ticket buying process poll

Crazyfool01

Ticket buying process poll   

285 members have voted

1. 1. How did your ticket buying process go ? not totally scientific but vote as close to your experience as possible

• I didn't get the holding page
    • I only got as far as the holding page
    • I got kicked out at registration details stage
    • I got as far as registration details page
    • i got as far as payment details page
    • I got kicked out at payment stage
    • quite smooth I got what I required without issues of being kicked back

3 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Isn’t “got as far as” the same as “kicked out at” or am I missing some nuance there?

Anyway I got as far as clicking proceed on the registration details page only for it to crash... 3 times.

getting as far as ... in my thoughts was the tickets went at that point ... as I posted its the first poll ive done and not accurate / scientific :) 

Quite difficult creating options on this poll as personal thoughts/memories of it will be swayed I wanted to keep options down but also interested to see how many had issues at the various points so I guess its just peoples overall thoughts on where they averaged out in the sale for me i saids the holding page as thats the furthest I got into  the sale even though i only got that on a couple of browsers later on 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Hang on, what's the difference between  17
"I got kicked out at registration details stage" and "I got as far as registration details page"?  Surely if you didn't get kicked out, then the answer would be "i got as far as payment details page"

same as above ... getting as far as meant the tickets went at that point .....getting kicked out meaning tickets still available but kicked back 

I tried on a laptop at work with an average connection (not at all techy, but think it’s connected to a local 4G signal or something). Had one chrome tab open, multiple F5 refreshes, holding screen until about 9.10...and then nothing.

Wife tried at home on Macbook - one safari tab open, holding screen continually refreshing until 9.16, then reg page and smooth buying of tickets (no freezing)

I've spoken to a few people regarding being kicked out, and have noticed that some of them were using the 20 second auto refresh. then when they got ion the ticket page entered all the details and got booted out . the auto refresh would have refreshed the page and put them back in the queue. did this to me in 2016 before i realised and went back to manually refreshing.

Two office PC’s didn’t get past an error message page until two minutes before tickets sold out. iPhone/4G got me to the holding page only. 

A friend got our 6 tickets around 9.15 but was very lucky; “I got through, put our details in, clicked proceed but it crashed, tried refreshing a few times, nothing. Clicked the back arrow and all our details popped back up, clicked proceed again and it took me straight to payment.”

I got stuck on the second page for a while (after the reg details page), where you select the ticket type. Once I clicked proceed/submit it said sorry deposits aren't available now try again later (or something). I clicked back and resubmitted a few times and eventually it went through to the card details page which went through first time. That was around 9.32am

5 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Can't really pick any of them . On phone couldn't get on site eventually did and got holding page for while after few mins got through and payment etc went fine . On all over devices either couldn't get to holding page or got kicked off at registration page

Yeah, it's missing "managed to eventually bag some tickets by the skin of my teeth"!

I had Safari and Firefox running with 1 tab open on each. Refreshing would hang occasionally and I found it slower than previous years but my wife managed to eventually get tickets doing the same thing. Friends ended up getting our tickets at about 09:05 and the wife managed to get some more of our groups at about 09:15. All of our group managed to get tickets including some newbies.

Edited by EZYSEY

4 minutes ago, dj_tim said:

I got kicked out after entering details, but after pressing back and resubmitting a few times I got tickets.

Also worth noting I had 5 browsers refreshing across 2 machines and only 1 got to the booking page.

We tried hitting the back button after completing our booking but it went straight back to the holding page. Looks like those days are gone and has likely contributed to a lot of regulars missing out.

This will probably annoy some but I managed to get in 3 times on my laptop and once on my iPad via 4G tether. First time through was around 9.15. Got 3 x 6 tickets as wasn’t quick enough to put in details via iPad for last group (was on my own).

I’ve only ever once got through before (with this system) in 2015 and other times relied on people in my groups to get me a ticket.

No secret tips - I just copied and pasted the link after completeling purchase and carried on refreshing F5 on chrome and managed to get through again. Always managed to get straight into holding page with chrome. Edge browser was terrible for me and just never connected. iPad was on auto refresh on safari and got through on its own.

Think just very lucky as no one else in any of my groups got a sniff