The International Contingent

beefykoala

21 minutes ago, soffft said:

Does anyone know if they sell camping gas inside the festival? I’m flying in and bringing my camping stove. 

There used to be a camping supplies shop on site, although I'm not sure if it was only if you ordered before and the collected it. I've Googled it but can only find articles about it from like 2010...

We used to get our tix delivered to us in Spain until they decided to stop a couple of festivals ago. It's a real pain having to queue up for ages and walk maybe a lot of extra distance just to get 'em. So we started getting them sent to the UK to avoid this. Still too nervous to change back again in case they change the rules again!

4 hours ago, soffft said:

Does anyone know if they sell camping gas inside the festival? I’m flying in and bringing my camping stove. 

Yes but may be limited to certain types. The camping supplies shop sell them. 

5 hours ago, soffft said:

If you know what gas you need, I'm happy to pick it up for a fellow International Contingent and you can grab it off me at the festival. I'll be driving across from Ireland.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Robinn said:

Did anybody receive their tickets? Royal Mail tracking hasn’t been updated for almost two weeks now…

Mine were despatched on the 18th, it took them two weeks to get to heathrow to be flown out to Spain where I live. 
Still waiting , been in that state for about a week now. 

We paid 10 pounds for this 'delivery' you'd think they'd actually pay for a decent postal service instead of being cheap.

Just now, dmedxb said:

Thankfully this isn't hitting the pre-Glasto weekend, loads of us would have had a sh*t time. 

Just have to be extra mindful of time when returning home. 

yep...I fly out to Venice on my honeymoon on 15th Aug and back on the 20th 😞 

2 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

yep...I fly out to Venice on my honeymoon on 15th Aug and back on the 20th 😞 

15th isn't a strike day at least - feels like this stuff is easier to deal with coming in rather than leaving! 

Sorry, though, that's a bit of a shitshow to start a honeymoon but hope you both have a magic time. 

Edited by dmedxb
typo

Update on arriving with a campervan with box office collection (outside of EU ticketholders): 

So I emailed the festival (not see tickets) just because I was a bit concerned about arriving with a campervan without a sticker (since we need to pick it up at box office), and at first they replied that the stewards would be informed about this and that it wouldn’t be an issue. But then I wanted to confirm that the box office would be available on Tuesday, and then they replied that there will be no box office collection on Tuesday, and that we won’t be able to pick up our tickets or campervan pass before Wednesday morning, and thus won’t be allowed into the campervan field on Tuesday. Are anybody else in the same situation? Would hate to miss out on Tuesday night on the hill in camp east 😞 

Edited by Schaferhunden

7 hours ago, Schaferhunden said:

Update on arriving with a campervan with box office collection (outside of EU ticketholders): 

So I emailed the festival (not see tickets) just because I was a bit concerned about arriving with a campervan without a sticker (since we need to pick it up at box office), and at first they replied that the stewards would be informed about this and that it wouldn’t be an issue. But then I wanted to confirm that the box office would be available on Tuesday, and then they replied that there will be no box office collection on Tuesday, and that we won’t be able to pick up our tickets or campervan pass before Wednesday morning, and thus won’t be allowed into the campervan field on Tuesday. Are anybody else in the same situation? Would hate to miss out on Tuesday night on the hill in camp east 😞 

I would recommend having all the emails printed and join the Q of vans on Tuesday. I’d expect the stewards to be ok and let you in. It’s a trek around the outside to the box office on foot on the Wednesday, but I’ve done it before (the trek, not the ticket pick up). I have arrived in van field a few days before on more than one occasion, delivering a rented van to get it parked up. I showed the stewards emails and it went ok, but that was a few days ahead of the festival actually opening.

23 minutes ago, Harry3 said:

Any recommendations for a cheap eSIM for UK data?

I think the consensus is Lebara as they piggy back off the Vodafone network who are managing the telephony infrastructure on site this year. Pretty cheap as well

59 minutes ago, rwoo said:

I think the consensus is Lebara as they piggy back off the Vodafone network who are managing the telephony infrastructure on site this year. Pretty cheap as well

Is it possible to buy Lebara SIMs in stores?

1 hour ago, Harry3 said:

Is it possible to buy Lebara SIMs in stores?

A quick Google looks like you can buy them in Argos & Home Bargains but you'd probably have to have a quick Google of wherever you're planning on going to a shop.

• Thanks 1