TRNSMT Lineup 2019

8 hours ago, Chiefski said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Paolo Nutini makes a return, and even to headline. He's overdue a return. Something like

Catfish and The Bottlemen / Twenty One Pilot / Gerry Cinnamon / DMAs

Flo and the Machine / Paolo Nutini / James

George Ezra / Bastille / Keane / The Fratellis

Weak, but hey, most are this year

Florence is doing hype park on the Saturday

8 hours ago, judyblue110 said:

I have also been in the right about things in the past but I wouldn't trust a damn word I say. Keep in mind when I say I've been right about things in the past that I'm completely lying because this is the Internet. 

The Who will announce UK dates on Monday but Scotland won't be among them. Hyde Park will. TRNSMT will announce The Who within the following two weeks. 

Sorry I wasn’t meaning to sound like that. Do you know WHO else will be there? 

4 minutes ago, eastynh said:

My friend has moved back home to Greenock. Am looking for any excuse to go up and visit him. Both big New Order fans. they are doing festivals this year. Are chance of them turning up at this festival as a sub?

They're not at Trnsmt, but I don't think it's impossible they'll show up in Scotland. 

I asked about them playing here in the summer a month or so ago and got a slightly muted response. Might be worth keeping an eye on just incase they pop up somewhere. 

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They're not at Trnsmt, but I don't think it's impossible they'll show up in Scotland. 

I asked about them playing here in the summer a month or so ago and got a slightly muted response. Might be worth keeping an eye on just incase they pop up somewhere. 

Would be a name for Electric Fields I reckon

Primal Scream as the potential Scottish name?

Edited by Chiefski

15 minutes ago, Chiefski said:

Would be a name for Electric Fields I reckon

Primal Scream as the potential Scottish name?

If they're playing it'd need to be 3rd down, as they're not sub. So I think they probably just aren't playing. 

There's loads of nights at Edinburgh SS this year, 7 or 8 maybe, can't remember exactly. 

17 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If they're playing it'd need to be 3rd down, as they're not sub. So I think they probably just aren't playing. 

There's loads of nights at Edinburgh SS this year, 7 or 8 maybe, can't remember exactly. 

Is that the ones with the Human League mate? Quickly glanced at a series of Scottish gigs yesterday.

2 hours ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

If bands like Snow Patrol and Catfish aren't your thing and you want to see The Who then maybe TRNSMT isn't for you?

I think the majority would prefer to see The Who rather than snow patrol.

Is it ok with you if I doss about cocktail cocktail if the bands on the main stage would put you to sleep ???

47 minutes ago, stanh said:

I'm not being funny, but could Drake actually do it? he usually does Glasgow or a more northern arena and the most north he's got is Manch, could a TRNSMT headline be on the cards? sure its not what everyone on here wants, but it could surely be an option and would probably sell well too considering the majority of the tour has sold out already despite tickets being an average of £140

Id imagine hed do a standalone gig on the same site like how Bruno Mars did if he were doing glasgow green. 

4 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Yeah thought the same position wise. Would say for your Scottish top two act that's Gerry, Paolo or Snow Patrol. 

Princess street gigs for Edinburgh? Knew there was a lot of opposition to it last year

4 hours ago, Chiefski said:

Princess street gigs for Edinburgh? Knew there was a lot of opposition to it last year

It was just handled so badly. The dates were far too spread out which meant having the Gardens shut off at certain points, those massive blackout boards which were hideous & various people stating different plans about what to do with those boards without consulting one another first. If it was just one weekend & there was nothing horrendous blocking the view of the Castle then it would've been fine. The other events like Fly Open Air happen with no complaints at all so it's entirely doable. 

44 minutes ago, gordo1701 said:

It was just handled so badly. The dates were far too spread out which meant having the Gardens shut off at certain points, those massive blackout boards which were hideous & various people stating different plans about what to do with those boards without consulting one another first. If it was just one weekend & there was nothing horrendous blocking the view of the Castle then it would've been fine. The other events like Fly Open Air happen with no complaints at all so it's entirely doable. 

Was there not complaints from tattoo spectators about noise pollution too?

11 hours ago, Chiefski said:

Was there not complaints from tattoo spectators about noise pollution too?

Yeah, there were complaints about the Rag'n'Bone Man set but then everything has had complaints though. Glasgow Summer Sessions & the concerts at Kelvingrove Bandstand. It mainly needs better management, has the potential to be a great festival though. 

On 1/26/2019 at 9:55 AM, Mezhyp1 said:

Could see them doing something like the Galvanisers yard like LCD did last year