Lineup 2020

randlfan

18 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Courteeners are not big enough to headline or co-headline Reading, I hope 

But it is the next step, I hope they don’t I think subbing fits them, and it gives more space for more exciting acts but we shall see 

18 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

But it is the next step, I hope they don’t I think subbing fits them, and it gives more space for more exciting acts but we shall see 

Not every band has a next step. Courteeners have been around for ages and people still only know the two songs

1 minute ago, Hardeevan said:

What are the parklife crowds like compared to Leeds (or reading but haven't been) concerning pits and general scenes

Everyone stands still off their nut nodding their heads to a DJ dropping their remix of "Right Here Right Now - Fatboy Slim"

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Brandohoff said:

To be fair the courteeners just pushed EMINEM all the way for number 1 album, there were ahead right through the week. They’ve clearly grown their fan base over the last few years. 

Or no one gives the slightest of fucks about new music from Eminem anymore. 

One song in the Top 50 UK Spotify streams despite a new LP and singing about the Manchester bombing to get a bit of free PR. Indeed if it wasnt for that would people even know he had a record out?? Courteeners would probably have had a number 1 LP!

Edit - 2 actually. prob one due as much to Juice Wrld though!

Just checked and even Stereophonics have managed one recently!!! How do they measure this stuff? Luddites who still actually buy CDs, looking at the list, as the likes of Westlife, Coldplay and Robbie Williams are all up there and no one actually listens to that do they?

Other recent luminaries who also wouldnt headline Reading this year include -

Sam Fender

Lewis Capaldi

Dave

Paloma Faith

Elbow

Edited by Benj

12 minutes ago, Benj said:

Or no one gives the slightest of fucks about new music from Eminem anymore. 

One song in the Top 50 UK Spotify streams despite a new LP and singing about the Manchester bombing to get a bit of free PR. Indeed if it wasnt for that would people even know he had a record out?? Courteeners would probably have had a number 1 LP!

Edit - 2 actually. prob one due as much to Juice Wrld though!

Just checked and even Stereophonics have managed one recently!!! How do they measure this stuff? Luddites who still actually buy CDs, looking at the list, as the likes of Westlife, Coldplay and Robbie Williams are all up there and no one actually listens to that do they?

Other recent luminaries who also wouldnt headline Reading this year include -

Sam Fender

Lewis Capaldi

Dave

Paloma Faith

Elbow

There are definitely people who care about Eminem's new music. People thought he was done after The Eminem Show which was 2002 ffs, but look at Recovery in 2011; the best selling rap album of the decade. I know that was nine years ago but he's still more relevant than most of the generic shite US rap produces

• Upvote 2

People stopped buying CDs post 2011. Sales is no measure at all to relevance, indeed, selling CDs etc...is a sign you're past it as much as anything.

That said, I'll admit he is obviously still a bigdraw and far more relevant than many acts born in that period. The Courteeners however are not though, they have less monthly Spotify listeners today than Wolf Alice, a band who have not released a record in 18 months.

And 33% less followers. Courteeners are not really even big enough to sub, yet alone co-head...

Edited by Benj
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Benj said:

People stopped buying CDs post 2011. Sales is no measure at all to relevance, indeed, selling CDs etc...is a sign you're past it as much as anything.

That said, I'll admit he is obviously still a bigdraw and far more relevant than many acts born in that period. The Courteeners however are not though, they have less monthly Spotify listeners today than Wolf Alice, a band who have not released a record in 18 months.

And 33% less followers. Courteeners are not really even big enough to sub, yet alone co-head...

Definitely big enough to sub don't kid yourself. Shit, unpopular down south, past their sell by date - yes, but definitely big enough to sub. I think having LG should make us safe from Courteeners possibly altogether this year - if not certainly from a bump up.

• Upvote 1