Lineup 2020

randlfan

44 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

Foals could sub Liam?

Don't see that happening, Foals have already co-headlined the festival. They aren't gonna take a sub slot, they are a bigger and better headliner than Liam.

I do think something is a little off with Gerry into Liam though. Surely he's too small to be second down? 

It feels like they booked Gerry Cinnamon far too quickly as soon as he started gaining hype, like tried to get him as soon as possible. 

Otherwise it would be a weak sub into a weakish headliner, reckon they'll jam someone in between Gerry and Liam.

2 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Don't see that happening, Foals have already co-headlined the festival. They aren't gonna take a sub slot, they are a bigger and better headliner than Liam.

I do think something is a little off with Gerry into Liam though. Surely he's too small to be second down? 

It feels like they booked Gerry Cinnamon far too quickly as soon as he started gaining hype, like tried to get him as soon as possible. 

Otherwise it would be a weak sub into a weakish headliner, reckon they'll jam someone in between Gerry and Liam.

Foals are subbing Liam at TRNSMT so they could do it without turning so many heads although i do believe they're major festival headliners and don't understand why they're now accepting lower slots, i wouldn't mind having Rocky from that Sziget lineup play underneath Liam though

1 minute ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Foals are subbing Liam at TRNSMT so they could do it without turning so many heads although i do believe they're major festival headliners and don't understand why they're now accepting lower slots, i wouldn't mind having Rocky from that Sziget lineup play underneath Liam though

Yeah. They keep accepting either lower slots, or headlining smaller festivals. Mark my word, they aren't gonna sub after co-headlining in 2016, especially being the bigger co-headliner.

6 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I think they could maybe be 4th main 

I was thinking they go in there, but I can’t see All Time Low playing 5th idk

I also think Lewis will be billed  as a special guest like 2 door and play a. Lower slot maybe after D Blocj Europ

and I agree I think we could see Skepta into LG still 

Just now, Gerard the Fab said:

I was thinking they go in there, but I can’t see All Time Low playing 5th idk

I also think Lewis will be billed  as a special guest like 2 door and play a. Lower slot maybe after D Blocj Europ

and I agree I think we could see Skepta into LG still 

Nah I could defo see all time low being 5th they’ve fallen down recently

7 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Reasoning behind this?

Because he pulled out 2 years ago, and I can’t see him playing anywhere else across the weekend

4 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

I don’t think so. I think Skepta but hoping for foals

yh the only way we get Yannis and the gang now is through a secret set so unlikely

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Because he pulled out 2 years ago, and I can’t see him playing anywhere else across the weekend

Not much to say he's coming this year though. Skepta into Liam seems really odd to me, not much overlap of fans?

2 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

He is huge and is doing massive shows already this year, he is more than big enough to sub.

He'd be considered a "weak" sub. Liam is riding the wave of Oasis, so having Gerry subbing Liam would be pretty underwhelming.

Just now, Miyn said:

Yeah, wierd. But my main point is that they have previously headlined. It just wouldn't make sense for them to come back 4 years after they had played that high on the bill then to sub.

They’ve also been headlining much smaller festivals. As much as I like them I think they have now become sub size. They’re just not as relevant with the crowd

8 minutes ago, Miyn said:

He'd be considered a "weak" sub. Liam is riding the wave of Oasis, so having Gerry subbing Liam would be pretty underwhelming.

He shifts tickets like crazy. Just because he has had a quick rise, doesn't mean he's a weak sub. He fits in fine as a sub, just look at the tour he's doing at the start of summer. And I agree that Liam might be a slightly weak headliner but him and Gerry will still sell a fuck tonne of tickets because they're both absolutely huge rn, and it might not be the most appealing day to some people but it honestly doesn't look any weaker than a lot of the days they've put on the last few years.

Also, regarding Foals, I definitely don't think they're currently headline level. They dropped to smaller festivals last year and at This is Tomorrow in Newcastle they sold about half as many tickets as Noel Gallagher or Stereophonics. I feel like they weren't the strongest headliner (or coheadliner) back in 2016 and they haven't really remained at headliner status for Reading, especially with subbing TRNSMT this year. If they were to sub, they wouldn't look out of place.