Resale club 2020 / 2021

Superscally

Just now, funkychick2007 said:

Have you found somewhere?? 👍🏻 

nah ... i put an offer in above the asking price on a really nice place ... was beaten by a better offer ... 😞 .... no chance of going lower than asking price at the mo ... the house didnt even hit the website .... just had a preview on fb 😞 

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

nah ... i put an offer in above the asking price on a really nice place ... was beaten by a better offer ... 😞 .... no chance of going lower than asking price at the mo ... the house didnt even hit the website .... just had a preview on fb 😞 

This in Taunton?

one of my friends put an offer in Abingdon on somewhere - was asking price and investor put in £15k above asking price and they lost out!

28 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

This in Taunton?

one of my friends put an offer in Abingdon on somewhere - was asking price and investor put in £15k above asking price and they lost out!

yeah i went 6k over a 220k price ... 😞  place was beautiful but at the moment gone are the days when you offer below the asking price 

27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

yeah i went 6k over a 220k price ... 😞  place was beautiful but at the moment gone are the days when you offer below the asking price 

Good luck! 🤞 We've just gone on the market so have this fun to come, I think it's going to be a lot easier to sell our current place than buy the next one. Did you say you've had an offer on your place?

3 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Good luck! 🤞 We've just gone on the market so have this fun to come, I think it's going to be a lot easier to sell our current place than buy the next one. Did you say you've had an offer on your place?

it sold within 1 week ... advice would be to push your asking price and not accept less ... then the battle commences 🙂 

44 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I got my house £22k below asking price in 2018 but I did have to list out exactly what needed doing to it and how much for the couple selling it to come to their senses and agree to the price! 

16 hours ago, blutarsky said:

This would do nicely: Ditcheat Hill, Somerset, BA4 6TL
https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property/105254360

Is it close enough to get village tickets? 

I think it's only Pilton for full tickets. I've had a Right Move alert set up for years but you might get Sunday tickets there. 

15 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Aw that's gutting. Our first house we offered asking price within 10 minutes of seeing it back in 2001 our 2nd house was £7k under asking price after a nervy wait of about a month where they wanted to wait to see if they could get a better offer. House buying is a shit process. Could seriously do with a massive overhaul. Hope you find something soon. 

2 hours ago, gigpusher said:

I think it's only Pilton for full tickets. I've had a Right Move alert set up for years but you might get Sunday tickets there. 

Aw that's gutting. Our first house we offered asking price within 10 minutes of seeing it back in 2001 our 2nd house was £7k under asking price after a nervy wait of about a month where they wanted to wait to see if they could get a better offer. House buying is a shit process. Could seriously do with a massive overhaul. Hope you find something soon. 

We got gazumped on a few places when we bought in 2014, and we were offering around the asking price. Circumstance worked in our favour though and we ended up buying for 20k less than the asking price, which had already come down by 20k...! 

22 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

We got gazumped on a few places when we bought in 2014, and we were offering around the asking price. Circumstance worked in our favour though and we ended up buying for 20k less than the asking price, which had already come down by 20k...! 

The last time we were buying we actually had put an offer in on another house and got gazumped, they then came back and begged us to still buy and we said ok but I don't trust someone who would do that once so we agreed to keep our buyer happy but kept looking at other houses. As we were coming for the second viewing on our house we got a call to say we'd been gazumped again. The house is just around the corner from us and the people who owned the house then still own it. The house we got is better anyway. I consider it karma. 

28 minutes ago, Greenelk said:

Think this would qualify for free tickets - https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/105838214#/

Interesting that the description says "situated on a large plot backing onto local fields" but they don't mention those fields get quite busy in June

image.thumb.png.17fbea2cc647cf6c67506c285e909cdd.png

I got the alert about this one today so yes it should come with free tickets. I expect anyone buying a house to do enough due diligence to be aware of the June situation 😄 

1 hour ago, Greenelk said:

Think this would qualify for free tickets - https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/105838214#/

Interesting that the description says "situated on a large plot backing onto local fields" but they don't mention those fields get quite busy in June

Slightly above my price range, and a bit of a commute (if I go back to the office).

But it is very close to Cumhill Hill 😯

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, missnutmeg said:

Is anyone still doing the Worthy cheese competition? When did/does the most recent monthly window close as I think I may have missed it? 😳

Of course 🙂 the draws are around the 15th I think … if they aren’t it doesn’t matter the entry will just roll over to next month 

11 hours ago, missnutmeg said:

Is anyone still doing the Worthy cheese competition? When did/does the most recent monthly window close as I think I may have missed it? 😳

The most recent one closed the 8th June, but it just rolls (as @crazyfool1 said).

Next lot closes the 6th July.

4 minutes ago, missnutmeg said:

So the numbers I’ve entered already are still valid? I didn’t realise, thanks, thought you had to enter each draw separately using different (ie. new) codes 👍🏻

The numbers you enter are valid for one draw period … depending on when you enter them will decide which one  … after the one draw they have been entered in … they don’t roll over to the next 

On 4/23/2021 at 12:18 AM, Greenelk said:

Lovely garden but the interior is shocking.