea who’s gonna be there until lineup day so a lot of people who now have tickets for 2021 are probably unaware of them trying to roll the 2020 acts over and I expect a fair few who haven’t been paying attention are expecting a brand new thing.

Obviously we’re still unaware of how Aerosmith were/are gonna be presented (announced at a later date or a complete secret until they walk on stage) but either way I know a LOT of people would be dumbstruck by them being there. Them leaking their appearance really wasn’t big news outside of some small articles in the usual places like NME etc.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah some people don’t have any idea who’s gonna be there until lineup day so a lot of people who now have tickets for 2021 are probably unaware of them trying to roll the 2020 acts over and I expect a fair few who haven’t been paying attention are expecting a brand new thing.

Obviously we’re still unaware of how Aerosmith were/are gonna be presented (announced at a later date or a complete secret until they walk on stage) but either way I know a LOT of people would be dumbstruck by them being there. Them leaking their appearance really wasn’t big news outside of some small articles in the usual places like NME etc.

I think we all have at least one person in our group that doesn’t know much about the lineup till they are at the festival.

I’ve said it previously that I’d be very surprised if they don’t just release a poster saying this is who we’ve retained from last years announcement.  Releasing a new headliner for example will get people asking who is/isn’t playing.  I also think they’ll leave it as late as possible to announce anyone.

It’s become quite apparent that lots of festivals rushed out lineups to try and entice people to keep their tickets rather than issue mass refunds.  The rest now seem happy to wait longer than usual to release names.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

My mates dont even really look at the lineup outside of the headliners till they get there.

They're all psychopaths imo

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think we all have at least one person in our group that doesn’t know much about the lineup till they are at the festival.

I always kind of envy some of my pals like this, the ones who don't spend months leading up to the festival absolutely analysing everything like I do. It just seems a lot more relaxing 😆

Still wouldn't change it for the world though. 

2 hours ago, Zacko said:

I always kind of envy some of my pals like this, the ones who don't spend months leading up to the festival absolutely analysing everything like I do. It just seems a lot more relaxing 😆

Still wouldn't change it for the world though. 

No no no no I don’t agree

I’ve once had my ear chewed off by said mate for not letting them know that this favourite artist of theirs was playing the festival.

It then becomes YOUR responsibility to remind them who is playing. Bad move.

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

No no no no I don’t agree

I’ve once had my ear chewed off by said mate for not letting them know that this favourite artist of theirs was playing the festival.

It then becomes YOUR responsibility to remind them who is playing. Bad move.

With great power comes great responsibility ❤️ 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, CharlieDaRapper said:

So who are we hoping to see from the 2020 lineup carried over?

And any new additions we would like?

The festival is aiming for as close to a 2020 rebook as possible. The complete silence of Glasto rumours makes me think they aren’t talking to that many “new acts” and acts who signed for 2020 are probably waiting for the coast to be clearer before agreeing again.

We had some flutters they were speaking to AM, Muse, Florence but that went pretty silent not long after we heard it. Also Kendrick seems to be back on and Paul dropping a new album which most likely will be followed by a tour.

Most signings happen during Christmas anyway so it would make sense for things to come out around now and beyond.

39 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

acts who signed for 2020 are probably waiting for the coast to be clearer before agreeing again.

A lot will hinge on if travel from the USA is allowed without quarantine. If acts have to isolate for two weeks before a gig then I don’t expect the same line up to happen. 

35 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

A lot will hinge on if travel from the USA is allowed without quarantine. If acts have to isolate for two weeks before a gig then I don’t expect the same line up to happen. 

A lot of acts will be doing the European festival circuit so I’d imagine that if there are any quarantine requirements by then they’ll just come over early.

Personally I’d be happy with a total rebook for 2021.