2021 Headliners

I'm not a fan of Billie eillish but I can't see why she would not be an headliner. She's way more famous than Stormzy or even the Killers nowadays, I don't even mention the 1975. As someone living in France I could only assure you her influence is largely enough compared to other headliners the last decades. She also would be an relatively easy bet for the festival and a futur views blockbuster on BBC Iplayer.

I think if you're doing the latest Bond song you're probably in the culture enough to headline that given year or two after at least. She would pass the mum and the office test with that alone and we all know there is no better measure than that.

53 minutes ago, jparx said:

MC appear to be hinting on socials that Billie will be announced.

Still think she's in with a shot of headlining the Pyramid next year. I don't fancy rehashing the same debates, just registering Billie as one of my predictions. If Emily is faced with the potential of three male Pyramid headliners, particularly the lot that seem to be in the frame next year (KoL, RHCP etc...) I think she would take the gamble (although I don't see it as a gamble at all) and book Billie over them. 

Billie to headline MC and Glasto and  @Matt42 to fly back in here to announce the news to the eFests parish. 

Written. In. The. Stars. 

18 minutes ago, 1986 said:

I think if you're doing the latest Bond song you're probably in the culture enough to headline that given year or two after at least. She would pass the mum and the office test with that alone and we all know there is no better measure than that.

Sam Smith to headline Glastonbury 2015/16?

1 minute ago, incident said:

Sam Smith to headline Glastonbury 2015/16?

I think he probably could have couldn't he? In terms of size at least if not "suitability".

Not trying to have a hot take now I actually have no idea.

12 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Equality? and if Taylor aint performing and nor Gaga - Billie is touring over Glastonbury and has done the Bond song, new album being done, won countless awards sold multiple dates at the O2 and various arenas in the country, headlining the most famous festivals in Europe.

No one can argue she isn't big enough and she has a good chance.

Hold on let’s be clear here.

Gender equality is quite clearly exhibited throughout Glastonbury. Though having a female headliner to replace Taylor would clearly relate to this cause, not having a female headliner does not showcase inequality, nor does it belittle Glastonbury’s constant efforts for gender equality. Feel free to argue but it really doesn’t imo.

Now given the above (and taking my earlier point regarding Stormzy and grime headlining the festival out the equation) put her up against 

Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Ed Sheeran

Adele, Muse, Coldplay

Sir Paul, Kendrick, Taylor Swift

The Killers, The Cure

Can you really see it happening next year? Regardless of grammys, James Bond themes, ticket sales, can you really say that her brand is on par with any of the names above as it currently stands after album number 1? If you can then fair enough that’s your point and agree to disagree.

Also, headlining worldwide festivals does not always entitle that act to Glastonbury headline status, this festival is colossal. 

In addition to all this, I would defo see her if she headlined! Just can’t see it happening yet, definitely within 5 years tho (unless she does a Foals and gets stuck in the efests banter rut)!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

But clashes notwithstanding, who here would watch Billie headline?

Nope, watched a bit of the set this year but it’s all a bit meh.... All good for those that are into her though and I think it’s important to still have a female headliner.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Who is for you? Purely curious?

There's no one act I can single out, not that would have any realistic chance of playing these days anyway.  But if we're talking female pop acts I would see Gaga, she is more up my street than Taylor or Billie.

Edited by Cream Soda

2 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

Hold on let’s be clear here.

Gender equality is quite clearly exhibited throughout Glastonbury. Though having a female headliner to replace Taylor would clearly relate to this cause, not having a female headliner does not showcase inequality, nor does it belittle Glastonbury’s constant efforts for gender equality. Feel free to argue but it really doesn’t imo.

Now given the above (and taking my earlier point regarding Stormzy and grime headlining the festival out the equation) put her up against 

Foo Fighters, Radiohead, Ed Sheeran

Adele, Muse, Coldplay

Sir Paul, Kendrick, Taylor Swift

The Killers, The Cure

Can you really see it happening next year? Regardless of grammys, James Bond themes, ticket sales, can you really say that her brand is on par with any of the names above as it currently stands after album number 1? If you can then fair enough that’s your point and agree to disagree.

