Suede?

danbailey80

Just now, danbailey80 said:

With Brett Anderson on site doing a talk in the park does this mean suede could be in the running? 

There headline set in JP was fucking incredible a few years back. 

Seeing as Brett's a Somerset boy now, I'm pretty sure it'll just be the new book promo (and maybe a couple of acoustic tunes) but they'd be most welcome. Not sure where they'd play, though. 3rd/4th Pyramid or 2/3rd Other? Doubt they'd repeat 2015's stage, it was great though

I bumped into him in the Kids Field in 2017 with his family. Had a great chat with him and he recommended some bands to see over the weekend. 

I am a lifelong Suede fan and have seen them many times. For me, they are one of the best live bands you can see and Brett always gives 100%. 

I really hope they’ll play and if I had a choice JP would be perfect. 

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

They were class in 2015. Would be loving it if they're announced next week.

Struggling to get into newest album, though.

Ah I really liked the newest one Stokesy. I didn’t struggle with it at all. Deffo persevere!

Another one here who would be really chuffed with them added to the line up. 

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

They were class in 2015. Would be loving it if they're announced next week.

Struggling to get into newest album, though.

Persevere with the new album, it’s really worth it!  There are some absolute gems there, Life Is Golden and Fly Tipping are up there with Suede’s best. 

Caught Suede for the first time ever a month or so ago and they were fantastic live. Not a lull throughout the set and a great combination of new and old material. Brett's vocals are still fantastic and it was all incredibly tight. Thought they might have been a bit meh in all honesty but they'd be a great booking if they're squeezed in somewhere.

I’d love to see Suede added to the bill. Not sure where they fit though as not many headline places left and wouldnt want to see them take a mid placed spot on one of the bigger stages. Other opener might work though?! Brett will get everyone going! 

Gutted I didn’t make it to Bearded Theory as they and Oh Sees are both on my must see list! Live & hope! 

Really hope so, always liked  them but wasn't until I saw them live at the Hop Farm a few years ago that I started to really appreciate them. Got enough sing along tunes to easily fill an hour and more, Brett has amazing stage presence with equally amazing live  vocals.

Edited by Cooter

Used to be a huge fan back in the day and Dog Man Star is still one of my favourite albums. New stuff is fine but I go for the oldies :) Saw them in Cambridge last month and they were great, always so much energy in the live show. As others have said, though, where would they place? I'm not sure they'll be there.

They were fantastic in Leeds too - Brett on top form. Finally got to see the full length version of Asphalt World which I was happy about. Looking at the setlists, they played a good chunk of their back catalogue over a 2 week tour!

New album is very good, though I think Night Thoughts is my favourite from the new stuff. Definitely appreciated both albums more after seeing the songs live.

Would love them to be on the full lineup, but it feels like it might be too soon for a return.