Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

41 minutes ago, jaredean said:

So with rumors kicking up that PS will be cancelled any minute, how is it that the lineup for Glastonbury was just announced and it is supposed to happen end of June? Such mixed messages. 

Side note, is it wrong I’m  super jealous of their lineup that I’d prefer it over PS (except for it missing Pavement)?

Glastonbury are currently operating as usual until they are told otherwise. It’s probably not going to go ahead unfortunately, but they were always gonna announce the lineup yesterday, so there it is. And yes, it’s a stellar lineup and a real shame if it doesn’t go ahead.  

Getting to the point where UK visitors literally won't be able to get to Barcelona, let alone Primavera...

UK advises 'against all but essential travel' to parts of Spain

The UK Foreign Office has updated its advice for people planning trips to parts of Spain.

It says it is "advising against all but essential travel" to five areas:the regions of Madrid, La Rioja, and the municipalities of La Bastida, Vitoria and Miranda de Ebro.

"Airlines are continuing to run flights as normal to and from these areas,” the new advice adds.

It comes after Spain reported 36 deaths in the past 24 hours – and the number of cases is rising fast, especially in Madrid, with almost 2,000 people infected.

Meanwhile, four towns have been quarantined in the Catalonia region of north-eastern Spain under government order in an attempt to halt the spread of coronavirus.

57 minutes ago, whos3000 said:

Do you think 2021 line up will be a 2020 remixed one or will it have totally different names? 

I hope for a remix, this year's line-up is amazing. 

I actually keep listening to my Primavera playlist and update it regularly (what else to do?) and right now I am really excited about seeing 100gecs (one day).

Edited by pipan
typo

8 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

i'm hearing a rumour from a friend in the industry that PS is looking to move back a few months but are 'checking artist availability'

since every artist and are cancelling events for the next 1 and 2 months, tours will be rescheduled and this idea of moving back the festival some months seems more plausible and doable. let's wait and see.

3 minutes ago, livenstu said:

For me, a re-shuffle on this year's line up won't necessarily be a bad thing.

it's a weird headspace isn't it? you're obviously worried about the virus and its implications, but the feeling of "maybe something will happen" is kinda nice after thinking the worst (about PS) for a few weeks

26 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

the date reserved is in august 

Last weekend makes most sense, during Reading/Leeds so not much crossover and competition and some of the US bands can extend their stays in Europe and make Primavera their last one. 

And I'm on holiday so it's nailed on. September would be great. 

38 minutes ago, riseupandkill said:

yeh, if true it'll be the weekend after as per, but i guess it all depends on whether they can make enough of a bill

ok, we have paredes de coura festival in portugal during 19-22 august and it is somehow linked with primavera nowadays. i guess they won't share the same dates

8 minutes ago, bananaa52 said:

ok, we have paredes de coura festival in portugal during 19-22 august and it is somehow linked with primavera nowadays. i guess they won't share the same dates

Same booker. To me it would make good sense to run the same dates or certainly within a week either side.

Anyway this is all a bit moot. Seems incredibly ambitious logistically to run the festival in August. Plus it's so soon in the context of what's going on and the organisers will be wary of the pain of having to postpone it a second time.

Just now, xxialac said:

Same booker. To me it would make good sense to run the same dates or certainly within a week either side.

Anyway this is all a bit moot. Seems incredibly ambitious logistically to run the festival in August. Plus it's so soon in the context of what's going on and the organisers will be wary of the pain of having to postpone it a second time.

these two are the only festivals i usually go to, and was planning in going, so i was hoping they wouldn't share the dates 😁

• Like 1