Lineup 2020

randlfan

8 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Slam Dunk announcement! While She Sleeps! Does this make them more likely or less likely for Reading? Any others on that lineup might make it over too?

0305F834-E583-4BD2-B882-137C6A7A06AB.jpeg

Sum 41 main stage, could see them pit headliner maybe 

Don BROCO R1 headliner 

26 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Don BROCO R1 headliner 

If any of the big acts play R&L they won’t usually be announced until after/around slam dunk time to do with the contracts they sign and sell more slam dunk tickets. Personally can’t see SUM 41 coming back after early summer shows. Don Broco and WSS both possible as they’re bother British. 

51 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Slam Dunk announcement! While She Sleeps! Does this make them more likely or less likely for Reading? Any others on that lineup might make it over too?

0305F834-E583-4BD2-B882-137C6A7A06AB.jpeg

Can see State Champs appearing on the bill to be honest, but I can't see Sum 41, Don Broco, Billy Talent or The Used appearing this year, cool as that would be. 

Pure speculation here. Pulling together loads of bits of info.

Lots going around that MCR restructured all their plans for this coming summer and pulled out of a lot of festivals. Coachella, Mad Cool, Rock Werchter etc in favour of doing their own solo headlining shows.

R&L’s lineup has been heavily delayed this year. Mad Cool are taking forever to announce their final headliner. Wonder if all of this is somewhat connected.

Sounds daft. What if R&L did try for MCR and didn’t get them. Would be the same fate that supposedly many other festivals have gone through.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pure speculation here. Pulling together loads of bits of info.

Lots going around that MCR restructured all their plans for this coming summer and pulled out of a lot of festivals. Coachella, Mad Cool, Rock Werchter etc in favour of doing their own solo headlining shows.

R&L’s lineup has been heavily delayed this year. Mad Cool are taking forever to announce their final headliner. Wonder if all of this is somewhat connected.

Sounds daft. What if R&L did try for MCR and didn’t get them. Would be the same fate that supposedly many other festivals have gone through.

Got to be all connected, rumours there's a falling out with Live nation regarding RATM & Coachella.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Even more tin foil.

Liam Gallagher headlining both Lattitude and R&L in the same year can’t be intentional. Maybe Liam was drafted in to replace the slot left vacant for MCR?

I reckon he completely botched the whole announcement tbh. We all know what he's like on twitter, i take everything he posts with a pinch of salt. I'd love to know how R&L reacted to that aha.

1 minute ago, lukecork said:

I reckon he completely botched the whole announcement tbh. We all know what he's like on twitter, i take everything he posts with a pinch of salt. I'd love to know how R&L reacted to that aha.

Hmm I think it’s weird that he’s at both events. It can’t of been intentional to do that unless it was a last minute thing.

I think Liam is a replacement for someone at R&L. Yes he is a replacement that will sell tickets but him being booked for both Lattitude and reading can’t be the original idea.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm I think it’s weird that he’s at both events. It can’t of been intentional to do that unless it was a last minute thing.

I think Liam is a replacement for someone at R&L. Yes he is a replacement that will sell tickets but him being booked for both Lattitude and reading can’t be the original idea.

He must of been a very early replacement then? He announced it around November. I wonder if he was told about the situation and he assumed the line up had been announced if he was the last headliner in.

Just now, lukecork said:

He must of been a very early replacement then? He announced it around November. I wonder if he was told about the situation and he assumed the line up had been announced if he was the last headliner in.

Reading does typically sort it’s headliners out pretty early though. Usually we get announcements in October / November?

What if he got the news from his manager that day and tweeted about it. Could of let the cat out of the bag immediately after signing the dotted line... knowing him 😂

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Don BROCO R1 headliner 

Take this with the pinchiest pinch of salt, but Sum 41 headlined download’s secondary stage a few years back when I saw them, and it’s not like they’ve gotten any bigger in the last 3 years, could definitely see them billed but not necessarily on the main stage 

57 minutes ago, foolee said:

If any of the big acts play R&L they won’t usually be announced until after/around slam dunk time to do with the contracts they sign and sell more slam dunk tickets. Personally can’t see SUM 41 coming back after early summer shows. Don Broco and WSS both possible as they’re bother British. 

Sum 41 havent done a proper UK tour for new album yet so I assume they'll announce that the Monday after Slam Dunk, they wont be at R+L.

Bury Tomorrow headlining the Pit, WSS on main stage methinks.

