Jump to content
FloorFiller

Primavera Sound 2020

Recommended Posts

so what do you think, can we expect something tomorrow? maybe teaser? this situation is really starting to annoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nsv92 said:

so what do you think, can we expect something tomorrow? maybe teaser? this situation is really starting to annoy

I hope so, if we're really gonna get the lineup next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

Just now, nsv92 said:

so what do you think, can we expect something tomorrow? maybe teaser? this situation is really starting to annoy

I think we will not have the line up tomorrow, but maybe a teaser. We haven't had Gov Ball yet, and I am almost certain, that they will come before Primavera, because American festivals tend to have exclusive reveal clauses for core acts, and Primavera has always shared a few acts with Gov Ball in the past years. I still think the coming week could be the one, where we get the line up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Do we reckon Kraftwerk or Stevie Nicks are likely for this? 

 

I think Kraftwerk are, they are playing APE and seems like Primavera kind of a booking. Crossing my fingers to get them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Do we reckon Kraftwerk or Stevie Nicks are likely for this? 

 

Also, shoutout to @Tarz for downvoting nearly everyone who is critical of The Strokes or Mad Cool 

Stevie Nicks would be very expensive and probably not yield a sufficient return in terms of audience. Cannot imagine her on any European festival that has to be profitable, only would see her as a possibility for Glasto or Roskilde.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Stevie Nicks would be that expensive but it's a poor match. She normally plays stadia and more intimate, prestige venue, not music festivals. She might do Glastonbury on the other hand for the profile.

I feel as confident as I can be that we will get the lineup this week. Presumably a teaser the day before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

 

I think Kraftwerk are, they are playing APE and seems like Primavera kind of a booking. Crossing my fingers to get them

The fact they are playing Murcia a month beforehand is a big downer, as it now makes this unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A User at Festival-Community quotes a usually well-informed user in the PC Music Subreddit, that Primavera had booked Slayyyter, but she or them cancelled the appearance after the racism scandal she was involved in. This might play into the delay.
The same user announces Kim Petras and Rina Sawayama as booked for Primavera which makes sense. Taking into account the tweet, Rina Sawayama posted on Friday, it could well have meant a Primavera announcement in the coing week.

Edited by Quadrophobia
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

A User at Festival-Community quotes a usually well-informed user in the PC Music Subreddit, that Primavera had booked Slayyyter, but she or them cancelled the appearance after the racism scandal she was involved in. This might play into the delay.
The same user announces Kim Petras and Rina Sawayama as booked for Primavera which makes sense. Taking into account the tweet, Rina Sawayama posted on Friday, it could well have meant a Primavera announcement in the coing week.

I agree with all of this but don't think there is a delay really. The most common date for Primavera to release their lineup is January.

And Gabi never said it would be ready in December, merely that he hoped it would be. There are so many moving parts, not just dealing with cancellations, but agreeing contractual terms. Once it wasn't possible to release it in the first half of December, they couldn't release it until mid-January, as media attention and ticket sales would be lower than at other times of year. Not aware of any music festivals in Europe that announce at the end of December of early January. 

 

Edited by xxialac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Quadrophobia said:

A User at Festival-Community quotes a usually well-informed user in the PC Music Subreddit, that Primavera had booked Slayyyter, but she or them cancelled the appearance after the racism scandal she was involved in. This might play into the delay.
The same user announces Kim Petras and Rina Sawayama as booked for Primavera which makes sense. Taking into account the tweet, Rina Sawayama posted on Friday, it could well have meant a Primavera announcement in the coing week.

Let's be honest. Slayyyter, a small artist, would never be the reason of a delay. She can be easily replaced by the likes of LIZ or Hannah Diamond. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, diogozsz said:

Let's be honest. Slayyyter, a small artist, would never be the reason of a delay. She can be easily replaced by the likes of LIZ or Hannah Diamond. 

Yeah but maybe they have to read through 250 Twitter and Tumblr accounts , before they can release the line up?

Jokes aside, you are probably right and she is not a factor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JedTheHumanoid said:

 

I think Kraftwerk are, they are playing APE and seems like Primavera kind of a booking. Crossing my fingers to get them

I saw Kraftwerk at Best Kept Secret and for me it was by far the most boring headliner of all editions. Totally not my cup of tea, but in case they're booked that'd be one clash less to worry about 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for a punchy Wednesday night headliner this year. Big Red Machine, Belle and Sebastian and Saint Etienne were all a bit tepid for my tastes in the last three years.

And they'd better find space for Deerhunter in the main bill this year. Having them only play on Monday was such a waste. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, xxialac said:

I'm hoping for a punchy Wednesday night headliner this year. Big Red Machine, Belle and Sebastian and Saint Etienne were all a bit tepid for my tastes in the last three years.

And they'd better find space for Deerhunter in the main bill this year. Having them only play on Monday was such a waste. 

Generally agree. But  Belle and Sebastian were more than decent and i think the same year was the amazing Spiritualized show at Auditori - with limited capacity though.
I also hope to make Wednesday stronger than usual.

 

Edited by cortomaltese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beck's European tour seems to be mostly end of June/early July.

Is he really going to spend a whole month in Europe? Seems a long time for him. I wonder if he's out despite all the rumours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Belle and Sebastian was ony of my top five concerts of PS2018... and I enjoyed also Javiera Mena and Starcrawler a lot. Actually, for me, it would be quite difficult to put together more enjoyable opening night

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pipan said:

Belle and Sebastian was ony of my top five concerts of PS2018... and I enjoyed also Javiera Mena and Starcrawler a lot. Actually, for me, it would be quite difficult to put together more enjoyable opening night

A free bar all night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

A free bar all night?

No, thanks, I already know that to get totally wasted on the opening night is not a good idea :)

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, xxialac said:

The fact they are playing Murcia a month beforehand is a big downer, as it now makes this unlikely.


I keep reading this as ‘Murica and immediately try to see where they’re planing in the states 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xxialac said:

I'm hoping for a punchy Wednesday night headliner this year. Big Red Machine, Belle and Sebastian and Saint Etienne were all a bit tepid for my tastes in the last three years.

And they'd better find space for Deerhunter in the main bill this year. Having them only play on Monday was such a waste. 

I frankly thought having Deerhunter on the Monday was a fun privilege for the festivalgoers who happened to arrive early in BCN.

Regarding the Wednesday, I agree that they should get a more lively closing act at the Primavera Stage. Mainly to drown out any crowd bullshit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SwallowOrSleepOnTheWetSpot said:

I frankly thought having Deerhunter on the Monday was a fun privilege for the festivalgoers who happened to arrive early in BCN.

Regarding the Wednesday, I agree that they should get a more lively closing act at the Primavera Stage. Mainly to drown out any crowd bullshit.

 

Guess Einstürzende Neubauten would drive those away nicely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...