TRNSMT Lineup 2019

Just now, Threestripes said:

I hope your right and he’s pulling everyone’s wire...

Cant see it though sadly.

You've just gotta think about it logically (look at some of my previous replies). It's gonna be at least two of that caliber especially after they pulled LG, AM and The Killers out of the bag. People are being very pessimistic and wanting TRNSMT to become this generic festival that T became. I am almost confident it'll be someone of The Strokes or Tame Impala's stature headlining if not someone similar rather than your basic Catfish and Ezra's.

1 minute ago, The_farrell said:

You've just gotta think about it logically (look at some of my previous replies). It's gonna be at least two of that caliber especially after they pulled LG, AM and The Killers out of the bag. People are being very pessimistic and wanting TRNSMT to become this generic festival that T became. I am almost confident it'll be someone of The Strokes or Tame Impala's stature headlining if not someone similar rather than your basic Catfish and Ezra's.

This lad mezhyp1 seems to be itk chief I can see it being very bland boring headliners.

I feel sorry for the young team who actually think these kinds of acts are good headlininers for a festival after seeing some of the headliners at titp since day dot.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, The_farrell said:

Saying you want people to expect bigger acts then hitting out with Tame Impala is laughable. Catfish & Ezra would both sell so much more. 

1 hour ago, The_farrell said:

Tbf though, a lot of people with 'information' are claiming Gerry Cinnamon this, Gerry Cinnamon that. Having my doubts about a lot of the theories, still nobody convincing me that it isn't my initial 3 of: The Strokes, Tame Impala and Foals. All i have had is replies from people saying 'Foals are an afternoon band', 'Catfish will sell more tickets than Strokes' and 'Tame Impala can't headline'. Can't trust people 'in the know' when they don't have their facts right at all. 

Foals are playing SWG3 in June, Tame Impala would never headline. The Strokes are pretty unlikely and even then they could get cheaper bands that would sell more.

1 hour ago, The_farrell said:

Tbf though, a lot of people with 'information' are claiming Gerry Cinnamon this, Gerry Cinnamon that. Having my doubts about a lot of the theories, still nobody convincing me that it isn't my initial 3 of: The Strokes, Tame Impala and Foals. All i have had is replies from people saying 'Foals are an afternoon band', 'Catfish will sell more tickets than Strokes' and 'Tame Impala can't headline'. Can't trust people 'in the know' when they don't have their facts right at all. 

I can. The Strokes/The Voidz are playing shows in Spain on every day this festival is taking place. 

• Like 1

All bands mentioned on this page aren’t headlining, apart from Catfish. There is nothing wrong with setting expectations low: it’s a music festival in Scotland that only attracts about 40k folk. DF are quite content booking the likes of Ezra if it means good ticket sales. I don’t think there is a single festival in the world where the headliners are really grabbing my attention. 

Edited by wishyboz6

29 minutes ago, Shootenanny! said:

Wasn't Tame Impala's biggest Glasgow gig at the Barrowlands? Compared to Catfish at Bellahouston Park and George Ezra at the Hydro. Both far bigger acts in Scotland regardless of how big they are elsewhere.

The barrowlands gig was a few years ago though (when Gerry Cinnamon was still an open mic host), not saying they could headline but after Coachella and a new album who knows. Music fans are quite fickle, George Ezra was half forgotten about until he had a hit song last year and now he's suddenly a headline act. Maybe the Catfish album will be a disappointment and they'll start to lose some fans (see Royal Blood).

Edited by addicted2noise

2 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Foals are playing SWG3 in June, Tame Impala would never headline. The Strokes are pretty unlikely and even then they could get cheaper bands that would sell more.

You do realise Foals are releasing two albums this year? The reason they are playing 'Smaller' venues is because they'll be doing a winter arena tour for when part 2 comes out in Autumn? Tame Impala could headline, I can't see why not off the back of Cochella and other European festivals, what would be stopping them? And Not necessarily true in regards to The Strokes, the only reason these bands are currently selling out arenas is because the prices are so low.