Also, headlining worldwide festivals does not always entitle that act to Glastonbury headline status, this festival is colossal. 

In addition to all this, I would defo see her if she headlined! Just can’t see it happening yet, definitely within 5 years tho (unless she does a Foals and gets stuck in the efests banter rut)!

Fair enough, I get what you mean but she is massive and the type of act Emily would give a chance to. Most of the acts listed are getting old so they need refreshing acts which is what Billie is. The ticket sales say a lot though, many would clamour to see her and shows she would get the crowd warranted to headline. In the list, I would say to a general person now she is bigger and would get a bigger crowd nowadays.

I might be out of touch but to general Glastonbury fans and for the BBC she would do much better in terms of viewers and attendees to Radiohead (there my favourite band but I still believe Billie would be more BBC friendly and bigger than they are currently to the world audience), Muse, Kendrick (currently), Killers and The Cure.

I’ll concede that if Glastonbury really has lost both Taylor and Kendrick and are in a real shiter headliner wise then maybe Billie might get the call due to her being on the touring circuit, if she has a second album out by then, but if not then there’s fuck all chance of it happening, Bond song or not, and tbh I still think whoever they had lined up for next year already would be more likely. The 1975 in for Kendrick, whoever the fuck else was supposed to play in for Taylor. They’re not gonna go for Billie purely because she’s female and they feel they need to fill that void - they can do that elsewhere on the lineup if they feel it necessary. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Fair enough, I get what you mean but she is massive and the type of act Emily would give a chance to. Most of the acts listed are getting old so they need refreshing acts which is what Billie is. The ticket sales say a lot though, many would clamour to see her and shows she would get the crowd warranted to headline. In the list, I would say to a general person now she is bigger and would get a bigger crowd nowadays.

I might be out of touch but to general Glastonbury fans and for the BBC she would do much better in terms of viewers and attendees to Radiohead (there my favourite band but I still believe Billie would be more BBC friendly and bigger than they are currently to the world audience), Muse, Kendrick (currently), Killers and The Cure.

I think you’d be surprised with regards to the BBC point pal.

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Who is for you? Purely curious?

I know it was directed at Cream Soda, but I'll chip in!

So past few years my headline choices have been a real mixture. 

Because I wanted to see them: Jon Hopkins, Chemical Brothers, Radiohead, Foo Fighters, Justice, Coldplay, New Order, Blur, Springsteen, Stones, Levellers

Because others were going/nothing else on and I was happy either way: Streets, Disclosure, Rudimental, Mumfords, Chic, Bloc Party, Muse, Gorillaz

I watched Billie's set last year and thought it was pretty good. Surprisingly so.  But unlikely to be where I'd choose to go for one of my headliners, and none of my mates are that into her so not one I'd likely go to as a fallback option. I'm also not one for gong to see something/someone because it's an event in itself, hence choosing Levellers over Stevie Wonder!

Not saying I'd never watch her, but it's incredibly unlikely that there wouldn't be something on I'd prefer.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I’ll concede that if Glastonbury really has lost both Taylor and Kendrick and are in a real shiter headliner wise then maybe Billie might get the call due to her being on the touring circuit, if she has a second album out by then, but if not then there’s fuck all chance of it happening, Bond song or not, and tbh I still think whoever they had lined up for next year already would be more likely. The 1975 in for Kendrick, whoever the fuck else was supposed to play in for Taylor. They’re not gonna go for Billie purely because she’s female and they feel they need to fill that void - they can do that elsewhere on the lineup if they feel it necessary. 

It blows my mind you don't see it, she's sold four nights at the O2 and a worldwide tour. One of the biggest musical acts on the planet, headlining massive EU festivals, it would be a big statement, if Stormzy can do it, Billie can definitely. Stormzy hasnt achieved a quarter of what Billie has and it says a lot for equality and she's around and we have two headliners more than likely not returning.

1975 or Billie Eilish - Billie is miles bigger, for God sake, 75 cannot sell out Finsbury Park and there tour was hardly full. She's bigger than all the others in the discussion bar Gaga who's not looking likely due to her dates. If she's an alternative for Glastonbury they are doing very well.