Primavera Sound 2020

FloorFiller

as i said in the topic opened by alan_ts, i think it's becoming clear that there won't be summer festivals in europe this year. luckily i haven't booked flights yet for primavera, so the damage will be minimal for my plans and i understand why you are pissed off because of the situation. 

but i don't see any way you can contain this situation without taking huge measures. i think the safest for now will be to cancel all the events for the foreseeable future and then hope for the best .

exactly, zero chance now for this to happen. spain is looking likely to become the new italy and go into extreme lock down soon. that should take until at least mid april. i believe most of the festivals until at least early july are now off. hoping something can be saved later in the summer, but slim chances now i am afraid....what a shitty year....

"Spain’s Health Ministry predicts coronavirus epidemic will last between two and five months" https://english.elpais.com/society/2020-03-11/spains-health-ministry-predicts-coronavirus-epidemic-will-last-between-two-and-five-months.html
Another useful link to follow Spain;

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/spain

16 minutes ago, everest said:

So we can eliminate Italy and Spain and put them to quarantine, close their borders, they don't need to have festivals every year 🤪

In Austria-Slovenia-Hungary-Croatia situation is still okay and will be better. We could still watch Foos, SOAD, Pearl Jam, The Killers and other great names :)

Please don't understimate my friend.

Even in Italy the situation was ok 15 days ago. 

Italy-Croatia is about 30mins if I were you I wouldn't be too calm.

Edited by alan_ts

Austria for sure is not ok. When the Northern Italy was know a lot of countries got awareness and imposed travel restrictions. At the same time the ski resorts cities in the austrian alps continued to spread. In my country (Norway) we have about 700 known cases, increases every day. For the start most of the cases originated from people on holidays in northern italy, however now the majority of our cases actually originates from the spread of holiday people skiing in Austria, even though Austria have only 360 cases officially. You will see this in a lot of countries, it starts to spread unknowingly until you suddenly know. Many places they do not test so much too, yet. There will be surprises for sure, there is a lot of unknown spread going on. Better stop the travel for some time and take it easy in order for it all to be good!  Most Nordic countries are in partial lockdown now, by the way.

Edited by puckno

Yep, I'm disappointed because Im convinced there's no way this can happen now with all the cancellations and restrictions everywhere.

Hopefully they come out soon and either refund or roll the tickets over for a future edition.

And, more importantly, hopefully everyone comes out the far side of this doing ok - bands, organisers and all of us too.

2 hours ago, ConfidenceMan said:

Yep, I'm disappointed because Im convinced there's no way this can happen now with all the cancellations and restrictions everywhere.

Hopefully they come out soon and either refund or roll the tickets over for a future edition.

And, more importantly, hopefully everyone comes out the far side of this doing ok - bands, organisers and all of us too.

Good read here on tour insurance

https://click.email.rollingstone.com/?qs=7f07fe28c08ba53fc9c65868bdbc87cafb7874bf75cb3614be8216679012408fb7e3a7236076f42b6ed17cf0bac996e767b45a923681be53

Four communities outside Barcelona red zoned due to the virus spread this evening, no-one allowed to get in or out, 70.000 people. The communities are about 70 km outside of the city. https://elpais.com/espana/catalunya/2020-03-12/ordenan-el-confinamiento-de-la-poblacion-de-igualada-y-tres-municipios-mas-por-el-brote-de-coronavirus.html

But then... the expenses cannot be so bad yet. Main part of the expenses being what they pay the bands (I guess), they will not have to pay that if the bands don't play for reasons out of Primavera's control. Or am I wrong here, I don't know what the contracts look like?
So, if they cancel and don't refund, it would be the greatest year ever, from a financial point of view.

i don't think flight refunds are gonna be possible for me sadly, so assuming I'm not on lockdown and Barcelona isn't on lockdown and i'm still alive i might just got there and run around the empty parc del forum drinking aperol spritz for three days and nights.

lots of assumptions there though, i realise.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Chilly Toad said:

But then... the expenses cannot be so bad yet. Main part of the expenses being what they pay the bands (I guess), they will not have to pay that if the bands don't play for reasons out of Primavera's control. Or am I wrong here, I don't know what the contracts look like?
So, if they cancel and don't refund, it would be the greatest year ever, from a financial point of view.

lol, ok, I could have been more specific there. I meant me personally rather than Primavera. They'll be absolutely fine.

1 minute ago, riseupandkill said:

i don't think flight refunds are gonna be possible for me sadly, so assuming I'm not on lockdown and Barcelona isn't on lockdown and i'm still alive i might just got there and run around the empty parc del forum drinking aperol spritz for three days and nights.

lots of assumptions there though, i realise.

Haha I’ll see you there

• Upvote 1

So with rumors kicking up that PS will be cancelled any minute, how is it that the lineup for Glastonbury was just announced and it is supposed to happen end of June? Such mixed messages. 

Side note, is it wrong I’m  super jealous of their lineup that I’d prefer it over PS (except for it missing Pavement)?

Edited by jaredean