Jump to content

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, bananaa52 said:

i guess it is obvious but i still didn't see it explicitly written. the tickets for this year will be transferred for next year's edition right? the voucher is just an option we have right?

The proposal of the government has not been approved yet. I believe that only this week they will give all the details. I imagine that who wants to keep the ticket, will be able to do that. Only who wants a "refund" will get a voucher. At least it is what is expected.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mood in: April - I'm still happy now there's no Mordor, could feel more like the old days May - no Auditori this year as it's indoor, bummer but inevitable  June - confirmation that

Yes, you did. Three times. 

i think we're all forgetting something important - namely, which baffling, long-winded and quite possibly excruciating method will the PS team use to announce the line up this year? I'm hoping fo

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Chilly Toad said:

Sorry for making you register. Thank you for trying to do Primavera's job.

Primavera's job? The Spanish government has not decided yet about music festivals. Are you talking about Primavera's job or Spanish government's job?

Yes, we all know that will not take place. But, at this very moment, there is not a prohibition from the government. There are several festivals in the same situation: BBK Live, MadCool, Low Festival, Azkena Rock, Vida, Ressurection, and many more. All of them taking place before Primavera (June/July). All of them waiting to see how to deal with the situation.

For you is easy to say: "hey, give me my money back". Everybody wants the same. But if my boss refunds all his costumers in cash (I work at a tour operator), probably I will not get my salary (which, by the way, was cut in 33%, since we are in lay-off). So, to honor is duties, he gives vouchers to the clients, so they can use them later. Is it the ideal? No. But, is better than nothing.

And I would say the same for any other festival. Yes, Primavera is my favorite festival. Yes, their communication sometimes can be awful. And yes, they are a business and, besides their "love" for music and music fans, they want the business to be profit (do you like to work for free?). But they gave me some of the best moments of my life (musically speaking, but even further). I like to show them some respect.

Edited by MeMeMeM
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes feel that people care more about communication - in the midst of a massive crisis - than they do about other things surely of much greater importance. Yes, it has been mostly poor this year but over the last 10 years their communication has been fine (other then their annual gimmicky lineup announcements).

If you could only pick two of these, which would you choose?

- Read good communication about ticket refunds

- Be offered ticket refund

- Attend an absolutely brilliant festival, overflowing with great acts and well organised

If I had to weight these three areas, the final one would get 95%+ of the available marks and the second is surely much more important than the first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MeMeMeM said:

Primavera's job?

For you is easy to say: "hey, give me my money back"

Man, you said work more, complain less. If you had read what I wrote, you'd have seen that what I want from Primavera is some information.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sometimes feel that people care more about communication - in the midst of a massive crisis - than they do about other things surely of much greater importance. Yes, it has been mostly poor this year but over the last 10 years their communication has been fine (other then their annual gimmicky lineup announcements).

If you could only pick two of these, which would you choose?

- Read good communication about ticket refunds

- Be offered ticket refund

- Attend an absolutely brilliant festival, overflowing with great acts and well organised

If I had to weight these three areas, the final one would get 95%+ of the available marks and the second is surely much more important than the first.

Nice. Still doesn't answer why PS have stopped all communication with their customers. Read the Facebook comments. Lots and lots of people want them to communicate. What's so hard about it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chilly Toad said:

Nice. Still doesn't answer why PS have stopped all communication with their customers. Read the Facebook comments. Lots and lots of people want them to communicate. What's so hard about it?

What do you want them to say besides what they already said? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, diogozsz said:

What do you want them to say besides what they already said? 

What have they already said? Very little, after  moving the festival to dates that were clearly unworkable and making vague promises about 'alternatives' soon. That was five weeks ago and nothing since. You can't see why people might find that inadequate? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Growlkass said:

What have they already said? Very little, after  moving the festival to dates that were clearly unworkable and making vague promises about 'alternatives' soon. That was five weeks ago and nothing since. You can't see why people might find that inadequate? 

Yes, I do and I'm pissed off too since I have a ticket on my hands. 

But if there's no progress what do you want them to say? Do you want a weekly "Hey Primavera Sound fans, we still don't have any news but we want you all to know that we're alive. :)" update? They're as clueless as we are right now. Should they be? No, but they are. 

Edited by diogozsz
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I'm finding this discussion about Primavera's communications to be a storm in a teacup. There's a much bigger problem, which is whether it's even possible for the festival to take place in its current form next year.

