Lineup 2020

randlfan

5 minutes ago, VCK said:

That explains.

Still, that would be like someone of the ilk of Biffy Clyro or Muse or any established headliner being shoehorned into a late afternoon slot this year!

I know they headlined Reading but they weren't ever Muse big before they split up, right? Check this out, one year later.

b1e4a0e9e8d34749c7ef3d24f79e51f9

Edited by dentalplan

Having only really started listening to Rage when all the hype started about 2 weeks ago I must admit they are brilliant 

think my 3 songs would be

1. Testify

2. Vietnow

3. Take the Power Back

Obviously Killing in the Name is a belter but 

9 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Hoping for the lineup to randomly drop tomorrow. I’m in an exam 9-11:30 then again from 12:30-3 so would be a nice surprise to come out of an exam to see a lineup. 

New Enter Shikari single tomorrow night, but before anyone starts speculating them to be back I have it on good authority they won’t be. (not that anyone expected them to be)

Good luck. (With the exams, not with getting an announcement)

15 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

I would say they were and are bigger than Muse! Christ even the side project 'Audioslave' were fucking huge!

They certainly never played large stadium tours. Not even sure they played arenas on a major scale 

Looking through the 3 major album tours pre break up their uk visits tended to stop by at brixton academy with one Wembley arena show on the last tour 

Edited by atomised

32 minutes ago, VCK said:

Still boggles my mind that Rage were only 4th down in 2000, when they could have probably headlined that year. Any older heads clue me in on this peculiarity?

Wasn't it because they were splitting up that year, wanted to play reading one last time?

7 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Rage are nowhere near as big as Muse. Muse sell stadiums out wherever they go, Rage couldn’t do that. 

you're right there

4 minutes ago, LeedsFest20 said:

As a teenager listening to RATM for the first few times this week due to all the rumours, if I’m honest don’t appeal to me so maybe they won’t be as popular to the younger audience but the crowd does look mental in videos.

this is exactly my point, yeah
i don't think many people my age are really that into ratm, it's more of a 90's thing. like they've got mad riffs but the rap and all that is just a bit...outdated. some of the songs didn't really age that well.

having said that, they're still fucking sick and i will go see them. i highly doubt anyone's gonna care about the music if they know the crowd's gonna be good and they'll be drunk/high

28 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

I would say they were and are bigger than Muse! Christ even the side project 'Audioslave' were fucking huge!

Woah

WOAH

STOP

Uh uh.

We were just becoming friends after our Jay & Silent Bob exchange. Don’t start spouting crazy talk like that and make me angry.

2 minutes ago, defender4 said:

this is exactly my point, yeah
i don't think many people my age are really that into ratm, it's more of a 90's thing. like they've got mad riffs but the rap and all that is just a bit...outdated. some of the songs didn't really age that well.

If the youngsters wanna listen to things like Aitch and LIL whatever, over a legendary guitarist like Tom Morello then something is seriously wrong in this world! 

3 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

If the youngsters wanna listen to things like Aitch and LIL whatever, over a legendary guitarist like Tom Morello then something is seriously wrong in this world! 

If the youngsters wanna listen to things like rage against the machine or nirvana, over a legendary songwriter like Bob Dylan then something is seriously wrong in this world!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, zak14 said:

If the youngsters wanna listen to things like rage against the machine or nirvana, over a legendary songwriter like Bob Dylan then something is seriously wrong in this world!

Listening to Bob Dylan is like pulling teeth! But i agree he writes good songs, just everyone covers them better lol

Edited by TornShaun