Billie Eilish

Matt42

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One item of concern.

People say that Oxytocin is one of her big, upbeat bangers and it'll light a fire under everyone 🔥 

Issue is that its a bit of a shit tune.

It's the most uptempo one from the last album. From what I've seen from coachella it looks better live than on the record. 

1 minute ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

It's the most uptempo one from the last album. From what I've seen from coachella it looks better live than on the record. 

It is the most uptempo one, but it's still a bit of a dirge. The ballads are generally much better - including the Bond song - but I dunno how much impact they'll have on El Pointo.

21 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

I wonder if she will have guests as she had Damon A , Khalid and Hayley Williams.

Probably Chris Martin.

Does she like coldplay is the question. 

Would still be concerned over the sound though, thats going to be a bigger issue than anything else. It sounded good at Coachella but that doesnt make it a guarantee at glasto.

31 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Watching back the 2019 glastonbury other stage set it seemed fine and she got good write up in the music press. You would imagine it would be a step up.

https://m.facebook.com/Arcti1-168482644001569/videos/billie-eilish-live-at-glastonbury-2019-full-setdona-al-canal-si-quieres-ver-más-/1136206796714203/

Watching that decided it for me. Definitely Little Simz. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Watching back the 2019 glastonbury other stage set it seemed fine and she got good write up in the music press. You would imagine it would be a step up.

https://m.facebook.com/Arcti1-168482644001569/videos/billie-eilish-live-at-glastonbury-2019-full-setdona-al-canal-si-quieres-ver-más-/1136206796714203/

I'd imagine she feels like she needs to bring something special to the table, given her admission that she hadn't heard of Glastonbury before her 2019 set. She was embarrassed by that, but she was lucky enough for Taylor to drop out so she gets another shot at meeting the moment properly.

Edited by kalifire

48 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I'd imagine she feels like she needs to bring something special to the table, given her admission that she hadn't heard of Glastonbury before her 2019 set. She was embarrassed by that, but she was lucky enough for Taylor to drop out so she gets another shot at meeting the moment properly.

Well the setlist isnt gonna change. Its tied to the production so it wont be that. And she wont have the crowd interaction cause there will be no way to walk out into the audience, so options are limited. Will likely have the cherry picker rigged up a diff way if she still opts to do it though.

Should have been second headliner.. 

Better out there but as seems now they find someone who popular and headline them 

She's fucking talented but better bigger bands out there imo only 

But saying that fuck ill be watching her 

50 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well the setlist isnt gonna change. Its tied to the production so it wont be that. And she wont have the crowd interaction cause there will be no way to walk out into the audience, so options are limited. Will likely have the cherry picker rigged up a diff way if she still opts to do it though.

I definitely agree with you that it isn't going to be massively different from her coachella set. It is also bang in the middle of an arena tour so we will see if there is any change in what she plays each night. Probably not. 

The setlist will be pretty much the same. I wouldn't be surprised if she plays no time to die with Johnny Marr though, would seem a bit of a miss if she didn't. 

Also, I think there have been slightly built out runways from the stage,  not into the crowd but closer (I'm doubting myself now I'm writing this). It would be possible I'm sure. 

I still feel like it will be special though as long as the crowd are with it. 

45 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Should have been second headliner.. 

Better out there but as seems now they find someone who popular and headline them 

She's fucking talented but better bigger bands out there imo only 

But saying that fuck ill be watching her 

She is playing 6 sold out nights at the O2 this year,  so yes,  there are a handful of bigger bands in the world but she is a massive deal right now. There is no way she's not big enough to headline. 

I'm intrigued to see at least some of her set as she is so current and I probably won't see her elsewhere but as others have said the low key material concerns me on such a big stage.

Current thoughts are to see Billy Bragg (again) on Leftfield (he's going to have a lot to say....) and then either catch what is left of Billie or Simz time depending....although all that could be changed by whoever we get on Other Stage of course....

I'm torn on whether I like Billie's music or not. I feel like there's a good foundation and I'm waiting for it to get a bit louder, more energetic, to really lose control (at least her uptempo/dancier tunes) and they never quite reach the height I want. But there's no doubting how popular she is.

She's on an upwards trajectory and as big or bigger than other artists who have been given a headliner slot. Mumford and Sons, Kasabian, Gorillaz, Florence, Stormzy to name a few.

I think she'll have a decent sized crowd and get generally favourable reviews, but still, would I see her? I'd probably be at Foals or Primal Scream... 

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

@Matt42 was thinking, although I don’t think Harry is gonna have a set of his own, what do you think of him maybe coming out with Billie as her special guest? Seems far more likely to me, and he’d make an ideal guest for her big U.K. festival show. Has enough bangers of his own or One Direction songs for them to cover. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

@Matt42 was thinking, although I don’t think Harry is gonna have a set of his own, what do you think of him maybe coming out with Billie as her special guest? Seems far more likely to me, and he’d make an ideal guest for her big U.K. festival show. Has enough bangers of his own or One Direction songs for them to cover. 

He could be - but I really think Harry will have his own set.

I think the pyramid on Friday will look like…

Billie Eilish // Sam Fender // Tba (Harry Styles) // Robert Plant // Crowded House // Rufus Wainright // Ukrainian Choir

Wolf Alice subbing Foals on the other.

To answer your question more directly I can’t think of Billie’s guest. It could be quite random. Won’t be Damon again as he’s in Germany, but I wonder which British artist has really inspired Billie that she could ask? She loves the 1975 so maybe she’d ask Matt Healy to come up?

30 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Billie Eilish // Sam Fender // Tba (Harry Styles) // Robert Plant // Crowded House // Rufus Wainright // Ukrainian Choir

To answer your question more directly I can’t think of Billie’s guest. It could be quite random. Won’t be Damon again as he’s in Germany, but I wonder which British artist has really inspired Billie that she could ask? She loves the 1975 so maybe she’d ask Matt Healy to come up?

Imagine bringing Matt Healy out as your special guest when you’re headlining the pyramid 😂

37 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Only thing I’ll say that puts a dent in your Wolf Alice subbing Foals theory is that we also know that Blossoms and Supergrass are likely to be playing Other that day and I don’t see either of them being lower than third, so Blossoms > Supergrass > Foals seems far more likely to me than Wolf Alice being in there too. I suppose we shall see tomorrow - my eyes will immediately be going to that Friday Pyramid run. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Only thing I’ll say that puts a dent in your Wolf Alice subbing Foals theory is that we also know that Blossoms and Supergrass are likely to be playing Other that day and I don’t see either of them being lower than third, so Blossoms > Supergrass > Foals seems far more likely to me than Wolf Alice being in there too. I suppose we shall see tomorrow - my eyes will immediately be going to that Friday Pyramid run. 

Supergrass could easily be lower.

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Supergrass could easily be lower.

Doubt it. The shine may have gone from their reunion a little since 2020, but the festival isn’t just gonna drop them down the lineup. They were subbing or at least third in 2020 so they’ll almost definitely be doing the same this year, much like Sam Fender seemingly kept his third down Other slot despite getting bigger (until Doja’s dropout).

+ Wolf Alice on the Pyramid makes far more sense than subbing Foals.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Johnny Marr if she adds time to die to the setlist for glasto. 

• Upvote 1