Download 2019

Steve1000

Just now, dannymichaels said:

I almost got hypothermia the last time Slipknot played. Hope the weather's better if they play.

Ha ha, I remember that night well. Ended up getting Mrs to book a prem inn in Derby for the Sunday. Soaked for 2 days

9 minutes ago, Moey said:

Seeing as the Barclaycard promo is for 48hours from tomorrow at 2pm, then we should get all 3 headliners over ties, weds, thurs this week. No?

That's how they usually do it, yeah.

33 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

I forgot that Kiss played on Resu this year, really doubt that they would be there 2 years in a row. So they're not the announcement. I'm really thinking of Slipknot but may be Tool or Rammstein as well

In addition to not being Rammstein, Tool supposedly play Vienna so they're not syncing the announcement for them either. Definitely looks like Slipknot.

I think the other two have to be Tool or Rammstein for Saturday and Def Leppard or KISS for Sunday now.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's how they usually do it, yeah.

In addition to not being Rammstein, Tool supposedly play Vienna so they're not syncing the announcement for them either. Definitely looks like Slipknot.

I think the other two have to be Tool or Rammstein for Saturday and Def Leppard or KISS for Sunday now.

What makes you think Slipknot are Friday? Is it because they’re being announced first? Because last year they started with Ozzy and worked backwards. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

What makes you think Slipknot are Friday? Is it because they’re being announced first? Because last year they started with Ozzy and worked backwards. 

Yeah I realised after that these festivals probably aren't all announcing Slipknot at the same time because Download want to announce Friday first. :P

38 minutes ago, MattysMilk said:

Man if it was Tool, Slipknot and Rammstein I would shit my pants but I think thats very unlikely lol

We'll hold you to that.

39 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Hopes of Rammstein kaput? :unsure:

Nah. They've said themselves that they're doing festivals in the summer. It does seem like they are skipping a lot of these likely festivals in Europe but on the mainland they have choice between different festival and even stadium shows, whereas it's Download or bust for the UK nowadays.

Hoping for: Architects, Amon Amarth, Vein, Jesus Piece, Code Orange, Black Peaks, Trivium, While She Sleeps, Trophy Eyes, Teenage Wrist, Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engage, Ghost, Crossfaith, The Menzingers, Joyce Manor, Basement, Rancid. Even if I just got any combination of 5 or so of these, I'd be happy. 

2 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Slipknot / Disturbed / Trivium 

You still think Disturbed are gonna sub? even with their tour the month before.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reece1617 said:

Hoping for: Architects, Amon Amarth, Vein, Jesus Piece, Code Orange, Black Peaks, Trivium, While She Sleeps, Trophy Eyes, Teenage Wrist, Arch Enemy, Killswitch Engage, Ghost, Crossfaith, The Menzingers, Joyce Manor, Basement, Rancid. Even if I just got any combination of 5 or so of these, I'd be happy. 

You still think Disturbed are gonna sub? even with their tour the month before.

They’re on that ‘leak’ for Grasspop so I figure why not. 

9 minutes ago, dannymichaels said:

"Smaller" bands you're hoping for? 

- Within Temptation

- Architects

- Trivium

- Halestorm

- Don Broco

- While She Sleeps

- Hollywood Undead

- Beartooth

- Arch Enemy

- Pendulum

- Crossfaith

- Ghost (unlikely but hey)

I don't think Ghost are unlikely to be honest. Don't see the reason for the not doing a UK tour being two dates with Metallica, especially as they're doing Europe with them to but still announced a European tour. They arent playing with Metallica over download weekend either.

Just now, RarerThanDandyB said:

I reckon Muse could be a curve ball. I have the feeling. Final prediction:

Muse

Def Leppard 

Slipknot

Can't see Muse being one but the other two, that wouldn't surprise me.  A Def Lep/Whitesnake Sunday