Jump to content
fuzzy_logic

Idles

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Someone made a valid point recently that they're the sort of act that the JP puts on reasonably early in the day to attract a mega crowd.

Think this is likely although I would quite like them to get the 15 minutes extra the headliners get. Not a lot in their current gigs I want getting cut 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Someone made a valid point recently that they're the sort of act that the JP puts on reasonably early in the day to attract a mega crowd.

Yeah fair point, a la Royal Blood 2014.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously they’ll pull a pretty huge crowd regardless of what time they’re on, but a packed out JP early on would be brilliant and has one of the sets of the weekend written all over it. Hope the clash gods are kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why are all the British post-punk bands having a Royal Rumble ffs lmao

also see The Labour Party.

:P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Why are all the British post-punk bands having a Royal Rumble ffs lmao

Fat White Family having a pop at Idles and Sleaford Mods now haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to see the Left tearing strips out of one another. As per.

😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Fat White Family having a pop at Idles and Sleaford Mods now haha

Fat White’s have got to be joking about the Middle Class thing haven’t they? Ex Art School students some of them

 

Edit: FWIW having met the Idles lads a few times from drinking in many of the venues they cut their teeth in in Bristol, I think Williamson is talking out of his arse. While they may not be the sons of miners or dock workers who’ve lived on the breadline, I’d say they come from a fairly standard U.K. background and are all sound lads. They’re definitely not part of the red trousers Waitrose brigade ffs.

Edited by Mouseboy11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did an art foundation course at Stockport college, does that mean I'm a posh git?

If it helps I did my degree at media city so I basically worked at the docks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Fat White’s have got to be joking about the Middle Class thing haven’t they? Ex Art School students some of them

 

Edit: FWIW having met the Idles lads a few times from drinking in many of the venues they cut their teeth in in Bristol, I think Williamson is talking out of his arse. While they may not be the sons of miners or dock workers who’ve lived on the breadline, I’d say they come from a fairly standard U.K. background and are all sound lads. They’re definitely not part of the red trousers Waitrose brigade ffs.

Fat Whites are definitely just sticking unnecessary jabs in. Entirely on brand and funny, but yeah if I was Idles I wouldn’t linger on that one.

But yeah I don’t think Williamson needs to turn it into a pissing contest. Can’t remember what car he drives but he’s not winning any “I’m more hard up than you” arguments with it, that’s for sure. Saying that, I think his criticism is definitely quite considered as I’ve heard a lot of people say similar about Joy... being unsubtle and patronising, not that I’ve found it a barrier to my enjoyment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’d think Williamson would have bigger, more worthwhile targets. Small-time shit from him. Disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Fat Whites are definitely just sticking unnecessary jabs in. Entirely on brand and funny, but yeah if I was Idles I wouldn’t linger on that one.

But yeah I don’t think Williamson needs to turn it into a pissing contest. Can’t remember what car he drives but he’s not winning any “I’m more hard up than you” arguments with it, that’s for sure. Saying that, I think his criticism is definitely quite considered as I’ve heard a lot of people say similar about Joy... being unsubtle and patronising, not that I’ve found it a barrier to my enjoyment.

Yeah, I definitely see where the complaints about Joy’s overall message come from. I myself can find it a bit patronising to preach ‘peace and love’ when we’ve a government that actively seeks to make the lives of family and friends worse. 

Still, I think it’s a fantastic record and personal attacks on the band aren’t the way to go. As has been said, you’d think Williamson would have bigger fish to fry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hint of jealousy from these bands towards Idles. Class/legitimacy type arguments. Weak piss.

Idles have a wider, more positive message to them than the lyrics to “I’m Scum” or “Danny Ndelko”. It’s refreshing, thus the summer they’re about to have is really threatening and annoying to these mid-tier jobbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw someone on twitter point out that both sleaford mods and Fat white family have albums to promote right now, nothing says good press like attacking other bands that are more current than you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, OddRon said:

Saw someone on twitter point out that both sleaford mods and Fat white family have albums to promote right now, nothing says good press like attacking other bands that are more current than you

Nah I don’t think Shaun Williamson should have lied when asked what he thought about Idles. And Fat Whites don’t need an album out to have a pop at someone. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Nah I don’t think Shaun Williamson should have lied when asked what he thought about Idles. And Fat Whites don’t need an album out to have a pop at someone. :P

b4104149d3cea0c056b1500195f739c38098b1d2

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Yeah, I definitely see where the complaints about Joy’s overall message come from. I myself can find it a bit patronising to preach ‘peace and love’ when we’ve a government that actively seeks to make the lives of family and friends worse. 

Isn’t that the point though? Idles aren’t the government. They’re meant to be rallying against them and their ilk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Space for all viewpoints and perspectives when kicking against the pricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...