The State Of The Ground.

Sawdusty surfer

Bound to be some big puddles after such a huge amount of rain. They tend to look scary, but will dry up quite quickly with some dry weather.

It's rained much more here in Notts than down in Pilton by the sounds of it, and the ground around here (at the Uni, so a fair amount of footfall) isn't too bad considering. A day of warmer, dry weather will sort it out quite easily. We've got huge puddles like the above, but I just walked across the field in my work shoes and it was fine.

Just now, deebeedoobee said:

So that burst was 2mm, mostly in my house, in a short space of time.

well sticky stick = no water in the bottom. 4 inches of wet below the surface

big dog got dragged out before he added to my wet carpets

B0AEC1AF-73FB-4931-9D19-9F6C60F2DF78.jpeg

I hope your house is ok!  Big dog either looks unsure as to whether he wants to be outside or is pulling you so hard that everything is a blur

2 minutes ago, Kinkyinuit said:

I hope your house is ok!  Big dog either looks unsure as to whether he wants to be outside or is pulling you so hard that everything is a blur

Yer the house will survive. Pilton digger will have fun tonight trying to find the leak and blocking it up. That’s the trouble with old houses.

still can’t get out the back gate yet. It’s below the pavement level and is flooded.

Glad the house is OK @deebeedoobee

For what it's worth I'd love to come and live with you, old house or not! Such a beautiful part of the country.

Once stayed at the airbnb at the farm next door - the one with all the chickens by Gate A that own loads of the land. Have to say I was incredibly envious of them. Felt sorry for the chickens though.

Just now, Skoo said:

For what it's worth I'd love to come and live with you, old house or not! Such a beautiful part of the country.

Once stayed at the airbnb at the farm next door - the one with all the chickens by Gate A that own loads of the land. Have to say I was incredibly envious of them. Felt sorry for the chickens though.

Thanks Skoo. Yes there are some nice places in Pilton although that chicken farm smells rank in summer just before they have a change over of stock. That long road is part of my running route. I try to hold my breath but it’s too long a stretch.

5 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Ooh you smooth talker Skoo

14 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Can I ask did you move to Pilton because of the festival or did you grow up there? :)

Neither. We moved here because at the time it was equal distance to both our work places, and we found a wreck we could afford. Festival is a a rather nice bonus.

Maybe a bit late to the party with this, but getting major 2016 flashbacks with the pictures of Download  this year:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/torrential-rain-pretty-wet-muddy-scene-download-festival-2019-2508519

Fingers crossed they don’t hog all the metal pathways this time.

Edited by FloorFiller

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Maybe a bit late to the party with this, but getting major 2016 flashbacks with the pictures of Download  this year:

https://www.nme.com/news/music/torrential-rain-pretty-wet-muddy-scene-download-festival-2019-2508519

Fingers crossed they don’t hog all the metal pathways this time.

We won't need them, it will be a dust bowl by the time we get there ?

• Upvote 1