another question from the newbie. 

we would normally take a wee stove to cook breakie at festivals.

But this it seems is forbidden .

it says there are hot plates/ hot water etc for campers at the Hub . Is there usually a crowd scene at these in the morning ? 

just looking to boil a few eggs / hot water for coffee etc 

15 hours ago, Dyceloon said:

another question from the newbie. 

we would normally take a wee stove to cook breakie at festivals.

But this it seems is forbidden .

it says there are hot plates/ hot water etc for campers at the Hub . Is there usually a crowd scene at these in the morning ? 

just looking to boil a few eggs / hot water for coffee etc 

I take it you are on the Hive.

They have a few manned units, usually near the toilets/shower areas. Here they have about 4 small cooking "areas".  So can get busy but you take your chance. There's a hotplate and a small area to put your ingredients and pans. They will help you with rubbish and cleaning up. They also have catering size water boilers, we always take a big thermos with us and just fill it and take it back to the tent.

As for a stove it's a no-no. 

7 hours ago, Scarnic said:

I take it you are on the Hive.

They have a few manned units, usually near the toilets/shower areas. Here they have about 4 small cooking "areas".  So can get busy but you take your chance. There's a hotplate and a small area to put your ingredients and pans. They will help you with rubbish and cleaning up. They also have catering size water boilers, we always take a big thermos with us and just fill it and take it back to the tent.

As for a stove it's a no-no. 

Thanks Scarnic. And good shout on the flask . def adding to the packing list .   

5 hours ago, Glitterbug said:

We are 2 friends coming from UK. Are there any meet up groups anyone knows of where we can meet up with people who come on their own or other small groups. We are very sociable and like to make new friends :)

I think Jimmerz95 was involved in whatsapp groups at previous additions?

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

Anyone?

I didn't stay in the pre-pitched tents in MySpace, just the regular MySpace where you have the plot of land reserved. So to answer one of your questions, it was a quiet campsite in terms of the people in it (I didn't see any rowdiness), but it's quite close to the nightclub shed/arena thing so there was noise from that till the small hours.

Edited by djd4
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Glitterbug said:

We are 2 friends coming from UK. Are there any meet up groups anyone knows of where we can meet up with people who come on their own or other small groups. We are very sociable and like to make new friends :)

3 hours ago, lemons said:

I think Jimmerz95 was involved in whatsapp groups at previous additions?

I was involved in a successful thread 2 years ago & some of us met up last year too :) . Might even see some of them when we go to Glasto this year!

I'm not going this year but I'd recommend doing a "Loners camp" thread for Rock Werchter. I wish you good luck and hope you make some new friends!

17 hours ago, djd4 said:

I didn't stay in the pre-pitched tents in MySpace, just the regular MySpace where you have the plot of land reserved. So to answer one of your questions, it was a quiet campsite in terms of the people in it (I didn't see any rowdiness), but it's quite close to the nightclub shed/arena thing so there was noise from that till the small hours.

15 hours ago, Jimmerz95 said:

Did Hive Resort. It was great but many £££

Thanks for the responses I did just normal hive camping last year but didn't wanna lug tents etc with me this year. What's the shower situation also , it's free so is it easier to do rather than the hive one you pay for 

Edited by lightsnowpatrol

3 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

What's the shower situation also , it's free so is it easier to do rather than the hive one you pay for 

It's free, you take your number and wait for the queue. In the early afternoon could be about half an hour or more. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, lightsnowpatrol said:

One more question sorry everyone, is hive myspace the same queue as the hive. 

In 2016 The Hive and The Hive Resort was separated. 

Now something is changed but a friend that go every year told me that the two areas are still divided.

Pretty sure I had to pay a token for the shower in MySpace.

It's the same general Hive entrance, then when you're where the big cafe and nightclub shed is you veer to the right for MySpace (at least it was that way last year), while the Hive was straight on.

Just to be clear though, there is The Hive, The Hive MySpace, and The Hive Resort. I'm assuming you're talking about the second one.

Edited by djd4

2 minutes ago, djd4 said:

Pretty sure I had to pay a token for the shower in MySpace.

It's the same general Hive entrance, then when you're where the big cafe and nightclub shed is you veer to the right for MySpace (at least it was that way last year), while the Hive was straight on.

Just to be clear though, there is The Hive, The Hive MySpace, and The Hive Resort. I'm assuming you're talking about the second one.

Yh I have the hive myspace two man pre pitched tent

What is The Hive My Space?

Do you prefer a little more guaranteed personal space? Book your very own piece of campsite. The Hive My Space packages come in different sizes, with or without pre-pitched tent.

The Hive My Space, part of The Hive, is located along the Werchtersesteenweg in Haacht (zone A).

Ok I was wrong. In 2016 Myspace was part of The Hive Resort.

As there are a lot of non Belgium or Dutch people on this forum, how are you all getting to Werchter?

Just interested to hear any long journeys and maybe there are chances we are all travelling in groups!

I am travelling with a group of 2 cars on the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge overnight.

1 hour ago, Scarnic said:

As there are a lot of non Belgium or Dutch people on this forum, how are you all getting to Werchter?

Just interested to hear any long journeys and maybe there are chances we are all travelling in groups!

I am travelling with a group of 2 cars on the ferry from Hull to Zeebrugge overnight.

I'm flying to Eindhoven. It was almost free from Belgrade. 90€ for 2 return tickets with a 40kg bag. Then we'll figure out the rest. I guess trains

22 hours ago, Nicklord said:

I'm flying to Eindhoven. It was almost free from Belgrade. 90€ for 2 return tickets with a 40kg bag. Then we'll figure out the rest. I guess trains

I would check that route beforehand. There is no train station at Eindhoven Airport, so it might be quite a trip getting to Werchter by public transport. Google says it's 5 hours.

https://www.google.nl/maps/dir/Eindhoven,+Airport,+Eindhoven/Hoofdinkom+Rock+Werchter,+Haachtsesteenweg+13%2F9,+3118+Rotselaar,+België/@51.2389065,4.3903888,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x47c6db9922fcb05f:0xd87c7e921951f6a0!2m2!1d5.3910103!2d51.4573477!1m5!1m1!1s0x47c15f7969e1c975:0x9c73dfdcd9e0704c!2m2!1d4.6869484!2d50.9695967!3e3

Edited by Judithmt
typo

On 5/16/2019 at 12:52 PM, Glitterbug said:

On 5/25/2019 at 12:19 PM, Judithmt said:

On 5/25/2019 at 12:19 PM, Judithmt said:

I think it will be less then 5 hours, but still it's a good idea to check how to get to Werchter. From Eindhoven Airport you can take a bus (there's a shuttle service if I'm not mistaken) to Eindhoven trainstation. From there it's about 2,5 hours to get to Leuven Trainstation where you can take the shuttle service to the Festival Campings.