Other Stage Opener

jow95

If memory serves, Kaiser Chiefs opened the other stage in 2014 as a secret set whilst already on the Bill for JP later in the weekend.

I remember trudging all the way down early doors through the mud. It was so disappointing. New single is utter garbage IMO. But thats just one mans opinion, all hail musical subjectivity

48 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Surprised this is the first time The Vaccines have been booked for the Past It Indie Band slot, honestly.

watched them at the weekend and they're far better than they were, previous album songs sounded strong, brand new stuff sounded good and they are actually a good live band nowadays! 

I remember how disappointed I was seeing them in 2011, singer was so bad back then but his voice is much better now

Gained a bit of a soft spot for The Vaccines as of late (new albums a banger fest - come at me) but not enough to ever go out of my way to see them/‘miss somebody else for them so this kind of suits me (although haven’t given the lineup a proper scan so maybe there’s a better option..?)

3 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Anyone choosing to watch The Vaccines over a mass ABBA singalong on the Pyramid needs to have more sex.

In my haste of scanning through the lineup at work i’d Actually missed that they were on the lineup. You’re right - that’s obviously the better option. And I have plenty of sex!

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Gained a bit of a soft spot for The Vaccines as of late (new albums a banger fest - come at me) but not enough to ever go out of my way to see them/‘miss somebody else for them so this kind of suits me (although haven’t given the lineup a proper scan so maybe there’s a better option..?)

If you like that album they played loads of it on Sunday in a slot the same length so it's worth a go for sure if you can't find anything else. Luckily Post Breakup Sex, Noorgard, Wrecking Bar etc are short!!

4 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

How long is the walk from Other Stage to The Park? Ideally wanna see Babymetal and still catch a bit of Palace.

* I didn't see any act on the Other Stage in 2017, so I really have no idea!

15 minutes, although the main route is up a hill so your legs might require twice that amount of time by Sunday afternoon :D 

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy