TRNSMT Lineup 2019

22 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

George Ezra is undeniably very popular with TRNSMT's key target audience. The backlash at Neighbourhood is probs cause they went very heavy the first year on a very specific type of act which they wouldn't be able to replicate the next year clearly. You're understating the ticket shifting power of George Ezra because you don't like him and vice versa with The Strokes

i 100% deny that george ezra is popular with trnsmt's target audience, if trnsmts target audience are fans of Arctic Monkeys, liam gallagher, courteeners, gerry cinammon, Miles Kane, Blossoms, tom grennan etc as was booked last year. i cant see what you would really class as "parka monkeys" being fans of george ezra. this isnt based on personal preference, this is based on ticket sales from other events, the general reaction to line ups etc.

Those aren't the only people who TRNSMT target as has been made obvious by the previous years, and won't be the only ones next year either. If they were, we wouldn't be talking about the likes of Snow Patrol either, and Flo wouldn't have been such a heavy favourite.

The Catfish day will be a big seller for that crowd and then they'll go for a wider audience with the others. Ezra is more than suitable for this festival. There's nothing to suggest otherwise.

28 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

i 100% deny that george ezra is popular with trnsmt's target audience, if trnsmts target audience are fans of Arctic Monkeys, liam gallagher, courteeners, gerry cinammon, Miles Kane, Blossoms, tom grennan etc as was booked last year. i cant see what you would really class as "parka monkeys" being fans of george ezra. this isnt based on personal preference, this is based on ticket sales from other events, the general reaction to line ups etc.

You're 100% wrong then. George Ezra played the festival two years ago lol. You're listing acts from 2 of the 5 days last year, you're incredibly biased by the fact you clearly dislike him (I'm no fan either but it's obvious he will shift tickets)

38 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

Thats 2 of 5 days, where I bet most the people that went to one, also went to the other.

4 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Those aren't the only people who TRNSMT target as has been made obvious by the previous years, and won't be the only ones next year either. If they were, we wouldn't be talking about the likes of Snow Patrol either, and Flo wouldn't have been such a heavy favourite.

The Catfish day will be a big seller for that crowd and then they'll go for a wider audience with the others. Ezra is more than suitable for this festival. There's nothing to suggest otherwise.

ill be fair, if ezra headlined the Friday it wouldn't really be an issue, i feel like the friday has been towards a bit of a different crowd than the rest of the festival the past 2 years. looking at it the main acts last year (headliners and subs in LG, AM and Courteeners) were targeted at that crowd and all acts i named in the previous post were all Saturday and Sunday. Interpol, who weren't targeted at that crowd but still subbed, had a noticable smaller attendance than the rest. so think they would do well to put certain acts on seperate days.

i agree that catfish are a good fit for trnsmt, and i reckon they are set in stone to be there and could probably headline. 

3 minutes ago, maxdillon7 said:

george ezra and catfish is basically boardmasters lineup from last year.

just feels like a step down towards b-list festival headliners from acts like kasabian and monkeys who have recently played glasto and reading 

the undercard is gonna have to be sublime 

I will be disappointed if thats the headliners.

24 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

You're 100% wrong then. George Ezra played the festival two years ago lol. You're listing acts from 2 of the 5 days last year, you're incredibly biased by the fact you clearly dislike him (I'm no fan either but it's obvious he will shift tickets)

yeah but he was 3rd down not headliner, huge difference, also with the second weekend of acts last year it made it a lot easier to target other audiences with those dates as they were essentially stand alone days with there being a Saturday gap in between. a lot of people who went to the first weekend wouldn't of attended the second, evident by the poor ticket sales people have mentioned queen had on this thread. 

with this year reverting back to a 3 day festival you would think they would target who sells the most tickets, which last year was the saturday and sunday of the full weekend. ( The Saturday and Sunday also sold more tickets than the friday the year before) .

i really am not being bias, im just seeing clear patterns here.

So are TRNSMT getting stick here for actually taking a chance on new headliners now?

Catfish have already shown they can sell a lot of tickets in Glasgow. Talking about other festivals and moaning about past headliners is, once again, irrelevant. Catfish and Ezra have shown that they at the very least have the tools to make the step up. A couple of festivals are now taking the punt on Ezra, and that's because unlike this time last year, he's had an extensive arena tour that sold out in minutes.

Interpol aren't much of a major festival band at all tbh. They'd be out of place on ANY bill. They're not really comparable on this discussion either.

2 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

yeah but he was 3rd down not headliner, huge difference, also with the second weekend of acts last year it made it a lot easier to target other audiences with those dates as they were essentially stand alone days with there being a Saturday gap in between. a lot of people who went to the first weekend wouldn't of attended the second, evident by the poor ticket sales people have mentioned queen had on this thread. 

with this year reverting back to a 3 day festival you would think they would target who sells the most tickets, which last year was the saturday and sunday of the full weekend. ( The Saturday and Sunday also sold more tickets than the friday the year before) .

Well, the last part of the first paragraph was nonsense, since The Killers was very busy. I was quite a bit back and I was still completely surrounded. Queen didn't too to well because they're not really a TRNSMT band, and many of those who'd want to see them had the chance not long before. So, once again, you're making points that don't actually exist. Oh, and The Killers aren't exactly a "parka" band either.

8 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

I don't think you can decide the target audience for this festival after two years, with totally different acts playing across both years. 

It'll be interesting when Calvin Harris gets announced

6 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

Yeah he was  third down and since then he has had a second album which has done very well, and I am assuming his Hydro date is selling well. To make the argument that he isn't the demographic of the festival when he's played one of the two TRNSMTs to ever happen is just dumb.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I will be gutted if he plays Saturday and the other two are around him. I like the guy, know he will shift tickets and be good for those whom like him but for me, that is not something I want to be paying for. 

i’m the same here, just not my cup of tea  tbh. never know though he might take in a decent undercard but i can’t think who.

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I will be gutted if he plays Saturday and the other two are around him. I like the guy, know he will shift tickets and be good for those whom like him but for me, that is not something I want to be paying for. 

i imagine it would make it a no go for a lot of people travelling any sort of distance, i usually get the train up and stay in a hotel. if he is on the saturday it means paying for an extra nights hotel and having to find something else to do in between days which isn't exactly very appealing. 

1 minute ago, rawzyj said:

i imagine it would make it a no go for a lot of people travelling any sort of distance, i usually get the train up and stay in a hotel. if he is on the saturday it means paying for an extra nights hotel and having to find something else to do in between days which isn't exactly very appealing. 

Exactly my point. I mean you could go do the Celtic and Rangers tour and maybe look at the shops within Edinburgh and Glasgow though your right, ma give it a miss if Ezra is playing and its the Saturday...