West Holts Announced

Guy Incognito

I like sleaford mods. Took me a while to get into them and get over the singers voice and style but that's always the way with the good bands. I never understood Radiohead for years either. Idles I'm finding harder to get into but I can see how the gigs would be raucous 

6 minutes ago, incident said:

It's still all to be confirmed of course, but it's a decent guess -

The times for Jeff should be reasonably accurate assuming that the running order on the poster is correct and nobody is getting an unusually short / long set.

The times for Miley assume that she's playing before Kylie (which Emily has stated somewhere), and that the stage timings for those 2 slots are approximately the same as they've been in the last couple years.

I'll be gutted if I have to make that choice as wanted to see Jeff but Miley was on my list and I know for a fact the Mrs will be going to Miley. Either way I'll be at Janelle Monae that eve 

8 minutes ago, oldmagsy83 said:

Let's be honest, Sleaford Mods are just Mik Artistik but with repeated use of the c*** word. 

At least MA can be amusing...

Let's be honest, you've heard a Yorkshire accent and nothing else.

EDIT: I know Sleaford Mods aren't actually from Yorkshire.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I've seen and listened to both MA and SL...talking more about the lo-fi nature of it. 

Also as someone from a w/c background, i don't like how the lead guy of SL has appointed himself the police commander of what is and isn't working class music.

4 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

As perhaps the only person on this board who isn't remotely arsed about Idles, this presents no problem for me :) 

I’m with you Zoo Music Girl. Not really my thing. I’ve tried to listen to the album maybe 3 times because everyone seems to rave about them, but just turned it off after a couple of tracks.

Ill 100% be at TCIC ?.

1 hour ago, oldmagsy83 said:

Also as someone from a w/c background, i don't like how the lead guy of SL has appointed himself the police commander of what is and isn't working class music.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is pissed off about this!

4 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I like sleaford mods. Took me a while to get into them and get over the singers voice and style but that's always the way with the good bands. I never understood Radiohead for years either. Idles I'm finding harder to get into but I can see how the gigs would be raucous 

...is it?

4 hours ago, Madyaker said:

5aa7baf3ac51bc2574865b25960fd827.jpg

Edited by Hawros

Oh man Sleaford are great not my favourite band ever but I absolutely love the rambling pissed off drunk working class rants. Job Seaker is a belter! I love how DIY they it's literally like two blokes down at the pub thought fuck it lets have a go at it.

Miles better than idles imo, punk isnt my favourite genre ever anyway but they just sound so un musical to my ears. Metz are a modern punkish band that are really good. I actually think America did punk better. Stooges, dead Kennedys and black flag all so solid.

Edited by Xeph1995

oh man, i was totally hoping for a lizzo/janelle double bill so there could have been some crossover action like at cochella! also i wonder if this was the stage that santigold would have been playing, such a shame she has cancelled, she was one of my highlights a few year ago.

20 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

Chems every day of the week. They're as dependable as it gets.

And it looks like they've got some lovely new visuals.....

Absolutely. Wu tang will never live up to what they once were. I’d bet my left kidney on that. 

The Killers could possibly put on a good show but no where near what The Chems will bring. 

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Seeing them on Sunday, this is shite. Feel bad for Public Enemy and De La Soul if they are support acts for the B team.

I’ve seen wu tang 3 times and Method man wasn’t there each time. 

Got to see him and Redman last year at Brixton. As a gig it was pretty shambolic but they played the bangers so got away with it. 

My advice would be to put no faith into Wu tang and go elsewhere 

7 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I’ve seen wu tang 3 times and Method man wasn’t there each time. 

Got to see him and Redman last year at Brixton. As a gig it was pretty shambolic but they played the bangers so got away with it. 

My advice would be to put no faith into Wu tang and go elsewhere 

I've seen Wu-Tang 4 times before, with Method only turning up to 2 of those. Yeah they can be a mixed bag but still a good night out. Just think a half assed Wu Tang shouldn't be closing a show with an all present and correct Public Enemy and De La Soul. Who are you there to see Chuck D or U-God?

On the farm I'll be at Hot Chip.

11 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I've seen Wu-Tang 4 times before, with Method only turning up to 2 of those. Yeah they can be a mixed bag but still a good night out. Just think a half assed Wu Tang shouldn't be closing a show with an all present and correct Public Enemy and De La Soul. Who are you there to see Chuck D or U-God?

On the farm I'll be at Hot Chip.

I’m not there this year. Is it a hot chip/ Chems clash? 

If so I’d go to Chems as much as I love hot chip. 

On 5/9/2019 at 2:37 AM, jaimebionic said:

oh man, i was totally hoping for a lizzo/janelle double bill so there could have been some crossover action like at cochella! also i wonder if this was the stage that santigold would have been playing, such a shame she has cancelled, she was one of my highlights a few year ago.

Wait what? When did Santigold cancel? First im hearing of this. Was well psyched to see her.

5 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Very jealous you're seeing De La Soul, one of my all time faves and I've only ever seen them do a 3 track set.

I've not caught De La before either because some bright spark put them on at the same time as Deltron 3030 on the farm in 2014. That Deltron set was one of the best live hip hop experiences I've had but it was a shame to miss De La Soul.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Having seen De La Soul elsewhere, you made the right call.

I've no doubt that Deltron set with the full band and string section was something else, but in the run up I was anxious as Del Tha Funkee Homosapien also suffers from the great rap disease of sometimes half-arsing his live sets.