10 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Sum 41 havent done a proper UK tour for new album yet so I assume they'll announce that the Monday after Slam Dunk, they wont be at R+L.

Bury Tomorrow headlining the Pit, WSS on main stage methinks.

I'd take those two! Bury Tomorrow on the Saturday against LG would be good for me!

59 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Even more tin foil.

Liam Gallagher headlining both Lattitude and R&L in the same year can’t be intentional. Maybe Liam was drafted in to replace the slot left vacant for MCR?

It doesnt explain why they haven’t released the rest of the lineup if they drafted in their replacement back in November

It is bizarre that blink 182 while touring enama of the state (20 year anniversary) last year in America promised the uk would get their shows next year and still nothing has been announced 🤔 

this could point to a blink headline slot with a then uk tour around September which is usually what happens with R&L headliners, I’ve noticed a lot of people have said stormzy has a uk tour booked that would also point to a R&L appearance 

with Kendal announced later on today we will finally see if biffy are set for bigger festivals or the smaller ones I.e Kendal, Ynot, tramlines 

bearing this in mind probably could be looking at 

Blink 182-Liam G-Stormzy

but we’ve also heard that BMTH have said they are pencilled in (apparently) so maybe blink will drop down and sub just playing the album in full which opens up a co headline for a band artist or a right out headline for BMTH which we know R&L like to give to bands who have earnt them I.e 1975, 21P, Foals, Disclosure, 

Going off all that and seeing the trsmt line ups and everything being thrown about in here I’ll predict 

BMTH/Travis Scott       Liam G      Stormzy

Blink                                 Foals         TDCC

29 minutes ago, heartsink said:

😂😂 Liam g ain’t a replacement for anybody 

A lot of festivals share the same headliner have done for years 

also R&L haven’t delayed any announcements because they’ve had to replace somebody haha y’all need get a grip majority of the line up would have been booked last year 

You’re missing the point. Show me one year where Lattitude and reading have shared headliners.

They are run by the same organiser. It’s not something that happens all the time... if ever.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You’re missing the point. Show me one year where Lattitude and reading have shared headliners.

They are run by the same organiser. It’s not something that happens all the time... if ever.

I’m not sure I am really unfortunately it would seem you are “missing the point” 

liam g appeals to a wide range of audience so he’s comfortable and transitional enough with his show headlining to a crowd of latitude to then headline R&L, also with his Heaton park show selling out in a matter of mins the organisers know they will get masses of people jumping on his Leeds appearance hence why he’s got  the Sunday slot with it being bank hol 🤷🏼‍♂️

Edited by heartsink

15 minutes ago, heartsink said:

It is bizarre that blink 182 while touring enama of the state (20 year anniversary) last year in America promised the uk would get their shows next year and still nothing has been announced 🤔 

this could point to a blink headline slot with a then uk tour around September which is usually what happens with R&L headliners,

Yeah my money has been on Blink-182! Considering them saying they would tour the UK this year! I would definitely love to see them play ‘Enema of the State’ in full plus other songs after!   

Just now, heartsink said:

I’m not sure I am really unfortunately it would seem you are “missing the point” 

liam g appeals to a wide range of audience so he’s comfortable and transitional enough with his show headlining to a crowd of latitude to then headline R&L, also with his Heaton park show selling out in a matter of mins the organisers know they will get masses of people jumping on his Leeds appearance hence why he has the Sunday slot with it being bank hol 🤷🏼‍♂️

???

Can someone help me out here.

Lattitude and Reading have never shared headliners in the past because they are ran by the same company? You’re right they’ve probably booked Liam for both because he will sell tickets but that can’t have been their original idea. What kind of marketing strategy is that?

I’m going to organise a party that I need full attendance for, but I’m going to book a band to perform to sell the tickets. I’m also going to organise another party down the road with the same band. It is also vital that I sell out the first party.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

???

Can someone help me out here.

Lattitude and Reading have never shared headliners in the past because they are ran by the same company? You’re right they’ve probably booked Liam for both because he will sell tickets but that can’t have been their original idea. What kind of marketing strategy is that?

I’m going to organise a party that I need full attendance for, but I’m going to book a band to perform to sell the tickets. I’m also going to organise another party down the road with the same band. It is also vital that I sell out the first party.

The only saving grace R&L may have is the completely different demographic of the two.

It may put me off going to both as I usually do every yeah however I doubt this will be the case for a large number of people.

Does seem like a really strange thing for them to do though.