Resale Club 2019

McCor

Been looming in the background of these forums for years. Had a good run of getting tickets since 2010. Previously went a few times in 1990s. This time I have been consistently unsuccessful in main ticket sale and now the campervan sale. Not sure if I can handle the tension of resale day in April. At least the friends who got tickets got their campervan pass so I could pitch my tent with them if I get lucky. 

On 10/27/2018 at 11:26 AM, Penrhos said:

Are we running a resale club for CV tickets too?

I am in need of one after an epic fail this morning....

That stopped in 2016 when the passes became refundable and  linked to the admission ticket. I have suggested in a couple of threads that someone starts a WhatsApp group to alert people of CV pass resales but so far no one has taken the initiative. :)

On 10/26/2018 at 7:51 AM, eFestivals said:

yep, £5 a month which includes 40 texts, extra texts are £1 for 10. If you don't use all the texts in that month, the unused texts are rolled over into a new month's subscription if you take one out.

It was exceedingly successful for getting resale tickets last time there was a resale (tho of course that's dependent on how fast you react to the alerts).

PS: the money from checkpage helps support efestivals. I ain't getting rich (the opposite; £15k the wrong way right now :( )

Sounds brilliant to be honest. You  can do it yourself with plug ins but its a pain in the arse. 

When you say successful resale tickets, do you mean actual Glasto tickets? Don't they announce them ahead of time anyway? Or do you mean like secret resales?? 

14 minutes ago, Havors said:

When you say successful resale tickets, do you mean actual Glasto tickets? Don't they announce them ahead of time anyway? Or do you mean like secret resales??

secret resales.

There wasn't any secret resales last time, but the year before it was very successful (tho like all these systems how quickly you react to the alert is a very important part).

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

secret resales.

There wasn't any secret resales last time, but the year before it was very successful (tho like all these systems how quickly you react to the alert is a very important part).

Yeah very true, have to be ready to jump on as soon as you get an alert. 

3 hours ago, Havors said:

Sounds brilliant to be honest. You  can do it yourself with plug ins but its a pain in the arse. 

The problem with plugins is that you have to leave your browser open and running the whole time. Nice thing with checkpage is that it's online 24/7 so that you don't have to be

Just about getting to grips with the crushing disappointment of not getting a ticket when we visit Padstow.  Who do we see busking on the quay - Andy Marshall (a regular at crooners corner near Bellas bridge).  That set me back weeks.

This group is the only place where you can tell that story and people will understand.

Edited by bellboy

2 hours ago, bellboy said:

Just about getting to grips with the crushing disappointment of not getting a ticket when we visit Padstow.  Who do we see busking on the quay - Andy Marshall (a regular at crooners corner near Bellas bridge).  That set me back weeks.

This group is the only place where you can tell that story and people will understand.

Haha yes, no one else really understands this feeling when you try to explain it.

Just put my details into the resale spreadsheet - thank you again to whoever created it!

I have LOADDS of gigs in the next 6 months but can't decide if that makes me feel better about missing out on Glastonbury tickets or not. I have a fear that attending gigs will make it even harder knowing I'm not going!

Edited by DareToDibble

Best of luck to all who are in the resale.

We managed to get tickets this year but in 2017 had to wait until the resale and got them pretty quickly.it made up for going through the winter devastated thinking about missing out. Those who aren’t true lovers of the festival don’t understand how awful that feeling is. Even during this fallow year we missed it so much we drove all the way down to pilton and walked the site, passed the pyramid skeleton, over bellas bridge , and up to the stone circle. Met a few others doing the same.  

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:03 PM, Fishman said:

It's usually towards the end of April. This year Easter is late (Sunday 21st), so it won't be that weekend. 

Probably coach on  Thursday 25th & Main on Sunday 28th April.

#AHTT

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html

The London Marathon is on 28th...there's 35,000 who won't be online.

• Upvote 1