Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

11 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Gosh, I do hope for a bit of a shake-up. Doesn't need to be buckets either. Just five or six a night, and more random than simply rotating between A and B list options.

That said, I got the lone tour spot of Racing in the Street last year, so no complaints there. I'm missing Jungleland - and somehow, a full-band Thunder Road for the must-haves.

Racing in the Street missing for me. My all time most wanted tune is Meeting Across the River which I don't think is going to happen anytime soon. I'd love to just see a different kind of show. I don't think it's going to happen though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Gosh, I do hope for a bit of a shake-up. Doesn't need to be buckets either. Just five or six a night, and more random than simply rotating between A and B list options.

That said, I got the lone tour spot of Racing in the Street last year, so no complaints there. I'm missing Jungleland - and somehow, a full-band Thunder Road for the must-haves.

Jungleland is my must see, but unlikely one. Racing in the street would be good also 

18 minutes ago, OllieMadd said:

Well you'd be rude to deprive us, now..

1 We Take Care of Our Own
2 Lonesome Day
3 Cover Me
4 Outlaw Pete
5 Darkness on the Edge of Town
6 Growin’ Up
7 Trapped
8 If I Was the Priest
9 Blinded by the Light
10 Incident on 57th Street
11 New York City Serenade
12 Streets of Philadelphia
13 Brilliant Disguise
14 I’m On Fire
15 Lucky Town
16 Downbound Train
17 Point Blank
18 Tunnel of Love
19 Human Touch
20 The Ghost of Tom Joad

21 Jungleland
22 Radio Nowhere
23 Long Walk Home
24 Last to Die
25 Rockin’ All Over the World
26 I’m Goin’ Down
27 Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

• Upvote 1

Just read that a festival in the US calling Resonate Suwanne are delayed in their announcement including an artist shared with a certain Californian festival because of their clauses of exclusives and first to announce etc. And naturally Coachella has struggles with hiring artists this year as they radial clauses as well around where artists playing for their festival can and can't play elsewhere.

On 1/12/2024 at 9:28 AM, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah it is really expensive, but I kinda think, it's for charity, it's a great venue that they probably will never play again, also it likely clears up a major clash headache for me on the Friday of Glasto.

they actually don't seem to be about this summer - no dates out yet

they have toured a good few years running now, think they could be going away for a year or two

On 1/13/2024 at 3:20 PM, NorthernSoul52 said:

8 If I Was the Priest
9 Blinded by the Light
10 Incident on 57th Street
11 New York City Serenade
12 Streets of Philadelphia
13 Brilliant Disguise

23 Long Walk Home
24 Last to Die
25 Rockin’ All Over the World
26 I’m Goin’ Down
27 Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)

That run of 8-13 would be excellent. 23-24 was played the other way around on the Magic Tour and worked really well. 
Would love to be at a show with Incident & Rosie in the setlist, but still be a little gutted that they didn't segue together as on the record! 

2 hours ago, gfa said:

they actually don't seem to be about this summer - no dates out yet

they have toured a good few years running now, think they could be going away for a year or two

I guess so. I know there isn't anything suggesting they will do glasto. It just kinda feels right in my head, just optimism I think 😀

2 hours ago, Dark Star said:

That run of 8-13 would be excellent. 23-24 was played the other way around on the Magic Tour and worked really well. 
Would love to be at a show with Incident & Rosie in the setlist, but still be a little gutted that they didn't segue together as on the record! 

In having to pull from stuff I hadn't seen, felt I needed to have Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) in the encore. In another world, you'd want that sequential blast.

15 minutes ago, gfa said:

just planning to go away that Pendulum weekend ffs. will be incredible that

yeah that instantly grabbed my attention. £67 a pop according to the venue website however. might just wing it with the charity donation

16 minutes ago, gfa said:

just planning to go away that Pendulum weekend ffs. will be incredible that

Just now, finn_with_1_n said:

yeah that instantly grabbed my attention. £67 a pop according to the venue website however. might just wing it with the charity donation

Yeah I'm interested but £67 jeez

4 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Ah thats a lot to be fair. Great venue i've heard - yet to go yet

I'm still convinced Pulp will be making some sort of appearance. 

I asked a colleague high up in music industry and he said Pulp were definitely playing 2023 and I think he just got the year wrong!

Ignoring that, I just can't see them not coming back on their last tour. They have a significant history with the festival.

41 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

On the Pulp front though, will be fascinated to see where those dates go. I'd be shocked if they didn't have a few, though not anticipating anything massive either.

Well there's an argument that they did their main UK touring last year so aren't likely to be playing another dozen shows here, but equally, it's hard to imagine them touring and not playing at least one concert.