13 hours ago, Ken19 said:

For everyone who was hoping a little while ago that Tame Impala would play RW & the other big festivals this summer. Their show at coachella is the proove why Herman S & other promotors wait for summer 2020. 

It is not because of that. It's because Coachella is in April and they needed a replacement for Justin Timberlake last November. In 2015 they also played at Coachella and only played Let It Happen and Cause I am a Man from Currents. Their album will be out before the summer maybe during Primavera. They will not headline more than 15 festivals and not have an album by then. Also the production was totally different from what I have seen at Mad Cool. Only a few songs had the same visuals.

14 hours ago, birchtree29 said:

It is not because of that. It's because Coachella is in April and they needed a replacement for Justin Timberlake last November. In 2015 they also played at Coachella and only played Let It Happen and Cause I am a Man from Currents. Their album will be out before the summer maybe during Primavera. They will not headline more than 15 festivals and not have an album by then. Also the production was totally different from what I have seen at Mad Cool. Only a few songs had the same visuals.

RW had the option to book them. But in their feeling it was better to wait until 2020. When their setlist is based on the new album. Just as in 2016.

I just gave the explanation why they didn’t book them this year. They did the same with Fleet Foxes.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ken19 said:

In this case... how longer it takes to get some news, the more effort they put into it to make something of it.

I'm hoping atleast one guitar heavy band that can spice up that day a little, doesn't matter if it's slope, tent or mainstage. Curious about what the different possibilities are and Happy that Rock Werchter acknowledge that something has to change.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 7:50 PM, Ken19 said:

For everyone who was hoping a little while ago that Tame Impala would play RW & the other big festivals this summer. Their show at coachella is the proove why Herman S & other promotors wait for summer 2020. 

I hope this might also be the case with Vampire Weekend, Foals, Liam Gallagher etc when their new material drops later this year....

Do you actually know if The Strokes are going to return to Europe in 2020 (doesn't have to be Rock Werchter in particular) when they're also releasing new material?

So how's it going guys?

I'm going to Glastonbury instead of Rock Werchter this year, but I used to be on the 2017 & 2018 forums alot for RW.

What's people's opinions on this years Rock Werchter line up?