TRNSMT Lineup 2019

Biffy are also one of the biggest bands in Scotland (their albums always chart higher in Scotland), like, I think you underestimate the draw power, irrespective of whether or not they headlined before. Also, by the by, the 2017 show was pretty packed, I remember there actually being a bit of a crowd crush too because the festival can't crowd manage for shit and allowed punters to continue pushing their way to the front even once the band started, making it literally impossible to stand upright.

I remember slipping into the pit because getting elbowed was better than constantly being nearly pulled over because there was no room to stand. Thanks, TRNSMT.

46 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

Biffy Clyro headlined in 2017. I know it was two years ago, but I think they’ll also be trying to get away from merry go rounding headliners. Also, it was pretty dead when they headlined if I recall correctly. 

They'd already played twice on that tour, with sold out shows at Summer Sessions and the Hydro. So naturally there wasn't going to be as much interest in them. If they have new music this time, then there'd be an improvement on that. I'd guess that they'll do it next year if not this year.

2 hours ago, Queen_of_rabbits said:

I remember slipping into the pit because getting elbowed was better than constantly being nearly pulled over because there was no room to stand. Thanks, TRNSMT.

I wasn't there but I was at TRNSMT during the Killers & someone told me they had to be taken out of the crowd as she ended up having a panic attack. Sounds awful

Looking at other acts around at the time, wouldn't be surprised if some of the following appear, providing they haven't been ruled out, not for headliners of course, just over the day

Tame Impala

New Order

Underworld

Greets Van Fleet

Christine and The Queens

Macklemore

Years and years

Bastille

Elbow

Weezer

The Vaccines

Jungle