I suspect I'll take the voucher option, to keep faith with the festival, but I'm not kidding myself that there's a better than 50% chance of it happening next year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, daveje said:

To be honest, I'm finding this discussion about Primavera's communications to be a storm in a teacup. There's a much bigger problem, which is whether it's even possible for the festival to take place in its current form next year.

I suspect I'll take the voucher option, to keep faith with the festival, but I'm not kidding myself that there's a better than 50% chance of it happening next year.

This comment is spot on. 

Governments are making wholesale changes to city infrastructure and working environments. This is massively inconvenient but they are doing it because they believe we are here for the long haul.

The reasons mass gatherings are risky now are the same as why they will be risky next June. Scientists are divided as to whether we will have vaccine roll out by then. Probably more think we won't than think we will.

Salvation it seems can only come if there is a vaccine that is both demonstrably effective and if it is able to be rolled out at unprecedented scale and if  immunity conferred is reasonably long-term.

A lot of ifs.

The very existence of music festivals is under threat. And the longer this goes on, the more will close. Yes, they are commercial organisations but it still stands to ruin the livelihoods of the human beings who work for them and the human beings who work in the supply chain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can love going to festivals and still be critical of the choices they make. Being pissed off about refund communcations doesn't mean you're gunning for entire industries to fail. It's not mutually exclusive.

Edited by jannybruck
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I may grab a refund of my tickets and grab a resale Glastonbury,

just feel it's a safer bet than a festival that involves a longer flight. I'll wait and see what's offered or if a new big name is added in their upcoming press release. But based on this year I reckon it'll be easier for me to get to the UK from Ireland for 2021. 

Maybe even all points east, quite liked the look of the Tame Impala day. Massive attack day with an exclusive acoustic Thom Yorke/Radiohead mixed set looked good too. 
 

Edited by Rico_Pliskin
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, diogozsz said:

But if there's no progress what do you want them to say? Do you want a weekly "Hey Primavera Sound fans, we still don't have any news but we want you all to know that we're alive. :)" update? They're as clueless as we are right now. Should they be? No, but they are. 

I'm sorry but this just isn't factual at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

I may grab a refund of my tickets and grab a resale Glastonbury,

just feel it's a safer bet than a festival that involves a longer flight. I'll wait and see what's offered or if a new big name is added in their upcoming press release. But based on this year I reckon it'll be easier for me to get to the UK from Ireland for 2021. 

Maybe even all points east, quite liked the look of the Tame Impala day. Massive attack day with an exclusive acoustic Thom Yorke/Radiohead mixed set looked good too. 
 

I suspect there's less chance of getting a resale ticket for Glastonbury next year than spending three days at Primavera without being offered 1 euro beer at the entrance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I suspect there's less chance of getting a resale ticket for Glastonbury next year than spending three days at Primavera without being offered 1 euro beer at the entrance. 

mmmmmmm....  one euro beer.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I suspect there's less chance of getting a resale ticket for Glastonbury next year than spending three days at Primavera without being offered 1 euro beer at the entrance. 

It's a good point, I guess in the case of Glasto I hope that people are a bit on the fence when buying resale tickets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue with Glastonbury it's normally incredibly difficult even at the best of times and with tickets rolling over to next year, there's now 2 years worth of pent up demand. 

Being on (or over) the fence might be the only way of getting in : )

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The issue with Glastonbury it's normally incredibly difficult even at the best of times and with tickets rolling over to next year, there's now 2 years worth of pent up demand. 

Being on (or over) the fence might be the only way of getting in : )

wow the days when you could go over the fence, and prior to that - no fence!

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Ohjesus said:

wow the days when you could go over the fence, and prior to that - no fence!

I slipped a steward a tenner a couple of decades ago and he walked me straight in! Tickets were easy to buy as well - didn't sell out for months. Gather they have trained snipers now...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I slipped a steward a tenner a couple of decades ago and he walked me straight in! Tickets were easy to buy as well - didn't sell out for months. Gather they have trained snipers now...

i can remember going over the fence a few times before they had the second fence and tickets were about £60 from Hmv. 

ANYWAYS

let’s get back to refund chat 

 

Edited by Ohjesus
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve currently got a problem where my final Festicket payment for my ticket hasn’t been taken without any indication as to why, and my order is non existent on their site. There are also no order numbers on the emails they sent...

My girlfriend also has the same problem as do a couple of odd people looking at a few social media comments. I was wondering if anyone has the same problem and had any word from Festicket about it? Kind of stuck with neither ticket nor order but two thirds of a payment plan that needs sorting out...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...