shoebox

Weather

I've just read this:  

OUTLOOK:
Friday we could see some light rain clearing later as High Pressure builds into the weekend.

Saturday & Sunday:
With High Pressure building, winds will be lighter and good sunny spells developing.

Temperatures will increase across all areas between 19 degrees to 22 degrees.

The weekend outlook is subject to change but at present the likelihood is for drier and slightly warmer weather to return.

sounds alright to me

just packing: t shirts, shorts, trousers, water proof trousers, fleeces, rain coat, wellies, sandles - pretty much every  eventuality covered. Loved Sunday last year, despite pissing down all day.

Currently hammering it down in mid-Wiltshire. Let's hope this is it for the week, not least because I've a wedding to attend tomorrow, sober up Tuesday, pack on Wednesday, start again on Thursday. 

BBC weather currently says dry all weekend, temperatures 19-21 C, Met Office (which has a location at Larmer Tree Gardens) says 17-19 Thursday to Saturday with the long-range talking about any weekend rain being confined to the north, but from recent experience it's not worth really trusting anything until the day before at the earliest.

Edited by SweepingTheNation

I've done the last 2 and they've both been teeth shattering cold at night ripping through any modest attempt at layers no matter how warm the day was.  Is that always the case?

The man from Countryfile weather says 'looking good, dry, sunny'

😀😀😀

Edited by airwaves
Mistype

The weather looks lovely but if you use the BBC website/app they now only update it twice a day (10.30 ish and 20.00 ish) so if anything alters I suggest the Met Office site which updates every hour, and is getting very accurate too predicting exactly what we got at Watchet this weekend so we we ready fr it.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:29 PM, snipe said:

I've done the last 2 and they've both been teeth shattering cold at night ripping through any modest attempt at layers no matter how warm the day was.  Is that always the case?

You need to go equipped with beach wear for the day and polar exploration kit for 8.00 pm onwards.

It’s looking v v good, but all comments about the cold nights are bang on. The biggest contrast is if you leave secret set in Tipi at 2am then stand around getting a drunken snack somewhere .. baltic

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no doom from you today? What's going on?!?

Thats Glasto only. I like to think EOTR Nal is slightly optimistic.