Idles

fuzzy_logic

• 3 months later...

I had a fantastic time at IDLES set on the other and thought they were great but am I alone in thinking there seemed to be a bit of tension between the band members? I noticed some friction between Joe Talbot and Bowen live but watching it back it looked like there were a few moments between them. Did anyone else pick up on it? 

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

I had a fantastic time at IDLES set on the other and thought they were great but am I alone in thinking there seemed to be a bit of tension between the band members? I noticed some friction between Joe Talbot and Bowen live but watching it back it looked like there were a few moments between them. Did anyone else pick up on it? 

I haven't watched it back yet but didn't notice that at all at the time and I was pretty close to the front. We went to their secret set at the BBC Introducing the following day and there were no hints of friction - it was quite a jovial set with a lot of jokes between all members, especially Joe and Mark.

Thought same after watching it back, He sort of said stand down while I talk to “MY FANS” guitarist was guna crack on with the next song. Guitarist took it well could have just been banter, he looked to have bowed back as if saying “Yes Your Magisty”

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

Was the early one busy? 

I was standing on the far right, and people were able to walk inside the tent there midway through the set. There was a few leaving when they started and after a few songs, there was clearly quite a few hoping it was Green Day or someone else

8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Watching the footage I noticed Joe walk on with a bottle of Bucky, he was definitely sober for quite a while. May have something to do with it if he’s drinking again

Great set. Seemed to be much the same as Primavera but no complaints about that because they were awesome in Barcelona. They obviously left out the anti monarchy chat on the farm but the energy was still there. 

Definitely one of the best live acts on the planet at the minute. Hope any chat of group tension isn't true. That certainly wasn't evident at Primavera that I could see... or Glasto for that matter. But I was too busy enjoying myself to notice. 

Slight concern a Pyramid crowd would be wasted on them. But they deserve a crack at the biggest stages. 

Edited by Space Shanty

Fantastic set on the other, first time I'd seen them live. Managed to get really near the front no problem at all.

My mates son who came with us for the first time had never even heard of them, and was like John Belushi in the Blues Brothers seeing the light watching them. Said it was the greatest thing he had ever seen and immediately went on Twickets or something like that to get tickets for their next show.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, mazola said:

Fantastic set on the other, first time I'd seen them live. Managed to get really near the front no problem at all.

My mates son who came with us for the first time had never even heard of them, and was like John Belushi in the Blues Brothers seeing the light watching them. Said it was the greatest thing he had ever seen and immediately went on Twickets or something like that to get tickets for their next show.

I had a similar thing with a few of my mates. Basically had to drag them along and they ended up coming away saying it was the best set of the weekend. I really think you need to see IDLES live to properly get them.