Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

9 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

image.thumb.jpeg.14c884ab93a7707824b5684d158be82f.jpeg

Run Saffron

I haven't got enough words for how angry this makes me. I thought Hacienda Classical was the nadir of popular culture, then I saw that Shiiine Weekender, which makes me want to join Al Queda and fight for the end of Western civilisation.. And now this. A new low.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Look at that photo. Look at the depths of despair in all of their eyes. Beaten. Defeated. Like a Labrador on a daytime telly RSPCA advert.

How do you think yer man from the Levellers would have reacted to being called Britpop in 1994? That shows all you all you need to know about their integrity. A medium sized back of cash and he'll willingly sh*t on his past. There's only one way of life, and that's your mortgage company's.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mardy said:

How do you think yer man from the Levellers would have reacted to being called Britpop in 1994? That shows all you all you need to know about their integrity. A medium sized back of cash and he'll willingly sh*t on his past. There's only one way of life, and that's your mortgage company's.

It's absolutely staggering.

That's his cred destroyed and reasonable accusations of hypocrisy can now be raised.

3 hours ago, Mardy said:

I haven't got enough words for how angry this makes me. I thought Hacienda Classical was the nadir of popular culture, then I saw that Shiiine Weekender, which makes me want to join Al Queda and fight for the end of Western civilisation.. And now this. A new low.

Just got to say, this is possibly the best post on here since I joined. 

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

Look at that photo. Look at the depths of despair in all of their eyes. Beaten. Defeated. Like a Labrador on a daytime telly RSPCA advert.

Suggesting that could result in getting a didgeridoo rammed up yer arse

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mardy said:

1 hour ago, Skip997 said:

Just got to say, this is possibly the best post on here since I joined. 

Post made me laugh but I got bought a ticket to Hacienda Classical for my birthday and despite dreading it, had one of the best nights of the year. I think I’m the perfect age range for it though! 

17 minutes ago, stuie said:

Post made me laugh but I got bought a ticket to Hacienda Classical for my birthday and despite dreading it, had one of the best nights of the year. I think I’m the perfect age range for it though! 

Loved them on the Pyramid perfect way to start the day and shake the hangover 

I'm going to try and keep relatively restrained here on my views on the inherent classism in taking something life changing and beautiful and astounding and culturally vital, which those dance tracks were/are, and then playing them on 'proper' instruments in an attempt to give it some form of faux legitimacy and meaning. It is genuinely barbaric in the true sense of the word - It's absolutely artistically bankrupt and anti-creativity.

I tell you had bad it is, and this is some f**king statement, but I'd rather listen to an hour of Liam Gallagher's witless bellowing than one minute of Hacienda classical.

Now look what you've made me do there. I'm off to scrub my brain clean. Hope you're happy now.

38 minutes ago, stuie said:

Peace brother, I hate the game, not the player. 

(I'm entirely in their demographic too, which makes me push back against it even more, I think - and I tell you what, I bet those Hacienda Classical c**ts use words like 'demographic' in their marketing plan)

Enjoyed the original "Classical House" thingy - Pete Tong's shindig. But this Britpop thing looks turgid.

Tong's choice of tracks (at least on the original one which I saw live) on his house vehicle was ace and the performances made people grin from ear to ear - me most of all. An' I don't smile that much innit.

17 hours ago, Mardy said:

Seeing Mark on there has genuinely made me sad.