4 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Which campsite do most go for? The Hive or unofficial?

4 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Bearing in mind we are mid to late 30s and want to be able to sleep at night and read a book over a quiet beer in the morning.....

30s as weel, I recommend The Hive (I've been to The Hive Resort- My Space tent or something like this, I know that something has changed from 2016 but basically the offers are the same)

1 minute ago, alan_ts said:

30s as weel, I recommend The Hive (I've been to The Hive Resort- My Space tent or something like this, I know that something has changed from 2016 but basically the offers are the same)

What are the showers like? Read somewhere that it is a 3 hour queue! Also does that use your tokens? How far is it to the site from Hive and will there be space to pitch up a small tent Thursday afternoon?

55 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Thanks, I have a lot of questions if you have time! Our flight is with Ryan Air and gets in at 10am on Thursday. Is this too late or ideal? Would you get a train from the airport to Leuven and then a shuttle? What is it like finding a camping space if arriving Thursday afternoon? Did that at Glastonbury and NOWHERE to camp.

I didn't camp in a long time and always arrived on Wednesday. You will find a place to camp as tickets to the Hive aren't unlimited and there are people that camp for a night. Also it looks like this edition will be far from sold out so that will help you out too. I don't know which airport Ryanair landing but Zaventem is about 15 minutes train ride to Leuven while the other one is more of a hassle. 

Just now, e2p2 said:

I didn't camp in a long time and always arrived on Wednesday. You will find a place to camp as tickets to the Hive aren't unlimited and there are people that camp for a night. Also it looks like this edition will be far from sold out so that will help you out too. I don't know which airport Ryanair landing but Zaventem is about 15 minutes train ride to Leuven while the other one is more of a hassle. 

It is 'the other one!' Is it a direct train or an expensive taxi job?

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

What are the showers like? Read somewhere that it is a 3 hour queue! Also does that use your tokens? How far is it to the site from Hive and will there be space to pitch up a small tent Thursday afternoon?

https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/camping/the-hive-my-space/the-hive-my-space-packages have a look to these options, you can book a space for your tent in this area. I think showers are included in the resort package, obviously huge queues in the morning but less queues later. 

Anyway you pick a number for the shower so you can wait elsewhere waiting your number on a screen. 

Edited by alan_ts

2 minutes ago, alan_ts said:

https://www.rockwerchter.be/en/camping/the-hive-my-space/the-hive-my-space-packages have a look to these options, you can book a space for your tent in this area. I think showers are included in the resort package, obviously huge queues in the morning but less queues later. 

This looks great thanks, tempted by the 95 euro package as only 35 more and includes showers. Although are these showers the same that you would get in standard hive? Do you know if these spaces are nearer the festival? Also what is the benefit of the a1 campsite?

3 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

This looks great thanks, tempted by the 95 euro package as only 35 more and includes showers. Although are these showers the same that you would get in standard hive? Do you know if these spaces are nearer the festival? Also what is the benefit of the a1 campsite?

The Hive Resort is separated from The Hive and Regural. About 15/20 mins from festival site. 

37 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

If you fly to Charleroi (Brussels south airport) :
Take a shuttle bus from airport to Charleroi station.
Take the trains Charleroi to Brussels and from Brussels to Leuven. Your RW ticket includes a free train ticket to and back RW. (warning: if your train pass the Brussels airport station/Zaventem you have to pay the extra Diabolo fee. If not, it is all free).
Take the free shuttle from Leuven to the festival.

All depends from the time you arrive and the time of the trains. But it will take at least 2 hours if you are lucky with the bus/train schedules imo.

A taxi would be expensive as Brussels South airport/Chareroi is about 50kms from Brussels.

1 hour ago, Chrisp1986 said:

9 minutes ago, micvet said:

Take the trains Charleroi to Brussels and from Brussels to Leuven. Your RW ticket includes a free train ticket to and back RW. (warning: if your train pass the Brussels airport station/Zaventem you have to pay the extra Diabolo fee. If not, it is all free).

All depends from the time you arrive and the time of the trains. But it will take at least 2 hours if you are lucky with the bus/train schedules imo.

A taxi would be expensive as Brussels South airport/Chareroi is about 50kms from Brussels.

Have a look also to https://www.flibco.com/en#/booking for the buses.

edit: forgot about free trains sorry

Edited by alan_ts

48 minutes ago, micvet said:

thanks, Wife is saying we should get 7am flight back on the Monday and pay for a taxi, how much would this be? There is also a flight at around 8pm back on Monday but more expensive. Which is the better option? Is it a nightmare to get back to airport?

14 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

thanks, Wife is saying we should get 7am flight back on the Monday and pay for a taxi, how much would this be? There is also a flight at around 8pm back on Monday but more expensive. Which is the better option? Is it a nightmare to get back to airport?

I'd say Monday 8pm. What's the price difference? 

5 minutes ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Another 40 quid each

Mmm not just a little. 

Have you checked Eurostar Brussel-London? 

Flights early in the morning is quite impossible or too expensive to reach the airport imo. 

12 hours ago, Muppetmark said:

Given that placebo is now a strong rumour for glastonbury, i wonder if theyre the band RW have gone for 

That would make the festival for me, but not sure where they'd fit them on Thursday though. Maybe between Pink and Bastille, if Bastille haven't been promised a second spot..

thanks very much to all the replys regarding my questions re this festival .

all so helpful .

I have noticed that on the website , there's a "no trolley" rule .  

is this actually enforced ? . usually take one to avoid multiple car trips . seems a very odd rule .

12 hours ago, Chrisp1986 said:

Is the current thinking Elbow will clash with Pink?

Usually, if Pink will play a regular 90 minutes set as a sole headliner without a party act afterwards, she'll clash with the KluB C headliner. If she'll have a longer set, the start of her show will clash with the end of the Barn headliner show. 

22 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

In the Barn before Elbow?

I would expect Placebo to be to big for Barn? I would love to see them there, but they played Main Stage before Metallica last time they visited Werchter. They haven't released much since so maybe, but it would be a (positive) surprise. 

4 minutes ago, tmolvik said:

I would expect Placebo to be to big for Barn? I would love to see them there, but they played Main Stage before Metallica last time they visited Werchter. They haven't released much since so maybe, but it would be a (positive) surprise. 

They became smaller in Belgium since then.

My guess is sadly Editors.

5 hours ago, e2p2 said:

Usually, if Pink will play a regular 90 minutes set as a sole headliner without a party act afterwards, she'll clash with the KluB C headliner. If she'll have a longer set, the start of her show will clash with the end of the Barn headliner show. 

She has a longer set