Sam Fender

sisco

4 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

He may have o live with never been booked to headline a festival then , can a festival take a risk that at the last minute he is pulling out ? It’s unlikely that any will want to take the chance at all 

He did Finsbury which is effectively a 50k day festival, plus lots of mid sized ones this year like Truck, Victorious … and no doubt will be booked for Reading & Leeds next year.

7 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

I was at 4 festivals where he should've played and he cancelled all of them (!) last minute. I've yet to see him in Belgium. He cancelled fests before and after Glastonbury due to a sore throat but yet he could magically play Glasto, singing like an angel. Piss off. 

"Just learn to live with the element of risk". 😅 I still wonder why festivals stll bother booking this guy. It's been like this for years. He's became worse than Cardi B. 

Because Sam Fender is ill and Cardi B is an asshole ???

Edited by gfa

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

He did Finsbury which is effectively a 50k day festival, plus lots of mid sized ones this year like Truck, Victorious … and no doubt will be booked for Reading & Leeds next year.

Because Sam Fender is ill and Cardi B is an asshole ???

He did , but you do have a risk element . All it takes is for him to pull out of something bigger and promotors will worry. I guess this also may be on hope he never headlines Glastonbury just based on my dislike about been round loads of Newcastle fans who forgot he is actually from North Shields and not Newcastle 

4 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

He did , but you do have a risk element . All it takes is for him to pull out of something bigger and promotors will worry. I guess this also may be on hope he never headlines Glastonbury just based on my dislike about been round loads of Newcastle fans who forgot he is actually from North Shields and not Newcastle 

I guess he’s risky but he’s so in demand that it doesn’t matter. In a few years time when he’s cooled off if he’s still cancelling tons of shows then there might be an issue

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

He was ill when he was going to play Down The Rabbit Hole 2019, Pinkpop 2019, Tivoli 2021, Rock Werchter 2022, Sziget 2022?, tests he all canceled? But yet he was able to play the UK shows in between them? Bullshit. 

He's immuno compromised whether you want to believe it or not 😂 not sure what you want me to say

On 8/17/2022 at 10:57 AM, lighthouse said:

He was ill when he was going to play Down The Rabbit Hole 2019, Pinkpop 2019, Tivoli 2021, Rock Werchter 2022, Sziget 2022?, tests he all canceled? But yet he was able to play the UK shows in between them? Bullshit. 

I'm not sure what you're suggesting here? (or with your previous reply) If you're immunocompromised, and ill, of course the first thing that's going to get cancelled is travelling abroad. 🤷‍♂️

Not wanting to start a rumour mill discussion about exactly what he's been going through, but in a Radiox article on him, he's quoted as saying it's in 'near remission!' I know what I took from that, you make of it what you will! But I wish him all the very best, and don't blame him one bit for still trying to do as much as he possibly can, even if that means a few cancellations here and there.

Just now, lighthouse said:

As I said, I've had 5 chances to see him but he showed up at none the these occasions. That's more than 'a few cancellations here and there'. 

Well I've had 2 chances and seen him both times... I can't gauge whether you're a fan or not? But if you are, given his health problems, maybe it's worth trying to see him in the UK? Seriously the first thing you're going to cancel if you feel there's a chance you're going to 'have a turn' is foreign travel. I don't mean that to sound condescending, though I know it does, I mean that as genuine advice. 👍 

25 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

As I said, I've had 5 chances to see him but he showed up at none the these occasions. That's more than 'a few cancellations here and there'. 

Bad luck tbf… if he turns up at Victorious I’d have seen him 4 times since May!

2 hours ago, lighthouse said:

He was ill at truck but battled through it, he unfortunately seems to have serious health concerns, based on interviews. Do you want him just to never play live? I think people just have to accept the risk of cancellation but he is amazing live 

Edited by NoBuses

1 hour ago, NoBuses said:

He was ill at truck but battled through it, he unfortunately seems to have serious health concerns, based on interviews. Do you want him just to never play live? I think people just have to accept the risk of cancellation but he is amazing live 

The issue is if your booking him as a headline act, a lot of responsibility for him to play no matter what the circumstances.

That’s what pressure is in his future 

• 3 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, chickenfire said:

Twitter is in full meltdown about how bad See Tickets was for it. Clearly they don't go to Glastonbury. 

It's always going to be the case though isn't it? If you get tickets, system is just fine, if you fail, system is broken. There is no magic solution to 5 people wanting each ticket, It's a lottery. 

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

I wanna get tickets to this, but can't really commit just yet. 

Going to have to hope there's some resale/Twickets options nearer the time.

Guaranteed a lot of the friday holders will be offloading if they can get a saturday ticket.

3 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Guaranteed a lot of the friday holders will be offloading if they can get a saturday ticket.

Yes,done that myself a few times before for other gigs.  Bought a crap seat for  the first show only to get a better one when the second show gets announced a few hours later