I am not saying i don't like Catfish and George, i literally have tickets to see them both this year. But, Foals, Strokes and Tame Impala all get way more monthly listens than Catfish for instance and therefore have a bigger audience. The only reason people think catfish have a larger one is because they've toured more recently doesn't mean their fan base is bigger.

2 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

I can. The Strokes/The Voidz are playing shows in Spain on every day this festival is taking place. 

TRNSMT is a 3 Day festival, even if they play one of the days in Spain, its not exactly difficult for them to Fly over. The only reason it will say they are playing everyday right now is because they won't have a specific date set for that festival in Spain.

Edited by The_farrell

2 minutes ago, The_farrell said:

You do realise Foals are releasing two albums this year? The reason they are playing 'Smaller' venues is because they'll be doing a winter arena tour? Tame Impala could headline, I can't see why not off the back of Cochella and other European festivals, what would be stopping them? And Not necessarily true in regards to The Strokes, the only reason these bands are currently selling out arenas is because the prices are so low.

I am not saying i don't like Catfish and George, i literally have tickets to see them both this year. But, Foals, Strokes and Tame Impala all get way more monthly listens than Catfish for instance and therefore have a bigger audience. The only reason people think catfish have a larger one is because they've toured more recently doesn't mean their fan base is bigger.

TRNSMT is a 3 Day festival, even if they play one of the days in Spain, its not exactly difficult for them to Fly over. The only reason it will say they are playing everyday right now is because they won't have a specific date set for that festival in Spain.

Yes I am aware, my point wasn't the size of the venue it was the fact they're playing Glasgow in June so they're obv not gonna play TRNSMT the next month lol. 

I'd be shocked if Tame Impala could even sell out the Hydro to be honest. Monthly listeners on Spotify isn't a good metric as they're worldwide? They are bigger in America for sure but what difference does that make for TRNSMT?

29 minutes ago, The_farrell said:

Not sure if I fully understand what you are saying, but The Voidz/The Strokes are doing Doctor Music on Saturday and Sunday. This means they will play Thursday and Friday Bilbao. So they are ruled out for sure.

But like APE, they could've been one of the headliners this year.

The Strokes aren’t playing either. 

Was surprised when Stereophonics were announced as a headliner in 2018: I didn’t think they were headline material these days but that, for me, is the standard Trnsmt has set. 

George Ezra is headlining IOW, a similar sort of festival. He’s definitely got the pull to headline festivals Trnsmt’s size and tickets would sell well with a decent undercard. 

If KOL have been ruled out then I’m lost for who the other headliner could be. Having a look at other festivals but most of their headliners are highly unrealistic or already been ruled out. 

34 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Was surprised when Stereophonics were announced as a headliner in 2018: I didn’t think they were headline material these days but that, for me, is the standard Trnsmt has set. 

George Ezra is headlining IOW, a similar sort of festival. He’s definitely got the pull to headline festivals Trnsmt’s size and tickets would sell well with a decent undercard. 

If KOL have been ruled out then I’m lost for who the other headliner could be. Having a look at other festivals but most of their headliners are highly unrealistic or already been ruled out.

Hopefully trnsmt have the balls to book Fatboy Slim like IOW then.

45 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Tbh it was 5 days last year but they also had AM and the killers which are bigger.

I think the last headliner could be a surprise.

2 hours ago, The_farrell said:

I’m saying they’re playing each of the days in Spain. 2 bands (Strokes & Voidz), 2 festivals (BBK Bilbao and Doctor Music) is 4 days covered unless Julian chooses to play with both bands on the same day and even then, playing TRNSMT would mean 5 shows in 3 days, won’t happen. 

41 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Stereophonics shift tickets here so they weren't a hugely catastrophic choice. I don't think they'd have headlined if it were a three day festival, but they when they went with the five days, I don't think it would have been a difficult choice to bump them up.

Correct