TRNSMT Lineup 2019

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Crazy how people still have such an appetite to find out the headliners for this, when we’re throwing around names that are peeled off the bottom of the barrel.

Is that not the whole point of the forum? Two years ago there was a 1000 page thread on the Glasto headliners of Muse, Adele and Coldplay lol.

11 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Is that not the whole point of the forum? Two years ago there was a 1000 page thread on the Glasto headliners of Muse, Adele and Coldplay lol.

Yeah of course. I just mean, if the only person here who seems to know was repeatedly reiterating that preferred acts aren’t there and it’s gonna be pretty crap, I’d be more chilled about the whole thing. :lol:

Was thinking of who headlined before and the remit of what TRNSMT was meant to be about. 

TITP was in the end set-up to go with a younger crowd.

Trnsmt was set up to try and get back to quality bands which would bring back custom that TITP lost.

Just thinking TRNSMT won’t announce the biggest band of the weekend until they announce their own tour.

Im just getting a feeling Coldplay are going to announce something for this year and they will be one of the headliners for TRNSMT. 

Daft Punk would be my wish but don’t think they will ever tour again.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah of course. I just mean, if the only person here who seems to know was repeatedly reiterating that preferred acts aren’t there and it’s gonna be pretty crap, I’d be more chilled about the whole thing. :lol:

Yeah I get your point, like when people suggest The Who etc they're just asking to be dissapointed. But even with the amount the guy has ruled out there's no confirmed 3. Also just cause you have no intention of going doesn't mean other people aren't interested/ excited.

1 hour ago, Jaxter74 said:

Was thinking of who headlined before and the remit of what TRNSMT was meant to be about. 

TITP was in the end set-up to go with a younger crowd.

Trnsmt was set up to try and get back to quality bands which would bring back custom that TITP lost.

Just thinking TRNSMT won’t announce the biggest band of the weekend until they announce their own tour.

Im just getting a feeling Coldplay are going to announce something for this year and they will be one of the headliners for TRNSMT. 

Daft Punk would be my wish but don’t think they will ever tour again.

You really need to lower your expectations. Bottom of the barrell acts we’ll get as headliners. Catfish are a prime example. They are definitely headlining. Put what @Mezhyp1 has said plus their lack of Scottish dates this year and you can work that one out. The other two is anyone’s guess. I was actually being quite optomistic with KOL and Kasabian as the other headliners but the likelihood is the other two will not even be as good as them. 

13 minutes ago, wishyboz6 said:

You really need to lower your expectations. Bottom of the barrell acts we’ll get as headliners. Catfish are a prime example. They are definitely headlining. Put what @Mezhyp1 has said plus their lack of Scottish dates this year and you can work that one out. The other two is anyone’s guess. I was actually being quite optomistic with KOL and Kasabian as the other headliners but the likelihood is the other two will not even be as good as them. 

Is aid Catfish, FATM and Ezra

Hi all 

Long time festival goer (TITP/TRNSMT), 1st time poster. 

Could be a pretty underwhelming year for TRNSMT going with other festivals already announced. With acts around, I'm going for; 

Noel/Ashcroft/James/DMAS/Miles Kane 

Catfish/Ezra/Vaccines/Gerry Cinnamon/The Snuts 

Biffy/Twin Atlantic/Tom Grennan/Lewis Capaldi

1 hour ago, wishyboz6 said:

Has to be one big headliner surely. Seeing as DF already announced Foo Fighters,1975 & the cure for the summer sessions.

15 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I thought then, could DF give a punt on Bring Me The Horizon as headliners?

Catfish

Bring Me The Horizon 

Snow Patrol

Think BMTH have said that APE is the one of the only places to catch them in the UK next year. I assume their only headline performance, and may mean they'll appear somewhere at Glastonbury

On 1/24/2019 at 9:50 AM, didinowanttohearthat said:

If you hope for bands like that you're only gonna end up disappointed. Also if you want to see them so bad they play the Hydro like every year.

Queen played last year...

Most bands play the hydro my point was I’d prefer to go watch them than the shite that’s been passed about.

1 hour ago, The-Heartbreak-Kid said:

Rumours? 

Someone ITK has told me it's Muse on the Sunday. 

Very underwhelmed by all 3 of the headliners to be honest.

Muse aren't playing 3 nights in a row in all of their world tour and they're playing in Milan Friday and Saturday. You don't need someone ITK to tell you they're not playing. 

9 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Muse aren't playing 3 nights in a row in all of their world tour and they're playing in Milan Friday and Saturday. You don't need someone ITK to tell you they're not playing. 

Do you know the sub, third down of each day accompanying the headliners?

I wouldn't be surprised if Paolo Nutini makes a return, and even to headline. He's overdue a return. Something like

Catfish and The Bottlemen / Twenty One Pilot / Gerry Cinnamon / DMAs

Flo and the Machine / Paolo Nutini / James

George Ezra / Bastille / Keane / The Fratellis

Weak, but hey, most are this year

Edited by Chiefski

11 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

He has been right about things within the past. He said they might be at Latitude and definetely APE. I’ve been told he is reliable so I’ve trusted people that have told me.

I have also been in the right about things in the past but I wouldn't trust a damn word I say. Keep in mind when I say I've been right about things in the past that I'm completely lying because this is the Internet. 

The Who will announce UK dates on Monday but Scotland won't be among them. Hyde Park will. TRNSMT will announce The Who within the following two weeks.