2021 Lineup

On 3/15/2021 at 8:28 PM, Frohman_MD said:

Reckon Foals are in with a shout for a secret set after announcing their rescheduled tour? 

20210315_170320.jpg

I doubt they’ll play a secret set as they did that in 2015, but it’s nice knowing they’re available.

With QOTSA and Post Malone coming over from America, isn’t the situation pretty bad over there? Is there a chance they won’t make it over? Foals could potentially be a reserve headliner if one of them pulls out.

2 hours ago, wro_lap said:

With QOTSA and Post Malone coming over from America, isn’t the situation pretty bad over there? Is there a chance they won’t make it over? Foals could potentially be a reserve headliner if one of them pulls out.

personally i’ve not allowed myself to get excited for any americans on the lineup, i am pretty sure they won’t be there. i’d like to see Post replaced by Dua Lipa and QOTSA replaced by BMTH but Foals is a good shout

21 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

personally i’ve not allowed myself to get excited for any americans on the lineup, i am pretty sure they won’t be there. i’d like to see Post replaced by Dua Lipa and QOTSA replaced by BMTH but Foals is a good shout

In reality we’d get Courteeners and Lewis Capaldi bumped up or something 

3 hours ago, wro_lap said:

I think the problem isnt in US situation because that can be solved by artists getting tests or vaccines. The main problem is the current uncertainty and cancellation of festivals in mainland Europe which makes touring unprofitable. Rappers and DJ's without huge production and crew will be fine. Some of them normally fly to the UK only for R&L, like Post Malone did in 2018 (and his plane had to make an emergency landing). But bands need proper tours which makes me think that QOTSA, Fever 333 or 100 gecs might eventually cancel their shows.

8 minutes ago, Newjem said:

I think the problem isnt in US situation because that can be solved by artists getting tests or vaccines. The main problem is the current uncertainty and cancellation of festivals in mainland Europe which makes touring unprofitable. Rappers and DJ's without huge production and crew will be fine. Some of them normally fly to the UK only for R&L, like Post Malone did in 2018 (and his plane had to make an emergency landing). But bands need proper tours which makes me think that QOTSA, Fever 333 or 100 gecs might eventually cancel their shows.

As a headliner, QOTSA will be getting paid enough to be able to come to the UK for one show and have it be profitable.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

As a headliner, QOTSA will be getting paid enough to be able to come to the UK for one show and have it be profitable.

I'd imagine QOTSA are getting paid quite handsomely and Catfish & The Bottlemen have been given a tube of pringles and a big fat bag of exposure.

Obviously just a prediction but what’s everyone’s thoughts on Laroi headlining Radio 1 as a special guest he is huge at the minute and think it would be a great booking for the festival as he fits that scene they are clearly going for 

There is so much wrong with the prediction tho, no Pit/Lock up, Sum 41 playing a slot that should go to a upcoming indie band not an iconic pop punk band 

some names I would like to see added obviously Laroi but Glass Animals is a good shout obviously need to be higher up and Nothing but thieves 

5D5B115D-C9C7-42A5-8163-94A1A81BE4A9.png

Edited by Ethan_Crossley96
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ethan_Crossley96 said:

Obviously just a prediction but what’s everyone’s thoughts on Laroi headlining Radio 1 as a special guest he is huge at the minute and think it would be a great booking for the festival as he fits that scene they are clearly going for 

There is so much wrong with the prediction tho, no Pit/Lock up, Sum 41 playing a slot that should go to a upcoming indie band not an iconic pop punk band 

some names I would like to see added obviously Laroi but Glass Animals is a good shout obviously need to be higher up and Nothing but thieves 

5D5B115D-C9C7-42A5-8163-94A1A81BE4A9.png

Looks good but mgk is to big for 1xtra stage, the kid laroi is a good shout though especially if he gets a few more big hits out between now and reading 🙂

8 hours ago, stanh said:

its very very stacked, looks great - but definitely cant see it happening.

i dont wanna be too nit picky, but i think 100 gecs should be in either FR or R1, and madison beer probs change to R1.

i cant really see there being as many as 12 acts across both main stages each day, unless the headline and regular sets are much shorter.

kid laroi is a great shout, i can see him being booked - if not, for main stage... believe he also has a song coming with justin bieber too which will only boost his status even more.

doja cat is too low as well, i think she will get one of the biggest crowds. mgk too, as much as i dont like him, from what ive heard his set the other year was very busy.

sorry if that sounds proper negative though i dont mean for it to come across like that, really class effort man, and some very good/strong shouts!! just need a bloody announcement now!

EDIT: cant wait to see some more posters from you in the future

I don’t want to take any credit just saw it yesterday and a lot of my pals love Kid Laroi and wanted to see how likely he was sorry for any inconvenience 

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Probably summer 2022

I would think they would want to play their new albums just after it comes out, putting the album out in June and then not playing anything till January doesn't make much sense to me

idk tho

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Wolf Alice tour in January, potentially festivals over the Summer?

Subbing in 2022 I reckon - would love it if they played though - their latest single (Last Man on Earth) is stunning, particularly the version they did on Jools Holland with an orchestra

• Upvote 1

Showing my age a bit here but what is Kid Laroi? Is he from TikTok? I could Google him but what’s the fun in that? I’ve seen his name mentioned loads but don’t have a clue who he is, and I’m usually at least somewhat aware of most artists who get suggested. 

Edited by Andre91

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Showing my age a bit here but what is Kid Laroi? Is he from TikTok? I could Google him but what’s the fun in that? I’ve seen his name mentioned loads but don’t have a clue who he is, and I’m usually at least somewhat aware of most artists who get suggested. 

Yep tiktok. His song Without You blew up on there

Insane how much of an impact tiktok has on the music industry. I can never recall vine/musical.ly having anywhere near this much of an impact on helping artists/songs blow up. Like Vine was definitely good for the odd viral song but one or two big tiktok songs nowadays and you’re a huge artist it’s crazy.