TRNSMT Lineup 2019

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

No, the AM day was shit imo. £80 for that was a joke in my eyes.

Furthermore, paying more for a bigger band isn't of interest to me, paying what I believe is good value for what I like is.

£80 was for the tour. The £65 I paid for the Monkeys day was terrific value for money... Monkeys, one of there best gigs, Interpol were class. Atmosphere from Blossoms, Miles Kane and Declan McKenna was good. Fantastic value for money within my opinion. The £80 for arena was a good show though a little hefty.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

£80 was for the tour. The £65 I paid for the Monkeys day was terrific value for money... Monkeys, one of there best gigs, Interpol were class. Atmosphere from Blossoms, Miles Kane and Declan McKenna was good. Fantastic value for money within my opinion. The £80 for arena was a good show though a little hefty.

If you don't really like Interpol, Blossoms, Miles or Declan then it's pointless and not a chance on that album run. Saw them at Glastonbury last time on the AM tour...there is no need to discuss which was the better deal.

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

No, the AM day was shit imo. £80 for that was a joke in my eyes.

Furthermore, paying more for a bigger band isn't of interest to me, paying what I believe is good value for what I like is.

Did me and you go to the same festival? The AM day was easily the day with the most atmosphere like there is no arguing about it and for £65 for the day with all the other bands on show it was a steal. Normally you would pay £80 for AM, £40 for Interpol, £30 for Blossoms and £20 each for MK and Declan. You are getting value for your money. 

If you don't have interest in Big bands why are you even in this Forum? Like, that's what TRNSMT is? Just go to a smaller festival if you don't like it?

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I paid similar to see them twice in Newcastle back in September. But then again, I paid about £150 to see them in London for the AM tour. Just love them that much I guess ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_farrell said:

Did me and you go to the same festival? The AM day was easily the day with the most atmosphere like there is no arguing about it and for £65 for the day with all the other bands on show it was a steal. Normally you would pay £80 for AM, £40 for Interpol, £30 for Blossoms and £20 each for MK and Declan. You are getting value for your money. 

If you don't have interest in Big bands why are you even in this Forum? Like, that's what TRNSMT is? Just go to a smaller festival if you don't like it?

That's not what I said at all.

Just now, thewayiam said:

No one is denying that, they are expected to sub and tbf out of all that could be booked to headliner and get away with one Snow Patrol would probably be it.

@Mezhyp1 said they weren't which is very odd. Snow Patrol would headline though...

15 hours ago, The_farrell said:

Surely the ideal and quite likely headliners would be The Strokes, Foals and Tame Impala. And acts like Catfish, Gerry Cinnamon etc being below them in the pecking order

The Strokes are a name but not something that would get people excited. 

Foals are an early afternoon act at best. Play at SWG3 in Glasgow which says it all, only really a draw in London.

Tame Impala on just after Foals.

Gerry and Catfish would are headliners in Scotland.

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, iforaneye said:

Foals are an early afternoon act at best. Play at SWG3 in Glasgow which says it all, only really a draw in London.

Foals co-headlined Reading & Leeds, think that means they are a bit bigger than that. 

1 hour ago, iforaneye said:

The Strokes are a name but not something that would get people excited. 

Gerry and Catfish would are headliners in Scotland.

I have to disagree with you. Foals have headlined Reading/Leeds fest only a couple of years ago, are headlining a lot of a festivals around europe and to say they are an early afternoon band at all. 

The Strokes are one of the biggest indie bands of all time, that's like saying nobody would get excited for the Killers anymore like last year etc.

As for Tame Impala that's not true either, Given that they headline literally any festival they are nowadays.

Catfish have only just become an arena band (a mistake imo, as they probably will lose their atmosphere). And Gerry Cinnamon is still only a support act really and given his popularity in Scotland would still probably be second on the bill at most. 

Early afternoon act. :lol:

I don't buy them as headliners at all. They'd be an excellent sub for any festival though and I can't see them below that.

And while Tame Impala are headlining in other places, what have they headlined in the UK? Other places simply don't matter.

EDIT: I could see Gerry Cinnamon as low as third from the top actually, but subbing would be more of a ticket seller I think, which is why I think that's the spot he'd get. Although I could be wrong and he might shift a shitload anyways.

Edited by DomDom1984