TRNSMT Lineup 2019

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

You know Catfish sell easily as many tickets at this point as all 3 of them don't you.

I don't reckon they'd sell as many tickets as Tame Impala or The Strokes, they are proper heavy weight bands and get way more listens per month with streaming etc. Catfish only really shift the amount of tickets because they are much cheaper so can attract more people.

The only one they're just as big as is Foals. Foals have headline Leeds/Reading before that's why i would put them above Catfish.

Just now, The_farrell said:

Are Royal Blood seriously headline material? That'd be such a downgrade on last year after TRNSMT have being trying to hype themselves as a major festival with AM, LG etc

No but most things have been ruled out and for me they are one of the only options left. They may be an exclusive but haven’t seen much to suggest so contrary to what people have said. I have ran out of options. 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

George Ezra

Royal Blood

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Thats where I’m at...

If RB was one I think Mez would be making a point one may be alright

Just now, The_farrell said:

I don't reckon they'd sell as many tickets as Tame Impala or The Strokes, they are proper heavy weight bands and get way more listens per month with streaming etc. Catfish only really shift the amount of tickets because they are much cheaper so can attract more people.

The only one they're just as big as is Foals. Foals have headline Leeds/Reading before that's why i would put them above Catfish.

Been around a lot longer. That's good keeping it cheap, don't over inflate prices just because it's the done thing, we shouldn't be paying £45/50/60 maybe to see a band in an arena.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

If RB was one I think Mez would be making a point one may be alright

Been around a lot longer. That's good keeping it cheap, don't over inflate prices just because it's the done thing, we shouldn't be paying £45/50/60 maybe to see a band in an arena.

Exactly, been around a lot longer and therefore have a bigger audience, whats your point? I am not saying Catfish having there prices low is a bad thing, i am just saying that's the main reason they sell more tickets quicker. Wouldnt you rather have a 'more expensive' band playing TRNSMT tho and get more value for money like the AM day was last year when they were selling tickets at nearly £80 in arenas

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

No but most things have been ruled out and for me they are one of the only options left. They may be an exclusive but haven’t seen much to suggest so contrary to what people have said. I have ran out of options. 

Exactly tho, that's another point they're not gonna all of a sudden decide they aren't UK exclusives anymore, probs be a way bigger band then Royal Blood, lets be honest if they can pull Arctic Monkeys and Killers out of the bag last year, surely they'll come good again this year?

59 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

I can buy both Ezra and Catfish as major headliners at this point tbh. Especially Ezra who shifted a huge number of tickets in not much time at all. There's no reason to think he can't do well at something like this.

Robbie Williams could shift tickets doesn’t mean he’s a good shout for a festival headliner 

1 hour ago, The_farrell said:

Exactly, been around a lot longer and therefore have a bigger audience, whats your point? I am not saying Catfish having there prices low is a bad thing, i am just saying that's the main reason they sell more tickets quicker. Wouldnt you rather have a 'more expensive' band playing TRNSMT tho and get more value for money like the AM day was last year when they were selling tickets at nearly £80 in arenas

No, the AM day was shit imo. £80 for that was a joke in my eyes.

Furthermore, paying more for a bigger band isn't of interest to me, paying what I believe is good value for what I like is.

• Downvote 2