Billie Eilish

Matt42

7 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Zeitgeist gone maybe?

Album seems to be getting raves, and she hasn’t released a single so there has been nothing for people to grasp on to yet which I’m sure will change come tomorrow, but does kind of feel like Olivia has taken her spotlight a bit and the hype that was leading up to her last album isn’t there this time. Would also explain why people aren’t rushing to buy tickets to her tour (y’know, aside from the insane prices).

Absolutely fantastic album, really enjoyed it. Can see where the very positive reviews are coming from, has also softened the blow of forking out so much for tour tickets next year, loads of these tunes are gonna sound great live

Never been the biggest fan of Billie but the new album is really good. Maybe not £175 to see it live good, but feels like her best one yet and doesn’t outstay its welcome like the last one. 

Quite downbeat so be interesting to see if this boosts her ticket sales much - doesn’t exactly scream something to pay a bunch of money to see live, but then maybe that’s what the kids are in to these days. 

55 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Quite downbeat so be interesting to see if this boosts her ticket sales much - doesn’t exactly scream something to pay a bunch of money to see live, but then maybe that’s what the kids are in to these days. 

A few years ago the cunnilinguistic first single 'Lunch' would've set the internet ablaze. We'll see how well it takes off soon

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

A few years ago the cunnilinguistic first single 'Lunch' would've set the internet ablaze. We'll see how well it takes off soon

If you coined the term, 'Cunnilinguistic' deserves some credit here

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

really enjoying the new album.  Feeling a like I probably should have got tickets for the tour next year but difficult to justify the ticket prices for what would probably be the whole family.

Probably still plenty available and you could spread the cost a bit 

Album is really great; flows much better than Happier Than Ever (which I always felt had odd sequencing) and song writing has grown a lot since When We Fall Asleep. Instrumentation is improved alot; Finneas experimenting more with fusing in and out of different textures. No upfront singles is an interesting approach and will see how it pans out; I can't identify anything really single-friendly from first listen except maybe LUNCH but thats bound to anger the "protect the children!" boomers if played on Radio 1. 😄

Edited by FrogLobster

12 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Never been the biggest fan of Billie but the new album is really good. Maybe not £175 to see it live good, but feels like her best one yet and doesn’t outstay its welcome like the last one. 

For an artist that isn't in the Last Tour Saloon, £175, is too much to see ANYONE

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Yeah, I get people paying it for bucket list stuff, but I can't justify paying over a ton for someone who will be around for ages. Tipping point...

just had a look to see if it had sold out, funnily enough, it hasn’t! Side seats at the o2 - £180! 

My wife bought tickets for Justin Timberlake at £150 each, going both London nights, it’s awful, it’s got to implode at some point. 

A ticket for BE and JT is the same as a ticket to the best festival in the world 🤯🤯 which has entertainment 18 hours a day !!!

Regardless of what people say about the cost of glasto, It really is good value - just a shame I didn’t get one this year!!

51 minutes ago, lendan said:

just had a look to see if it had sold out, funnily enough, it hasn’t! Side seats at the o2 - £180! 

My wife bought tickets for Justin Timberlake at £150 each, going both London nights, it’s awful, it’s got to implode at some point. 

A ticket for BE and JT is the same as a ticket to the best festival in the world 🤯🤯 which has entertainment 18 hours a day !!!

Regardless of what people say about the cost of glasto, It really is good value - just a shame I didn’t get one this year!!

Next year... in the meantime, Bearded Theory is Next weekend and weather looks good. Get involved!

• Upvote 1

I've given the album a few runs through. Some great tracks on there but it's left me a bit 'meh' to be honest. Overall it's a bit ploddy and almost cringe in places on tracks like 'Lunch'.

Sometimes takes time for music to click...maybe this is one of those albums!