Tickets , Tips and Tricks

Crazyfool01

7 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

This thread is too big for me to find the answer to a question I am sure has been asked....

When you get through to the holding page and it states it will automatically try for you every 20 seconds - is it better to just over ride with F5 or patiently wait?

Thanks

Kevin

Over ride with due care and attention never averting your eyes from the screen. Apart from checking all the other devices! 

33 minutes ago, kevbizarre said:

This thread is too big for me to find the answer to a question I am sure has been asked....

When you get through to the holding page and it states it will automatically try for you every 20 seconds - is it better to just over ride with F5 or patiently wait?

Thanks

Kevin

Hit F5 and hit it again every time you are sure it hasn't loaded a registration numbers page.  Do not wait for the 20 second refresh.

1 hour ago, Penrhos said:

This  ^^^

If you've got time to Text, tweet, whatsapp or Facebook then you're not trying hard enough and don't deserve a ticket.... I'll be offline on all social media until I've got tickets for all people in our groups or they're sold out.

This absolutely infuriates me. Over repeated sales my friends have all done it, I managed to beat it out of them by the last resale and this coach sale by getting incredibly angry at them, they now all know not to do it.

I don’t know how thick you have to be to not understand that literally millions of people will be trying to get a finite amount of tickets, yet the amount of people (including my friends) who think it’s reasonable to be entitled to have got tickets after a couple of minutes is mind blowing.

I also don’t get how thick you have to be to think that messaging “nothing here, any luck yet?” And taking pictures of the holding page and sending those around the group is a better use of time than concentrating on refreshing each device as diligently as possible.

I've tried to explain to my friends that if the sale last 30 minutes you have to concentrate for 30 minutes, you’re as likely to get through at minute one or minute 30, but if you’re dicking around then your wasting those valuable chances.

And don’t get me started on how annoying it is when you’re refreshing on your phone and a WhatsApp message comes through, blocks the refresh button and opens the message ?

Overall though I just don’t get how a large percentage of those trying genuinely feel that it’s reasonable to expect to just get through and buy tickets within about 5 minutes.

1 minute ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Overall though I just don’t get how a large percentage of those trying genuinely feel that it’s reasonable to expect to just get through and buy tickets within about 5 minutes.

Symptomatic of society in general?

Gig ticket buying in general has changed over the years. You used to have to go to a shop or venue in person, then on the phone. Now with the internet you can get yourself all sorts of priorities to get ahead. With some presales you’ve got to be on the ball, but, generally, you can hook a ticket for most gigs if you’re on the ball. Folk have become expectant and complacent, I had a mate who tried last year and just moaned that everything crashed. I think he really expected that he’d just be in a queue 

6 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

Symptomatic of society in general?

Gig ticket buying in general has changed over the years. You used to have to go to a shop or venue in person, then on the phone. Now with the internet you can get yourself all sorts of priorities to get ahead. With some presales you’ve got to be on the ball, but, generally, you can hook a ticket for most gigs if you’re on the ball. Folk have become expectant and complacent, I had a mate who tried last year and just moaned that everything crashed. I think he really expected that he’d just be in a queue 

Yeah very much so. These days (a lot of) people have an inflated sense of entitlement.

They genuinely believe that they should be able to waltz on and just buy tickets... or there should be a virtual queueing system, which of course would see them successful.

1 minute ago, iloveglasto2020 said:

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, but in order to buy tickets are we going through the see website, or are we going through the Glastonbury websites link to the see website?

been a few years since I’ve been and things have changed a little!

Glastonbury.seetickets.com

5 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Yeah I've been on a run of awful luck over the last month. I need these tickets to stop me giving up on life!

Hi there...I'm really sorry to hear you been having a tough time recently, and totally understand that a result tomorrow morning would be just what you need to give you the lift you need right now.  Please remember though, as obsessed as we all may be, it's only a festival, and if you're struggling with things please talk to someone....there are some good listeners even on here.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Yeah I've been on a run of awful luck over the last month. I need these tickets to stop me giving up on life!

As above ... at times lots of us go through times like this ... me included .... I was thinking of something to say in response but its been summed up perfectly above so need to say no more .... despite my username ive got a good ear ... pm me if you fancy a chat 

10 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

As above ... at times lots of us go through times like this ... me included .... I was thinking of something to say in response but its been summed up perfectly above so need to say no more .... despite my username ive got a good ear ... pm me if you fancy a chat 

Aye, me too. Spent the whole of September in Birmingham Children's hospital - toddler had kidney failure. So tickets tomorrow would be nice......

16 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Hi there...I'm really sorry to hear you been having a tough time recently, and totally understand that a result tomorrow morning would be just what you need to give you the lift you need right now.  Please remember though, as obsessed as we all may be, it's only a festival, and if you're struggling with things please talk to someone....there are some good listeners even on here.

I agree, but I think sometimes you just need a win when you’re being bombarded with bad luck- hopefully a ticket will do the trick for the poor poster

36 minutes ago, Duggyfresh44 said:

Aye, me too. Spent the whole of September in Birmingham Children's hospital - toddler had kidney failure. So tickets tomorrow would be nice......

Good luck tomorrow and I hope the toddler gets well soon 

Edited by danssol
Finger trouble missed an s
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

cant believe I need to ask questions .... but lets put the mind at ease .... if it shows registrations having been used already ..... you just delete them and put in another group hoping that yours haven't become locked and payment has gone through ?

I believe the error message is slightly different if they're already used vs if they're locked. I think if they're used it says something like 'tickets already allocated' whereas when ours got locked last year it said something like 'cannot allocate', however this is based on memory from the hell of last year's sale so could be wrong.