Lineup 2020

randlfan

17 minutes ago, VCK said:

I wonder how well RATM will go down with the younger crowd compared to 2008 when it seemed about 90% of the people at the festival went to see them. Every time an act who released their debut album before 2010 gets suggested on here, the consensus is "nah, the kids won't have heard of them." Will they have the same kind of pulling power among a crowd who probably aren't so familiar with most of their stuff apart from Killing In The Name?

I’m 18 and me and all my mates are dying for it

Rage will pull in a stack of day ticketers and generally won’t appeal to the teenagers who populate the festival. It won’t matter if they put someone like AJ Tracey Against Rage, that tent will be packed with the younger attendees and the Main Stage will be rammed full of older day and weekend ticket holders.

2 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Just wondering, has there ever been a ‘Reading and Leeds Festival Presents’ type show where they use the stage after the weekend for a separate set of gigs, like Slam Dunk’s ADTR shows?

Nah and they won’t start doing it now. Rage will play Reading & Leeds just like any other headliner. We aren’t looking at an AC/DC at Download 2010 situation. 

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Oh yeah it’ll definitely sell out, just wondering time frame. I am 100% relying on the ambassador scheme this year as I’ve got Glasto, Truck and Nass I’m paying off at the minute and the ambassador scheme hasn’t even opened yet. Hoping it’s not a proper early sell out.

What's the ambassador scheme?

2 hours ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Definitely one of the best albums of the 10’s, masterpiece

Really hope they do R&L next year, saw them in Blackpool in June and it was magic

Its about time they played again

Currently 50:50 on going ape following reports of how poor the sound was for The Strokes, even though I went on the BMTH day and it seemed fine 

52 minutes ago, VCK said:

I wonder how well RATM will go down with the younger crowd compared to 2008 when it seemed about 90% of the people at the festival went to see them. Every time an act who released their debut album before 2010 gets suggested on here, the consensus is "nah, the kids won't have heard of them." Will they have the same kind of pulling power among a crowd who probably aren't so familiar with most of their stuff apart from Killing In The Name?

I’m 17, all of my mates don’t give a damn, but if the tent headliners are shit then I’ll force them to see them.

I personally am not missing them and will just spend the evening with my family rather than my mates 

56 minutes ago, VCK said:

I reckon most kids will have at least heard of them but that probably will be it. Some will be curious and will start listening to them, or see them as a novelty, some will have already heard of them, and some of them inevitably couldn't care less. 

33 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

What's the ambassador scheme?

You get an account to sell tickets to people through personalised links and if you sell enough you get rewards. Last year they started it a lot earlier and I'd already bagged my ticket by now. They seem to have outsourced it to a larger company called Pollen now where you can do it for most fests in the UK. I believe there's a waiting list if you go to sign up but I got a text that fast tracked me onto it because I was a "top seller" last year apparently. It's very handy although they've said they're still working on getting a definitive date for R&L to start this year. Need it soon haha, already got loads of people waiting to buy off me to make sure I get my ticket lmao. Hopefully starts when the lineup comes out.

47 minutes ago, jumperofftheshelf said:

Just wondering, has there ever been a ‘Reading and Leeds Festival Presents’ type show where they use the stage after the weekend for a separate set of gigs, like Slam Dunk’s ADTR shows?

They probably struggle to get licensing in Reading as it is honestly given the location and the fact theres 90,000 ketted up 16 year olds.

11 minutes ago, BigBoyBridge said:

Im Hoping We Get:

Travis Scott+ BMTH - LG - RATM

Think that will please everybody

(would also love the band who shall not be named but i've already got a ticket and don't see it happening until next year)

Do you mean 

M

C

R