Lineup 2020

randlfan

Not a fan of LG headlining but that is what it is. Rage headlining has me buzzing and Stormzy should be decent too. Fever been there, one of the best live acts I’ve ever seen. Looking forward to seeing who else catches my eye tomorrow but with Fever and Rage there especially they’ve already done a freakin’ amazing job this year. 

FR have done well with the headliners but that's a disapointing set of other names (and I love rap and grime etc)

D Block, Aitch, AJ Tracey and M Huncho were all there last year as was Slowthai which I'm not complaining about. 

Could it be they went hard with the headliners so the rest of the pack is weaker?

Went to have dinner, game and watch some Twitch for a while, and coming back onto this forum, it still doesn't quite seem real. Rage Against The Machine man, unbelievable. 

In all seriousness, I'm shocked Bring Me The Horizon aren't there, I'm believing that fully. They've done very few shows in the UK for the amo era, and this felt like it could have been a real curtain closer. Gotta feel for them a bit, if Rage hadn't have reunited, you feel it absolutely would have been them headlining.

Very strong trio of headliners. Stormzy's glasto set looked great on tv and now his 2nd album is out he has even more bangers to pull from. Rage will kill it no doubt and LG does what he does. His Sheffield show a few months back was really enjoyable!

Edited by sameimpala

2 minutes ago, Lawsie said:

FR have done well with the headliners but that's a disapointing set of other names (and I love rap and grime etc)

D Block, Aitch, AJ Tracey and M Huncho were all there last year as was Slowthai which I'm not complaining about. 

Could it be they went hard with the headliners so the rest of the pack is weaker?

Strikes me as the other acts mentioned are probably other stage headliners. Fever 333 and Gallows seem like pit headliners to me. AJ Tracey in the Radio one stage as Dan already said.

Agree with the sentiment that this is a great set of headliners. Stormzy is pretty much the biggest music artist in Britain right now and would be a great headline choice for any festival. Liam is Liam, he has an arsenal of classic songs that will draw in the crowds. And I think enough has been said about how good of a booking Rage are for one night so I'll save the superlatives.

A rap headliner, an Indie-ish headliner and a hard rock headliner. Like last year, something for everyone. Good job Festival Republic. Now onto tomorrow where we discover that the subs are AJ Tracey, The Courteeners and All Time Low and the rest of the Main Stage is full of artists who didn't release an album before 2015. :P 

Edited by VCK
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Went to have dinner, game and watch some Twitch for a while, and coming back onto this forum, it still doesn't quite seem real. Rage Against The Machine man, unbelievable. 

In all seriousness, I'm shocked Bring Me The Horizon aren't there, I'm believing that fully. They've done very few shows in the UK for the amo era, and this felt like it could have been a real curtain closer. Gotta feel for them a bit, if Rage hadn't have reunited, you feel it absolutely would have been them headlining.

Not headlined when they were a far stronger band + failed to even slightly sell out Victoria Park last year (tickets being literally given away in their hundreds) for all points east so would be a pretty poor headliner 

9 minutes ago, moonage505 said:

Bit worrying it doesn't mention any subs and Aitch, AJ Tracey etc are listed so could they be subs ?

Nah they won’t be. Feel Radio 1, dance or whatever the hell the stage is  now called with FEVER headlining the Pit (hopefully on LG day!)

1 minute ago, Properbigfan said:

Stormzy somehow feels abit meh. 

Prolly cause he’s touring but it’s saved me money, and if you get any rap / grime act he’s one of, if not the hottest act in that genre so it’s a safe and sensible booking IMO