Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

4 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

I just don’t see the current govt caring enough for the arts … hopefully they suprise me or we get an early election before to many more venues go to the wall 

Given their track record it would be a surprise to see them get involved.

It's not a new announcement but that Monumental Festival is an absolute bargain for £40.

The Kooks, Jake Bugg, The Coral, The View, The Ks all on tbe main stage. 

A long way from me but close enough to the likes of Scarborough and Whitby that I've never been to make the journey worthwhile.

If The Coral were on the Dickie day at Penn Fest then I'd just go there but Dickie, Jess Glynne and Weller is a great set of headers, but Weller was done at Y Not this year and that's enough.

22 hours ago, gfa said:

Anyone got chems at RAH prices?

Not seen any yet but very interested in that gig. will be a fantastic venue to see them. The money goes to a good cause as well.  Not sure what the prices were like last year for those gigs as an indication?

lot's of sites selling tickets (SEE, ticketmaster, gigs and tours, RAH) anyone have experience of which is the best to try for tickets for TCT gigs?  Royal Albert Hall isn't that big

Edited by glimmers_of_hope

14 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Not seen any yet but very interested in that gig. will be a fantastic venue to see them. The money goes to a good cause as well.  Not sure what the prices were like last year for those gigs as an indication?

lot's of sites selling tickets (SEE, ticketmaster, gigs and tours, RAH) anyone have experience of which is the best to try for tickets for TCT gigs?  Royal Albert Hall isn't that big

I'd go with SEE or G&T.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Just looked back, and I paid £95.00 for two tickets last year, which would have been the cheapest available. Better seats get expensive there. That was via G&T. I'd imagine that £95.00 would be £105.00 this year?

Good luck with tickets, they go very fast for the days in demand. I'd like to go again but for me, getting there pretty much doubles the cost at a minimum so I'm passing this year.

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

Just looked back, and I paid £95.00 for two tickets last year, which would have been the cheapest available. Better seats get expensive there. That was via G&T. I'd imagine that £95.00 would be £105.00 this year?

Good luck with tickets, they go very fast for the days in demand. I'd like to go again but for me, getting there pretty much doubles the cost at a minimum so I'm passing this year.

any idea who this was for?

I'd presume it may vary a bit between acts - AM played for near enough £100 a few years back while i've heard Underworld were around £50

That's for standing AM - not sure what those Underworld tickets were area wise.

2 hours ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Well aware its for a good cause - more than happy to pay myself but its nice to know prices in advance.

Trying to get mates convinced to come along but most of them won't pay over £70 odd for gigs really - let alone just after xmas

Edited by gfa
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

How much of a vibe is sitting in the upper tier for Chems going to be?

Feels like a down the front or nothing gig to me.

yeah, it's a small venue though compared to arenas so rather be upper tier at RAH than nosebleed seats at O2 Arena. 5k capacity - but yes rather be down the front.

2 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

yeah, it's a small venue though compared to arenas so rather be upper tier at RAH than nosebleed seats at O2 Arena. 5k capacity - but yes rather be down the front.

If you can get into the standing area it will be spectacular in that venue.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I'd presume it may vary a bit between acts - AM played for near enough £100 a few years back while i've heard Underworld were around £50

Well aware its for a good cause - more than happy to pay myself but its nice to know prices in advance.

Trying to get mates convinced to come along but most of them won't pay over £70 odd for gigs really - let alone just after xmas

It was Courteeners, I 'think' all gigs are priced the same, but options within the venue will vary massively. That was for upper tier seats and I think they were priced slightly cheaper than standing. Not sure though. Anyway, expect the cheapest options to be about £50-60 each. Not too bad for a memorable night and if travel is no problem.

Edited by ClementsMike
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gfa said:

I paid about 80 notes for AM in 2018.... then fell asleep in my seat as I went straight to the gig from an all day work event.