TRNSMT Lineup 2019

Gerry Cinnamon won't headline, but he'll have a prominent spot. No lower than third from the top, and most likely subbing. And his day would sell out no matter who else is on it. People over estimate how many day tickets go on sale. I don't think he'd have been far off the target on his recent run of Glasgow shows. It's mostly weekend tickets at this point, with more day tickets going on sale when they've not sold enough.

Whether he'd sell out at that point is another thing entirely.

Edited by DomDom1984

40 minutes ago, Threestripes said:

How shite is though to have Gerry Cinnamon headlining Scotland’s supposedly top festival.

A utter cringe 

if he would headline anywhere it would be trnsmt, lets be realistic its his hometown, i think he would definitely sell out and would be pushed as the "hometown boys big show" he also pulls more people than you think elsewhere, i went to the courteeners show in liverpool and the place was completely full in time for gerry coming out. seemed to be the same at every show in the uk.

Edited by rawzyj

Anyone saying Gerry Cinnamon headlining wouldn’t sell out is at it. Tickets to see him for the pat 2 years have went like gold dust, and the crowd he gathered at Trnsmt last year is the biggest I think I’ve ever seen for a non-headliner. With an undercard of bands like DMA’s or folk like Miles Kane tickets would go pronto. 

7 minutes ago, rawzyj said:

im just praying for the strokes, they have a number of dates announced in europe with nothing in the uk and only trnsmt and glastonbury have announcements left, i know mez ruled them out but i can hope... 

They're busy in Spain that weekend I'm afraid. Julian playing 4 days with the Strokes and Voidz in Bilbao and at Doctor Music.

1 hour ago, wishyboz6 said:

@Mezhyp1 has already ruled out Gerry Cinnamon and The Who. 

Don’t get your hopes up for anything special by the sounds of things. 

They ruled Cinnamon out as a headliner, and I'd rule out Cinnamon as a headliner due to how much material he has, but they could easily get away with giving him a shorter than usual sub slot.

1 hour ago, wishyboz6 said:

Anyone saying Gerry Cinnamon headlining wouldn’t sell out is at it. Tickets to see him for the pat 2 years have went like gold dust, and the crowd he gathered at Trnsmt last year is the biggest I think I’ve ever seen for a non-headliner. With an undercard of bands like DMA’s or folk like Miles Kane tickets would go pronto. 

I find his stuff pretty derivative (Sometimes is basically Can't Stand Me Now with different lyrics) but it's easy to relate to it so they are now lots and lots of  people who will only listen him, Oasis and maybe one or two other bands.

Edited by addicted2noise

The TRNSMT grounds have a bit of a higher capacity than somewhere like the Barrows though. The Twilight Sad's last two "hometown" shows sold out in less than ten mins, doesn't mean I expect them to headline anything major. (By the by, Summer Sessions pulled a darn blinder with that Cure line up, between that and FFs, it's hard to imagine TRNSMT being as memorable this year)

26 minutes ago, Queen_of_rabbits said:

The TRNSMT grounds have a bit of a higher capacity than somewhere like the Barrows though. The Twilight Sad's last two "hometown" shows sold out in less than ten mins, doesn't mean I expect them to headline anything major. (By the by, Summer Sessions pulled a darn blinder with that Cure line up, between that and FFs, it's hard to imagine TRNSMT being as memorable this year)

It's not just one Barras show though, is it? It's multiple Academy and Barras shows in a short period of time, and a lot of the people going on the sold out decent sized UK tour will probably be Scottish as well.

It's obvious the guy sells an absolute shitload of tickets up here, and his day at TRNSMT, should it happen, would be one of the most successful that the festival has had.

That’s Noel Gallagher out the equation as he’s just announced a show in Inverness which is disappointing. Now I have to go with Biffy Clyro, Catfish & The Bottlemen and Florence and The Machine / George Ezra (co-headlining or a special guest slot from Ezra). Imagine the line-up announcement will be tonight.

47 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I'm not sure which one you're referring to but both bands are playing at both festivals I mentioned, covering 4 days across the weekend (Thurs-Sun).

ahh i missed that, apologies, at least i can set my expectations instead of being disappointed with the line up.

28 minutes ago, howgooditwas said:

That’s Noel Gallagher out the equation as he’s just announced a show in Inverness which is disappointing. Now I have to go with Biffy Clyro, Catfish & The Bottlemen and Florence and The Machine / George Ezra (co-headlining or a special guest slot from Ezra). Imagine the line-up announcement will be tonight.

seriously hope ezra isnt near the headline slot, he was announced as a headliner for neighbourhood weekender and they got a terrible response, the festival sold out in a day last year and now tickets are still available this year almost 3 months after the line up announcement, he is also being outsold by richard ashcroft on the sunday. sub at an absolute push if they want decent ticket sales.

So, just to save everyone trawling back, and the fact I’m bored out my tottie, @Mezhyp1 hasn’t ruled out the following that have been suggested as headliners:

George Ezra, Florence and the Machine, KOL, Kasabian, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Snow Patrol, RHCP, Bring Me the Horizon, Twenty One Pilots. 

I’m hoping for Catfish, Kasabian and KOL but having looked at other festivals around the globe, I can see it being Catfish, Florence and the Machine and George Ezra. 

19 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

So, just to save everyone trawling back, and the fact I’m bored out my tottie, @Mezhyp1 hasn’t ruled out the following that have been suggested as headliners:

George Ezra, Florence and the Machine, KOL, Kasabian, Catfish and the Bottlemen, Snow Patrol, RHCP, Bring Me the Horizon, Twenty One Pilots. 

I’m hoping for Catfish, Kasabian and KOL but having looked at other festivals around the globe, I can see it being Catfish, Florence and the Machine and George Ezra. 

Suddenly, I think I'd rather it if Gerry Cinnamon was headlining...

That's some pretty bare barrel choices, other than Twenty One Pilots and maybe Florence...